Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Social anxiety (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127356)

LoveAllBeings 09-01-2019 10:30 PM

Social anxiety

I noticed my social anxiety got really bad sometime about 10 months ago and now that I'm travelling in South America without being able to fully speak the language yet its really up in my face how much I be struggling with social interactions. It feels like its hit an all time peak, all I can do is meditate on my breath and inner body, when I remember to do this I can very quickly ahift to a calm, relaxed and relatively euphoric state where the anxiety dissolves. I would really love to develop better social abilities, especially to be able to make people feel good. You know how some people can trigger good feelings in you with the positive way they interact with you, Id love to be able to do that. Is it a matter of just keep doing your best and gradually cultivating the traits?

Does the social anxiety gradually dissolve as you keep exposing yourself to situations that bring it up and meditate on the feelings?

Lucky 1 10-01-2019 02:07 PM

Ive been all through South America a number of times......where abouts are you????

The first time I traveled to South America my Spanish was not great......but my wife of 30 years is Latina and I speak it pretty fluently now.

I find that being immersed in a culture helps you learn the language because you are put into a position that you have to!

When you are hungry. ...you will learn the words that fill your belly

When you have to "go"! ...You'll pick up the words that get you to the bathroom.

Just relax........enjoy the days and Let it be intuitive and you'll learn more of the language faster than you think.......

Aknaton 10-01-2019 09:13 PM

I believe there is Kapoera, pardon me if I spell it wrong. You should try it out, that will definitely help your social anxiety.

ocean breeze 11-01-2019 02:48 AM

Stop fapping. :tongue:

Ricardo 12-01-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveAllBeings
I noticed my social anxiety got really bad sometime about 10 months ago and now that I'm travelling in South America without being able to fully speak the language yet its really up in my face how much I be struggling with social interactions. It feels like its hit an all time peak, all I can do is meditate on my breath and inner body, when I remember to do this I can very quickly ahift to a calm, relaxed and relatively euphoric state where the anxiety dissolves. I would really love to develop better social abilities, especially to be able to make people feel good. You know how some people can trigger good feelings in you with the positive way they interact with you, Id love to be able to do that. Is it a matter of just keep doing your best and gradually cultivating the traits?

Does the social anxiety gradually dissolve as you keep exposing yourself to situations that bring it up and meditate on the feelings?

Hi, another socially anxious person here. I don't think the social anxiety will just dissolve, but I think you are most definitely doing the right thing. Some socially anxious people do the opposite which is complete avoidance. With avoidance nothing gets better, just makes it worse, the hole gets deeper.

I've travelled on my own myself. Although I've never been to south America I know what you are up against. Your adventure sounds really really cool. I'd love to visit south America but at the moment a day trip to the seaside is hard enough ha. Good luck:smile:

Daisyquest 13-01-2019 07:06 AM

Quote:

Plant medicines like Ayahuasca can treat that

LoveAllBeings 13-01-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Ive been all through South America a number of times......where abouts are you????

The first time I traveled to South America my Spanish was not great......but my wife of 30 years is Latina and I speak it pretty fluently now.

I find that being immersed in a culture helps you learn the language because you are put into a position that you have to!

When you are hungry. ...you will learn the words that fill your belly

When you have to "go"! ...You'll pick up the words that get you to the bathroom.

Just relax........enjoy the days and Let it be intuitive and you'll learn more of the language faster than you think.......

I flew into Bogota in Colombia and been travelling south, Im near Pucallpa in Peru now. I been having bouts of extreme diarrhea hitting me since I got here, sometimes in really awkward places. Im loving every minute of being here, its kinda forcing me to learn the language really fast and move through the social anxiety.

LoveAllBeings 13-01-2019 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisyquest
Plant medicines like Ayahuasca can treat that

Im doing this and its in the ceremonies that Im becoming acutely aware of it and wanting to change it. M

anthony c 14-01-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Im doing this and its in the ceremonies that Im becoming acutely aware of it and wanting to change it. M

I also have social anxiety, anxiety, fear and much more. You are very brave to go it alone in South America.

I have read/watched a lot on Ayahuasca. I wish i had the guts to do it but to me it sounds scary. Was it scary for you?

Ricardo 15-01-2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthony c
I also have social anxiety, anxiety, fear and much more. You are very brave to go it alone in South America.

I have read/watched a lot on Ayahuasca. I wish i had the guts to do it but to me it sounds scary. Was it scary for you?

I haven't read much about Ayahuasca but I went to a talk in central London last year to here about someones experience of it. I wasnt impressed with the guy if im honest, I walked out half way through. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, seriously considering doing it maybe next year possibly.