Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Are we in purgatory right now? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110865)

django 17-02-2017 06:46 AM

Are we in purgatory right now?

What if the Earth was actually purgatory, that we’re in right now, lifetime after lifetime.

If this was purgatory, then trying to be happy would be an ill-fated aim, and one day we would realise that the only worthwhile aim would be to create an immortal body to get us out of here.

sky 17-02-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by django
What if the Earth was actually purgatory, that we’re in right now, lifetime after lifetime.

If this was purgatory, then trying to be happy would be an ill-fated aim, and one day we would realise that the only worthwhile aim would be to create an immortal body to get us out of here.

If this is purgatory, can you imagine what heaven is like :smile:

lemex 17-02-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

I use to believe this possible so much. Life use to be very hard, that was my perception. I let go of that thought some years ago, not very many, but some but still hold on to some old ideas. If this is purgatory and some are happy it kinda doesn't fit the role of it. Another thing is we should know why we are where we are but we don't. What we have done. Me, I feel innocent! I always have, much more so when I was young by 100 times. Kind of an important feeling and reality isn't it. There's no clarity about this. As far as the immortal body what if that's evolution (karma going hand in hand). Is it destiny or change. :smile:

django 18-02-2017 09:57 AM

Is anyone really happy??? This could be purgatory in that we have karma to work out, very few or no one would have no karma to work out, and working it out comes with the promise of not having to return to here. The promise of not having to return makes it sound like a promise that we don't have to remain in purgatory.

And yes maybe the immortal body is the heavenly body which is also our souls evolution, I guess evolution doesn't have to be limited to the physical realm for us.

Baile 18-02-2017 10:07 AM

Quote:

Is anyone really happy???

Yes. :smile: Really, is this a question? Of course many people are happy. And many people are not, that's also true.

It's projection. It's attraction. When I was unhappy in life, I saw nothing but unhappy people, and the world seemed like a ugly place. Oh and my spiritual path at the time was all about evil beings and entities that are infiltrating evolution... not coincidentally, and let that be a lesson as well. The mind is a powerful spiritual self-prophecy tool.

When that changed for me, when joy became my life, I found myself surrounded by joyful people and happenings. django, I get up each morning (in summer) and go ocean kayaking... under blue and sunny skies, with warm winds and birds and seals and waves and so much beauty. Create your joy. Climb out of your self-created purgatory, and go and create your joy in life.

You don't need an immortal body, you are already an eternal soul. Every lifetime is a step on a ladder, to further learn and understand this truth. It frees you up to live this life now, loving this life now, knowing there will be other lifetimes.

Squatchit 18-02-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
Yes. :smile: Really, is this a question? Of course many people are happy. And many people are not, that's also true.

It's projection. It's attraction. When I was unhappy in life, I saw nothing but unhappy people. The world seemed like a ugly place. When that changed for me, when joy became my life, I found myself surrounded by joyful people and happenings. django, I get up each morning (in summer) and go ocean kayaking... under blue and sunny skies, with warm winds and birds and seals and waves and so much beauty. Create your joy. Climb out of your self-created purgatory, and go and create your joy in life.

:headbang: :hello2: :blob3:

shiningstars 18-02-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Yes, ala, Baile

urbanzennist 18-02-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

In Buddhism, we are, in a sense, always in "purgatory", in the sense that our goal in this life is to transcend that which is evil within us (in Buddhism, "evil" refers to being born of craving and hatred) and to see the original unstained mind. However, just because we are making steps towards purity does not mean that there is nothing enjoyable in life. In fact, the more our defilements fall away, the more enjoyment of life we are able to have, regardless of the circumstances.

Jyotir 18-02-2017 04:07 PM

Hi django,

Escape to 'Heaven' has been the traditional scheme by many approaches to Earth experience.

Or else, becoming genuinely happy by realizing an immortal consciousness could be the actual essential purpose of the current scheme.

~ J

lemex 18-02-2017 04:26 PM

Quote:

You may not know this but is great lesson and a good start. I like the question mark after. Asking!