Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Can we learn our soul lessons from life incidents? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7675)

sunny shine 10-12-2010 03:15 PM

Can we learn our soul lessons from life incidents?

I have heard this several times that we come here to learn what we have not learned in other lives; so a person reincarnates again and again to learn lessons, and they keep repeating life after life if i do not learn, for example to learn about compassion i face many situations and circumstances, but if i dont learn, when i die and reincarnate again i will be put in circumstances where i need to learn them..

well my question is how do i find what is that i need to learn, i do face many situations at work, at home everyday i face many challenges big, small, they all are very different, how do i know what lesson i learnt or not?

Maetori 10-12-2010 03:21 PM

I suppose you just have to try to learn from EVERY situation you're in...I don't think it matters which lessons 'you need to learn in this lifetime'.
You have to learn ALL lessons in the end anyway, right?

mac 10-12-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny shine
I have heard this several times that we come here to learn what we have not learned in other lives; so a person reincarnates again and again to learn lessons, and they keep repeating life after life if i do not learn, for example to learn about compassion i face many situations and circumstances, but if i dont learn, when i die and reincarnate again i will be put in circumstances where i need to learn them..

well my question is how do i find what is that i need to learn, i do face many situations at work, at home everyday i face many challenges big, small, they all are very different, how do i know what lesson i learnt or not?

It's not as simple as you've been told....

We learn from all the experiences we have - sometimes we may learn only a little from an incarnation, another time we'll learn more. In time we'll make progress - it's not necessarily down to one issue why we might feel the need to return. Life and its experiences help our spiritual progress in an overall way - it's not about individual aspects, individual 'mistakes', any need to attone for a particular situation....

Spiritual evolvement, spiritual progress is about the totality of all those experiences. Here in the body we do not need to concern ourselves about why we are here this particular time. There will be time enough to consider all that after our next passing...

deepsea 10-12-2010 09:18 PM

I am reading a very good book at the moment about reincarnation.
The reasons why we reincarnate is to learn as much as we can through each life.
Different situations,altogether different lives to experience as much as we can.
Also I am very great believer in Kharma.
What we experience and how we treat the people in each life,determine our next life.
For instance,if we lead a life of cruelity towards another person,we will experience the same towards ourselves,in our next life.
And so and so on...............
Deepsea

glenos 11-12-2010 07:57 AM

I think that it is so incredibly complicated with each and every individual that unless you are very lucky you may not even get a glimmer of what "it" was all about for you. And as Mac says, it's unlikely that any one two or three incedents are the reasons that you are here. It's the sum total of your life.

mac 11-12-2010 08:12 AM

I've never been persuaded by the so-called law of karma as often it's perceived.... It's almost the Biblical eye-for-an-eye situation if we accept the principle of paying in a subsequent life for transgressions in an earlier one.

To experience a situation where we experience a 'payback' life of cruelty directed towards ourselves would imply one of two possible situations.

The first is we would have chosen that life, perhaps because we believe that is how karma works. We might also have to turn our backs on the support and help available in interpreting the outcomes of our life experiences. These are situations which I can accept - strongly held beliefs can influence the situations we create for ourselves after we pass....

The second would be that our next life would be chosen for us, against our will, so that we experience the situations we put others in before. Effectively it's punishment and this makes no sense for me.

In everything I have learned about life and life hereafter such a principle of payback, of punishment, has always been rejected by the spiritually-evolved teachers who have influenced my understanding.

glenos 11-12-2010 08:29 AM

I think that the higher up the ladder you are (whether you know it or not) the more pronounced the lessons are. You're here and you mean business (whatever that may entail for you) Many many people it seems are doing the basics and others are not. There is a hiarachy for sure. Karma is to me the lower end of cause and effect.

G

Sungirl 11-12-2010 11:20 AM

personally I feel there are many lessons that we can learn in each life... but for me at least there have been some that are plainly obvious as recurring issues.

I have issues with sexuality. I started off with situations that helped bring about clear responses and clear lessons that needed to be learnt for me to progress. I have then gone on to work on learning those lessons. I can see progress but I am far from there yet.

I also worry a lot about what other people think about me and whether I am liked. It is clearly an ongoing thing because so many times I will say "but if I do that so and so will think this about me"... I can now see I am limiting my actions due to this... so another life lesson is about learning that I am equal and it doesn't matter what other people think sometimes.

These are just examples... I have recently become aware of a poverty belief that I need to shift too. There are probably many more but so long as I am willing to work I will get there.

See if there are recurring patterns in your life. Failed relationships, limiting beliefs that lead you to a lack in your life. Fears that regulalry stop you being yourself fully. Also, learning to come from the heart and act from unconditional love is a major one for a lot of people.

Yes.. we can meander along the river of life going with the flow and hoping we are learning what we need to learn. Or we can get a canoe and paddle and start working towards our goal... all it takes (imho) is a good dose of self awareness and the motivation to make necessary changes.

Skye 11-12-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny shine

Perhaps no one person will ever know what their purpose of being here is for, if indeed there is a purpose. I have read books where spiritual evolved teachers suggest if we don't learn something in this lifetime, there is no need to come back to experience the same circumstances.

There is also no guarantee of re incarnation. When we die, we have had evidence from those people in the spirit world that our spirit can continue to progress and learn in the spirit world, so we have all of eternity to learn and evolve spiritually if we so choose. As for our soul learning, another facet or new personality will one day be born into the physical world to experience whatever our soul needs to experience at that time.

It's my understanding that life experiences are simply cause and effect in motion. Therefore karma is an ongoing process rather than a punishment.
With this in mind we can come to realise that it's how we personally interact with others that will have an effect on our lives in one way or another on this side of life as well as in the life hereafter. In doing this we become responsible for everything we say and do, accepting at the same time the overall consequences our actions whatever they may be have on us in the process.

sunny shine 12-12-2010 06:30 AM

Hey i am moved by all of your responses. thank you so much for taking time to respond,

I feel i am stuck in my life, "STUCK" this is the pattern for me be it work or home, i feel my progress is pulled down by people, and i fear confrontation, i feel awkward to stand up for myself and it takes lot of stress before i could do any of the above.

I am trying some regression CDs and am desperate for help, i feel these situations would never go away, so i am hoping to understand and learn the lesson so i will break free from these patterns.

I want to get out of situations that do not allow me to flow freely, hindrances, beliefs, people, circumstances, fear, limitations.