Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Do you share your afterlife knowledge with other people? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120173)

Burntfruit 22-01-2018 05:57 PM

Do you share your afterlife knowledge with other people?

When I was reading a lot of books on the subject I would tell my friends and family about it.

They did not appear to be impressed, and it did not get excited, just wanted to talk about something else.

I don't think I have 'converted' anyone yet.

Do you share on Facebook, or with friends and family?

I have stopped sharing about it, apart from anonymous forums.

I am a bit meh now.

linen53 23-01-2018 05:45 PM

Seldom. Only a very select few, and most of them are on this forum. Most people are here (in this incarnation) living the "dream"/the human experience. They aren't ready to delve into spiritual matters. And I understand and leave them alone.

pluralone 23-01-2018 07:53 PM

I wasn't into trying to convert anyone, but when I first started on this journey I did want to talk about it. Learned really fast that it's not a subject to bring up with just anyone.

Now I have a couple of folks in my life who like to talk about spirituality, including my older sister. Each of us - these folks I know - experience the universe differently, but for the most part we're on the same page in that we believe that even when our experiences are very different, what's real and true for each of us is equally real and true (to the best of our knowledge). There are so many, many layers to reality, there's no reason for me (or them) to say, "That's not what I experience/believe, and therefore you are wrong." Or - argh - "You just can't see it yet. You'll get there," as though one of us is on a 'higher' path or is more 'advanced' than the others. Differences of experience just don't always equate with one being right and the other wrong. There's room in this universe for all experiences.

Or, that's how I see it anyway. =-)

I'm glad you found this forum, linen, especially since you don't have anyone nearby to speak with.

linen53 23-01-2018 08:38 PM

Thank you pluralone. I've gotten used to it. I feel fortunate to be a member of this wonderful forum.

Starman 23-01-2018 09:06 PM

Whatever you say; whatever you put out there, you have got to let go of once you put it out there. Unless you think you have offended someone, then an apology may be in order. But otherwise you can not hold on to how others will receive your message.

Everything that we talk or think about is really about us reflecting on ourselves, even if we say it about someone else. Experiences beyond this physical world are some of the most intimate and personal experiences which I have had and I do not share them willy nilly with just anyone, including family or close friends.

I am not in the evangelical business of trying to convert people to see things my way. The best sharing which I can do is to share love unspoken; that is the presence of love coming through me without saying a word. More than anything else that will transform others. Sharing love without words is what a new born baby, or infant, does, and we so-called "adults" can do that as well.:smile:

Native spirit 24-01-2018 12:13 AM

The people that know me well.know about my past lives

Namaste

Colorado 24-01-2018 08:16 AM

Honestly, you have to be careful who you share your information with.

Yes, I've shared mine...but sometimes, when I have tried to share it with someone who lost a loved one, ect....it seems like divine intervention stopped me from doing so. Weird things will happen, like we be interrupted over and over, for long periods by other people or events...until we have forgotten what we were talking about, and moved on from the doscussion. When I look back...most of these people I was trying to share the message with, weren't really trustworthy, and ended up not being people with very good character, beliefs or faith, later on. I think in hindsight, I knew that deep down, subconsciously...and that's why I was trying to reach out to them. But you can't make non believers, believers...and don't throw yourself under the bus to try and help someone else who is going to use it against you later, or who isn't interested. Your experiences are for you, and between you and God.

At the time it might have been frustrating, but later...I can see why it was disrupted before I could share what happened.

So, just because it's spiritual, doesn't mean it's for everyone...Ive learned its for the intended person who experienced it, and can be sacred and not meant for everyone. You have to use your discernmemt and keep your experiences close to you in faith.

This board is another outlet...it's purpose is to share your experiences with other people, that's it's purpose....however sometimes things are better left unsaid. Others times, it's okay. You will know by the way you feel, before, while and after you share it....if the members are open minded, receptive, or have something to add from their own experiences.

Also, you have to remember...that sharing your spiritual experiences to others, especially family and friends, can be likened to them as you getting a fancy new car or gift, that they didn't get. It can paint you in a light, that others don't want to hear, or think you are anymore special than them.

While we all have the ability to experience these things, some peoples vibrations and mentality are not on that wavelength...and while your intentions may be good, they may be received less favorably. Use discernmemt, and don't try to force or change people. They are following their own path, and going at their own spiritual pace.

sentient 24-01-2018 09:40 PM

I don’t think you can ever share the fullness and the richness of your past-life-trance-scene-experiences with anyone, for they are re-lived by you only.

The emotional/spiritual meaning, when you look at the simple woodcarvings in your hands - you had made in your past life (re-lived-in-the-now), the hunter’s hut (the fullness of the lifestyle in the forest it encapsulated) ….. etc. etc. etc.

Well – my friends have indulged me, pretending they were ‘with me’ throughout all these accounts of experiences, but they do not remember their past lives – so …. well …. you just carry on :smile:

Lynn 24-01-2018 09:53 PM

Hello

I have learned to be an "open book" about me, not really sharing a view but being open to what I believe in. I do feel that at times some of my friends are like "OK your weird but what ever" and go forth. I embrace fully now being me and well being different, but that too comes with a lot of self confidence and not EGO to be different and right.

Lynn

Rena 24-01-2018 11:19 PM

I am the same way as most of you all, i keep it to myself for the most part except my boyfriend of 6 years..... But he doesnt like talking about it or hearing about my visions....etc..... I dont talk about it to most people because people think you're crazy with this psychic spiritual stuff. I need to be more like Lynn. Not caring about what others think!!! But yes it gets frustrating sometimes not to be able to talk about it and wondering if they even believe you have ability....because they dont know what the gift is like. People like to think its your imagination, which is not the case.

Tobi 24-01-2018 11:45 PM

Well....there's kind of a time and a place for everything so I don't always talk about it. What I say does depend on who I'm talking to. But I am generally happy to share what I have discovered so far.

And sometimes it's interesting...people can end up sharing their own experiences of one kind or another with you. Sometimes, even the most "earthy" people have had unusual things happen, or have some ability to perceive other realities.

sentient 24-01-2018 11:51 PM

There is one person though – whom I can genuinely go to 'with my stuff’ and that is the local Aboriginal Elder I know.
He has seen elements from my past before I became fully consciously aware of them (perhaps having blocked them).

Because this Elder is Non-Dual Unconditional Love, that enables the unblocking, acceptance and the healing.

Rena 25-01-2018 12:01 AM

You are very lucky to have such a friend as him. All of us needs some kind of friend that has abilities too that can help us through things.... They help by being a listening ear and they help with their knowledge. Also they are truly interested in the subject, unlike most people. Lol

Colorado 25-01-2018 01:30 AM

That's why I'm here, Rena...I've had some pretty awesome things happen, but nobody to talk to. I kinda go overboard here sometimes.( I get a little excited:) You guys can share with me, I love hearing your stories...I believe you, because I know it's real, and we are not crazy! ( okay maybe a tad;). This world is so crazy backwards, people have no idea how real it is. I was experiencing this stuff most of my life....and still had no idea what it was. I thought psychic abilities were more blatant...like in your face, so I didn't know these dreams, quick I mages, feelings, and small video like clips, had any real validation.

I've had a few NDEs, and that's when things would always pick back up...God was calling me, and I wouldn't listen....even while experiencing it.

There's a funny story I want to share

I've always questioned it, what the he'll was all this? . It was here on this board two years ago, that I was on questioning it...posts after posts, and some very nice moderators and members assured me, but still I felt lost while talking to them. It was funny because between making these posts, I would wait for answers, and go off and answer others peoples post, and wait for people to answer mine. Back and forth.

Well, I was off answering anothers post, waiting for replies on mine...and I did it without even knowing. I was questioning my abilities, while answering another persons post and using my abilities at the same time.

I clearly read in her post that she was a math teacher, I saw it as I read it. I didn't know nobody else wasnt reading the same thing. When she replied to my comment, she asked, how did you know I taught math? I said, because you wrote it! She said no, I didn't! I said, yes you did! Lol.

She told me to go back and read it again, and so I did....and I couldn't find where she said she was a math teacher....I read it three more times, and it wasn't there. Then I looked to see if she had edited it, and she didn't...and then I looked to see if I was on the right post....and I was.

Then she said, I'm not surprised, I knew you guys on this board were psychic! (She was a new member and started this post)

And here I was, checking my own post I made, about my psychic experiences. Haha, it's funny looking back...I just couldn't accept it, even after all the years of experiences, and the NDEs, and yet...While I was feeling crazy, and questioning it.....I was doing it at the same time!

So hard headed I am, and I've been told that many times.

sentient 25-01-2018 10:29 PM

Having communications with the departed is common for Saami-Karelian-Vepsian.
It is not really “being psychic” in the Western sense, it is part of the Shamanic culture.

Communications with the departed is common among my Oz-Aboriginal friends as well, so it is easy to relate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rena
You are very lucky to have such a friend as him. All of us needs some kind of friend that has abilities too that can help us through things.... They help by being a listening ear and they help with their knowledge. Also they are truly interested in the subject, unlike most people. Lol

How shall I put it ........
He is a friend – but not really my friend as he is more like a person who belongs to everybody, yet nobody especially.
He serves everybody because he serves Totality in the Non-Dual sense, hence he is the lowest of the low humble person, but his abilities to serve make him the highest of the high that anyone can trust.

dream jo 25-01-2018 10:34 PM

only on hear
i o do

Spiritual Mike 26-01-2018 09:09 AM

I only share it with people I am close to and trust, that's not too many people but I do wish to share it with loved ones in the hope it takes away fear of the unknown.

Rena 26-01-2018 09:15 PM

Colorado,
Yes it is awesome to have someone to talk to about these things. That is very cool about thinking you read she was a math teacher and she had not wrote that!!!! We all experience these abilities in different ways!!!! Everytime i need to talk to someone about things i dont understand, i get on the forum.... But what sucks is when i post a thread, people hardly ever respond!!!! Which is discouraging

sentient 27-01-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

Everytime i need to talk to someone about things i dont understand, i get on the forum.... But what sucks is when i post a thread, people hardly ever respond!!!! Which is discouraging

Are you referring to this post of yours? http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=119686
Quote:

Why did i see my deceased dad crying?
Last night, i saw my dad when i was laying in bed with my eyes closed. He was crying and i dont know why. Anybody have any ideas? I really need some help with this.
Perhaps people (they/we/those) do not answer posts, because they/we do not know how to, didn’t see them, couldn’t relate to them or the timing wasn’t right - whatever.

I saw that post of yours, but wasn’t going to answer it, because I’d rather leave it to the real “psychics” and because to me – it was an ‘odd note’.

Odd, because (from my mapped experiences point of view), the departed usually always come to visit the loved ones to tell them how well they are now - almost to the point of bragging - showing the youthful and radiant images of themselves to make the point.

It is only those just very recently departed – who are confused and bewildered by their *felt* ‘untimely passing’ that pour out their emotions with anger or sadness about them not being seen or heard by the living.
But once they accept the situation – peace and serenity follows with expanded awareness (a kind of ‘awakening’).

Odd note also, because (from my experience) communications with the departed are ‘other dimensional’ and “energetic”, ‘translated’ by our minds (within the mind space) into mental images and ‘voices’.
Energetic communications have an “aura” about them, so a simple image or a sentence conveys much depth about its overall meaning, which is sensed or intuitively directly understood.

So if your father hadn’t just passed at the time of your ‘vision’, then another explanation is that you projected your own sadness and longing upon your father’s image, because you so do miss him.
But I could be totally wrong here!

Ultimately the answer you seek, comes from Your connection with your Father. Others can only guess or give ideas, so looking for answers from others is kind of like seeking them from the wrong direction.
But it often does help to voice ones questions.

Shinsoo 28-01-2018 12:50 AM

I used to when I first awoke—but not so much anymore.

People believe what they want to believe, and I see no reason to approach them with my spiritual thoughts about the afterlife unless the conversation leads up to it.

I actually got into a rather heated disagreement on reincarnation with a coworker. And she’s very passionate so I figured it’s be wise not to step on her toes.

Burntfruit 29-01-2018 08:00 PM

Once you know it lifts a huge burden, and fear turns into love. But yeah, some people are so arrogant and rude, I just want to let them rot.

Rena 30-01-2018 04:52 AM

Sentient, thank you for responding. Yes i was referring to that thread and the forum in general. Thanks for what you said. It makes perfect sense in regards to people not responding.....
Yes you are right, im the one who has the best answer to these things, but you know how it is, sometimes you really wanna get someones input or opinion....lol

Colorado 30-01-2018 06:24 AM

Quote:

I am the same way as most of you all, i keep it to myself for the most part except my boyfriend of 6 years..... But he doesnt like talking about it or hearing about my visions....etc..... I dont talk about it to most people because people think you're crazy with this psychic spiritual stuff. I need to be more like Lynn. Not caring about what others think!!! But yes it gets frustrating sometimes not to be able to talk about it and wondering if they even believe you have ability....because they dont know what the gift is like. People like to think its your imagination, which is not the case.

Rena,

Some of us are writing back....and the forum is giving a busy signal and wiping away the response. That's happened several times with me, just know I wrote you and it disappeared when I tried to send it. I don't have the energy to go in detail again...but I will say this. Sometimes things are symbolic, and sometimes they are projections of our own emotional states. I've noticed a lot of people who are more open get a lot of different, abstract symbols and energy flying back and forth at them. It's easy, to get confused, misinterpret, or project our own feelings on to others.

I've been wrong more than once, trying to interpret messages sent to me, and had to wait to see it unfold to understand it, and see how my own feelings colored or washed over the intent of the original message, by overthinking.

I've never seen someone who has passed over crying, I have seen one worried. That usually happens immediately after death, days for us, when one has left unfinished business. Most of them time, it's unfinished business that can be easily resolved with family. However if that is not your dads nature, then you really have to look at what you are going through at the time, and face your own emotions...because it could be that you are leaning on your fathers guidance or help, when in fact it is you who is crying inside.

Sentience is right, emotional connections make the strongest psychic abilities between people...and places, things, ect....but you have to be careful interpreting what the message is, because it's easily misinterpreted at times.

If I don't know the answer I won't post, or if I've seen somebody answer it the way I would, I won't post...it's better to guide one to their truth, instead of trying to answer it for them. Chances are, deep inside, you already know the truth...but have buried it for one reason or another.

Golden Eagle 04-02-2018 03:12 PM

There IS NO AFTERLIFE ~

There IS only LIFE ~

This Earth Life is very short and is more a dream-nightmare than LIFE!

"Those who experience the first death escape the second death" -The Gospel Of Thomas

That means if you experience EGO DEATH ........ your departure will be at WILL and not experienced as death at all ...... you will just FLY right out of the body as Pure Consciousness ~

Rena 14-02-2018 07:39 AM

Colorado, thank you for responding. Someone answered my thread about my dad crying. Well i definately seen him and he was crying that night. Thats why i had posted the thread. He was crying because he cant be with me in the physical. I now know why. I see spirits and get messages, it doesnt happen constantly. But i can feel them more often than i see them. And i cherish the times i see them! Just the other night, i seen my mom and dad, side by side smiling with a bright light above them. <3

Rah nam 14-02-2018 08:05 AM

Sharing what I know or think I know is a little bit like taking a bath. First I test the water with my big toe, and if it feels fine, then I submerse some more of myself.

Rah nam 14-02-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Eagle
There IS NO AFTERLIFE ~

There IS only LIFE ~

This Earth Life is very short and is more a dream-nightmare than LIFE!

"Those who experience the first death escape the second death" -The Gospel Of Thomas

That means if you experience EGO DEATH ........ your departure will be at WILL and not experienced as death at all ...... you will just FLY right out of the body as Pure Consciousness ~

not entirely correct specially the pure consciousness part, and flying out, na ja, some do most don't

Saenthessis 23-02-2018 04:33 PM

I agree with many others on this forum that people aren't ready to talk about spiritual matters. So no I don't share it often.

Spiritual Mike 04-04-2018 12:58 AM

If you can convince me that there is no afterlife and no meaning to life then I might be more likely to give up on life, i.e. take my life. Especially with all the current problems I have in my life, if there's no meaning to life when why should I bother? I can just tell myself that I'm sick of life...

But on the contrary I have gained spiritual and afterlife knowledge and therefore I have a reason to put up with all the negativity in life for the hope that there are actual reasons to live.

ocean breeze 04-04-2018 03:28 AM

If i ever came back from the dead i'm not sure if it would be wise to share that with others.

CancerSurvivors 20-04-2018 04:57 PM

hello
i dont share it

jimmymc25 21-04-2018 06:44 AM

No.....but I need more knowledge.

Even then I wouldn't say anything unless....I was asked.

Burntfruit 07-05-2018 10:35 PM

I think the general consensus of the light, is that they want us to spread the message.

I have heard stories of people who talk about it, but the receiver just does not accept it. But yeah, I think in general the folks on the other side want us to spread the message.

Janetsplanet 17-08-2018 08:49 PM

I do share it with most people and many of my friends have come along for the ride! Its been an amazing journey for all of us! xo

Nldaniels86 19-08-2018 08:28 AM

I find this too. I am fortunate to have my Mum to talk to as a fellow Wiccan, but I also have family members who are full Christian who do not like it and look at it as devil worship. My partner never used to believe and would not want to listen, but I have stuck to my beliefs and well, here I am. I am proud of who I am but I have a very chosen few who I can talk to about it. That is the walk of a Wiccan, not everyone wants to know, so I have learnt to just communicate with the few that do. I haven't stopped talking to those who don't, I just don't talk about it :D

X

MissCreativeSpirit 13-09-2018 03:41 AM

Unless I am in a New Age/Thought group where I know others around me would be open to it...I rarely go there.

MissCreativeSpirit 17-09-2018 03:27 AM

I am still learning about the after life or as Abraham would call it non-physical. I have a feeling my ability to remote view and/astral project orbilocate it is calledis normal continual thing in the non physical. But also spirits help.me a little. I am being tutored hear and there by a scientist which is fantastic!

Winter Song 28-09-2018 09:30 PM

I share my experience with others when I know they would be receptive to it, and that it would be of genuine help to them. To tell people who are not open to it, or who don't really care but are merely curious, would be like casting pearls before swine.

Now, there is nothing wrong with swine; I have met some very fine pigs in my life! However, they have no use for pearls, and cannot see any value in them. There is nothing wrong with this; they are simply pigs being pigs, seeing the world from their piggy point of view. As they trample pearls into the muck, it is not from bad intentions, but rather a lack of awareness, and a different set of priorities.

Nobody has to be converted, or convinced of the reality of my experience. Nor must I make myself a target for ridicule and abuse, in the name of "saving" others. After all, there is nothing to be saved from. Yet when I feel that little nudge, the one that means, "This person is ready to hear it," I have no trouble sharing it.

Hemera 04-10-2018 06:56 PM

I only talk about it with likeminded peeps. I meet people where they are at. No one is going to believe you, unless they are ready to.