Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My Pet Lovebird Died (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120354)

pinkskymelody 30-01-2018 01:12 AM

My Pet Lovebird Died

Today, around 1:30 , my pet lovebird died. I knew he was breaking down but I didn't expect it so soon. I heard him screaming , then he died...I can't get the screams out of my head and my family's still sad.

I don't know where pets go but out of sadness and desperation, I tried to reach him & feel he's in transition.. I know it sounds strange... This is gonna be so tough ..

Nothing will feel the same. :(

Nature Grows 30-01-2018 04:40 AM

I use to have a love bird as well, a green one with a peach pink face, we use to hang out together, i took him/her (never knew if it was boy or girl) with me on holidays and he/she use to sleep in my room all the time, i remember sometimes when we played he/she would bite me really hard haha they have a hard bite, my family had other birds before too, he/she use to hang out with them a bit, but mostly was with me, anyway one day i found him/her in bad shape, i think something attacked him/her but i could be wrong... anyway this was when i was younger, i had to go to school, my father said he would look after him/her while i was gone, but when i came back home, my dad said my friend had passed, so yea thanks for reminding me of that feathery friend, beautiful soul.

shoni7510 30-01-2018 10:15 AM

Deepest condolences Pinkskymelody; I am sure you will meet your bird again in the spirit world.

SeekerOfKnowledge 30-01-2018 11:00 AM

I am sorry for your loss, pinkskymelody.

It is always sad when a dear friend moves on and leaves you behind.

What is his name? I am sure he will be fine where is he going now.

Take a :hug:

linen53 30-01-2018 05:00 PM

We have fur kids and feather kids. I have lost several of my ducks last year to a bobcat. So I do understand your grief. For me I know my feather kids are at the great pond in the sky awaiting my return.

dream jo 30-01-2018 06:20 PM

so sorry on loss of yore pet 2 yrs go i loss a fur kid i did cat of 16/17 yrs i did

vinoth 03-02-2018 11:14 AM

So sad

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkskymelody
Today, around 1:30 , my pet lovebird died. I knew he was breaking down but I didn't expect it so soon. I heard him screaming , then he died...I can't get the screams out of my head and my family's still sad.

I don't know where pets go but out of sadness and desperation, I tried to reach him & feel he's in transition.. I know it sounds strange... This is gonna be so tough ..

I know it hurts a lot.

I have faced the same situation, when my dog dies.

Lynn 03-02-2018 06:42 PM

Hello

As a Medium I have found that Pets go to their own level of crossings or dimension. That does not mean that they do not join with us when we cross but its not the same level of dependence on us. They are their own free time.

I was doing a general group reading once and this bunny showed up on the floor in front of me, it was the bunny from childhood of one in the group.

The cry out was just saying goodbye is all, like a thank you, its not pain when leaving its more that letting you know. I have worked with both people and animals from time to time when they are leaving, and this is common that cry out release its the Soul leaving is all.

I found a blessing that is very calming. I have read this over the years in readings. Death is not an ending its a new beginning. In that we carry forth with us that memory.

Traditional Buddhist Blessing

Just as the soft rains fill the streams,
pour into the rivers and join together in the oceans,
so may the power of every moment of your goodness
flow forth to awaken and heal all beings,
Those here now, those gone before, those yet to come.
By the power of every moment of your goodness
May your heart's wishes be soon fulfilled
as completely shining as the bright full moon,
as magically as by a wish-fulfilling gem.
By the power of every moment of your goodness
May all dangers be averted and all disease be gone.
May no obstacle come across your way.
May you enjoy fulfillment and long life.
For all in whose heart dwells respect,
who follow the wisdom and compassion, of the Way,
May your life prosper in the four blessings
of old age, beauty, happiness and strength.

SaturninePluto 03-02-2018 08:00 PM

My deep and heartfelt condolences to you, and your family during this time of grieving.

I am very fond of birds, and used to have one, not a love bird but rather a parakeet. This bird touched my heart as I would talk to it often to try and teach it to speak, with a soothing voice and it did speak and was able to learn. I marvel at the fondness I had for this creature, and the level of trust the magnificent little girl/guy displayed and was able to maintain.

I can not keep birds now as my family members do not feel the same as I, they often will say- birds are filthy creatures and such. I completely disagree entirely. Yes their messes can be gruesome, but I find them highly intelligent, gentle and beautiful souls.

Despite I can not keep them I keep them around me. Not the creatures themselves but representations of them, love birds in particular, I have fondness for. I have some wall artwork featuring a couple on a branch, and I have two small ones with clips on them clipped to a shelf.

Your friend will always be with you in heart.

Perhaps when you are ready you will be and remain open, not for a replacement (individual souls whether human or not, can not be replaced), but for a new friend.

I wish you much healing and peace during this transition. :hug3:

My deepest condolences to you.

guthrio 03-02-2018 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkskymelody

Pinkskymelody,

I invite you to look at the reference, below entitled "Autobiography of a Yogi", written by Yogi Paramahansa Yogananda. Use the "find" function in your browser and type the word "delusive" in it.

Please understand that the word has nothing to do with your heartfelt feelings (I felt the very same when all my pets died, too).

I believe the resulting sentences you'll see which contain that word will help you.....very, very much, especially when you get to the part where Yogananda relates the story of his pet deer!

Excerpts you'll see from typing in the word "delusive":

"I realized anew that God wants His children to love everything as a part of Him, and not to feel delusively that death ends all."

“Rejoicing at the immortality of friendship, they realize the indestructibility of love, often doubted at the time of the sad, delusive partings of earthly life.

....whether the "family member" is called Mom, Dad, Grandma, Sis, Friend, or "Lovebird".

Your Lovebird may seem to have died....but Love never does.:hug3:

Hope this helps you see why......"Nothing need ever feel the same", again.

Reference: https://www.ananda.org/autobiography/