Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Do you need to believe? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118864)

Tirisilex 02-12-2017 10:28 PM

Do you need to believe?

To start... One day in the past I had some anxiety... I decided to use Affirmations to help me with it. o I chanted to myself "I am Calm I'm at peace" and after 15 minutes of chanting my anxiety went away. Now at the time, I didn't really believe in my heart that it would work but it Did. I then also at a later date used an affirmation to bestow more confidence but I knew deep in my core that I believed I was worthy of confidence.

My question is do you need to believe in the affirmation for it to work? I know it sounds odd that I ask it after using it on my anxiety like I did. But I just need to know do you need to believe?

Realm Ki 02-12-2017 11:06 PM

No.

In my humble experience, affirmations start working anyway. And it seems that's the answer you have experienced to.

(If one goes into the details, it is possible it works because some subconcious part of us believes in the affirmated statement, underneath fear and self-doubt etc, but for all practical purposes; no you don't have to believe, just state it as a fact, and the universe responds).

But it's faster if you believe. And cooler things can be manifested with solid intent :D Hogwarts-magic-style.

What happened to me, was that it worked when I just allowed for the possibility that it could work. Then I started believing that affirmations work, and therefore that as soon as I said something out lout they were beginning to manifest: They might not rationally be true at the moment I spoke the words, but they were true in some other 'sphere' that just needed some time to connect to mine, and therefore it was actually true.

(That was not easy to describe...!) But you got my short answer up top... :)

Miss Hepburn 03-12-2017 12:49 AM

Honestly...and having 99.9% success for decades...I have never said or thought an
affirmation or prayer or made a demand/decree to the Universe or the Powers that Be
that I did not know 100% was going to manifest.

I don't think that helps you...accept to say I can't imagine saying anything I didn't believe in.

Now, 'could' it still work...sure...the subconscious mind can make it happen...and all our subconscious minds
are hooked together...Dad's going to raise my allowance
...say that 100 ×'s....it will probably happen...esp if you think it in his presence!
Don't think whether you believe it or not...be blank...just say it. A lot. :)

Tirisilex 03-12-2017 01:31 AM

I'm looking to apply this to dealing with Schizophrenia symptoms... Like when I start to think that some government agency is after me. When experiencing these delusions it is difficult to believe that it isn't real. But I'm hoping that Affirmations will pull me out of these kinds of experiences.

Lorelyen 03-12-2017 09:42 AM

Of course you have to believe it. You see it as a target set of conditions which you KNOW you have the ability to achieve.
It's "I will"

The only proviso is keeping it practical. A big change may take a long time.

As for a government agency (or anything else) being after you, rationalising it may help...well, a little. Paranoia is sometimes wiser than being a fool. Ask yourself if you've done anything to draw the attention of an agency to you. Or do you fear for the future? Like a change of agency policy might bring you into the spotlight?

Tirisilex 03-12-2017 01:11 PM

I know that believing a government agency that is after me is delusional and I know it is a typical characteristic of my disease. I highly doubt is based in reality. Having this disease thoughts will pop up to make you believe that it is real.

Tirisilex 05-12-2017 03:09 AM

So I got 1 no you dont need to believe and 2 yes you do. I think about Metta-meditation and how you can go into this meditation and not believe in it's power but it still does work. Metta-meditation is meditating on loving kindness for others including your enemies. This meditation always generates loving kindness whether or not you believe it does. I believe belief can help in the process and possibly speed it up. But I'm not so sure it is required. Like I said I chanted "I am at peace, I am calm." and I didnt believe in my heart it would work I was quite neutral in my beliefs about it and it still generated peace and calmness in me. I saw in the Secret that you can attract things to you that you dont want just by thinking you dont want them. Where does belief fit in that equation?

John32241 05-12-2017 03:05 PM

Hello,

Consider that affirmations are about setting your focus. What you focus upon, you attract.

Now the one thing most of us are unable to appreciate is that the human body itself is listening to our thoughts and those words we speak so that it can comply with our focus. From its point of view, our belief/desire is what we have focused our attention on.

This is also why fear works so well. Once we are caught up in it, we create all those things we fear.

Belief fits into that equation as a primary affirmation. There are times you can get around it with a concentrated focus and verbal statement just like you described. Those who understand how to evolve their beliefs are in fact life masters. You kind of did some thing like that with that process.

John

blossomingtree 05-12-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John32241
Hello,

Consider that affirmations are about setting your focus. What you focus upon, you attract.

Now the one thing most of us are unable to appreciate is that the human body itself is listening to our thoughts and those words we speak so that it can comply with our focus. From its point of view, our belief/desire is what we have focused our attention on.

This is also why fear works so well. Once we are caught up in it, we create all those things we fear.

Belief fits into that equation as a primary affirmation. There are times you can get around it with a concentrated focus and verbal statement just like you described. Those who understand how to evolve their beliefs are in fact life masters. You kind of did some thing like that with that process.

John

Hi John

Once these things are created, is it possible to reverse its effects, or things set in motion?

Thanks,

BT

John32241 06-12-2017 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Hi John

Once these things are created, is it possible to reverse its effects, or things set in motion?

Thanks,

BT

Hello,

Yes most definately. In my case I can say that I notice when some thing has scared me to the point that I can not think clearly. As a great kindness to myself I can accept that, for the moment, I am in the grip of a fear.

As soon as this can be done, the fear will lose its control of us. For in that very moment, we have stopped being our own worst enemy. We did that with compassion folr self or what some will call self love.

Beyond this insight, may I suggest that we can all evolve our thinking patterns. How we deal with our personal concerns can be elevated. Worry and anxiety are thought groups which keep us enslaved to fearful expectations. Notice how we do these things and reflect on how we can change these patterns.

All of us are in fact Master Creators of our reality. Learning how to manage our thoughts and thus our feelings and emotions is the task. For some the term would be managing our emotions so that our thoughts and feeling can become elevated. We are all so different in how we get thingds done.

I hope that I have answered your question.

John