Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   hello, please tell me a little bit about your ancestors! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96711)

ascendedJourney 26-01-2016 12:48 AM

hello, please tell me a little bit about your ancestors!

I come from Guam, isla of the taotaomona.

The taotaomona are the ancestor spirits who help when you do good, and who delay you when you do bad.

Tell me about your ancestor spirits!

Wyaunagh 11-03-2016 01:03 AM

Many of my ancestors were from pre-Saxon Britton. Some are from a place called Summerset, where the isle of Avalon is rumored to be found. they Were so small and fine boned that their Celtic neighbors used to say that they had Faerie blood in their veins.

Macsen1961 16-04-2016 02:44 AM

I am part native American, Cherokee and Apache, the rest is Welsh, Irish, Norman (not french, this was pre France during the time of William the Conqueror) and from that back to the Franks.

According to the oral tradition from my Cherokee great grandfather, an ancestor of mine was sent west on the Trail of tears, but when his family died on the trip, he continued west and ended up marrying a Chirachua woman.

He returned to Western North Carolina in time to fight in the civil war.

Now, according to my great grandfather, both the Cherokee and Apache blood comes from the wolf, i.e the Great wolf, first of his kind after creation.

While the stories are different, it boils down to the great wolf hunting near an Indian camp, falling in love with a indian maid, getting changed to human form for one year, then being turned back, after telling the mother of his child who and what he was.

The Cherokee story sort of ends there.

According to the Apache account, the wolf was granted the gift of being human for 1 day a year.

Now, since the language families of the two tribes are very distinct and different, it basically means that even though there were a few hundred generations between the two initial births, my great great great grandparents committed the sin of incest.

Regardless, tradition has it that those of the wolf clan have the blood of Canis lupus in our veins.

As far as the European lines, it is really fun there, for one of the paternal lines, specifically the one out of Normandy is both a direct descent from William, as well as being the nephew of William.

The family that came out of Wales by way of Scotland and Ireland have the unique eccentric trait of having two parallel lines interbred every 2nd or 3rd generation, which continued in North Carolina up until 1790, and as far back as there are records.

So basically, I have a magical wolf, mixed in with a hell of a lot of folks known for having very bad tempers and a flare for invasions.

Add to that my mothers folks are dutch from north of the Mason Dixon, my father's family is from the mountains of Western North Carolina, if there are any ancestral spirits trying to give me advice, they are probably too busy arguing among themselves if not out right fighting.

FYI, in the army I was known as the guy who never waited for the Sargent to ask "You apes want to live forever?"

I was the guy that got told repeatedly (with various colorful words thrown in) to "Get your <insert expletive> *** down!"

coelacanth 17-04-2016 03:45 PM

My mother is Ashkenazi Jewish. My father's mother's roots are in Southern Italy, but his father's roots are hard to ascertain.

There's a lot of eccentric people in the family, particularly on my dad's side. Some were mentally ill (bipolar, schizophrenia, etc.). If some of them lived today they might be labelled Asperger's syndrome or just be said to have a very imaginative personality.

Howla Dark 19-04-2016 01:20 PM

On my mothers side are the Volsungs, who descend from the god Odin.

Kathrin 22-04-2016 12:04 PM

Celt, Viking, Sovereigns, Peasants, Scots, Germans, Ashkenazi, Italian, Brits, Medici, Reptilian, Maya and many more, I guess.

Ginsune 22-05-2016 04:11 AM

*facepalm*

Ah western ancestral spirits bragging rights or your pedigree.

Hm... if I wasn't suffering a migraine & need to be up early to greet someone off a plane I'd explain it properly. I have, after all, known what ancestral spirits were since I was but a child.

However, I suggest just to read this. http://www.guampedia.com/chamorro-ancestor-worship/

It is a basic summary but gives a general understanding. It varies between societies, however, the general concept of ancestral spirits is the same.

To the OP feel free, if you still linger on the forums, to PM me.

Ginsune 22-05-2016 04:32 PM

Ah wrong area, to be deleted.

Clio_86 11-06-2016 08:26 AM

Scottish on my mother's side and my dad is Native. He is Cree and is from Manitoba. He speaks fluent Cree, and I spoke it a bit as a child, and he also went to a residential school. If familiar with Canadian history my ancestors were involved with the Louis Riel rebellion and there are a lot of Metis fur traders in our family tree. My great grandparents also made moccasins for Chief Sitting Bull while he was in Canada and in return he gave them a bear claw necklace which is now in the provincial Manitoba museum.

GlowWorm 11-06-2016 10:29 AM

The OP, as Ginsune mentioned, is likely going on about ancestral worship. It would definitely fit in with their culture.

Unless you worship your ancestors, as in having a shrine inside your house.

Unless you actually pray to them asking for guidance, asking for protection, asking for benefits such as good crops, etc. Unless they protect your house & lands from evil spirits be they human or spiritual and that actually has been proven as there's some remote countries where ancestral worship is still high foreigners who don't ask permission to travel the land get sick where locals will remain as healthy as horses.

Unless all that and more your ancestors need not apply.

Because your heritage to ancestral worship is irrelevant.