Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Angels & Ancestors Oracle cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125112)

FairyCrystal 11-09-2018 07:11 PM

Angels & Ancestors Oracle cards

I've been looking forward to this deck being released for months, and very curious to get a sneak peek review of all the cards before I decided to pre-order or not. Couldn't find it anywhere, Kyle Gray himself also just had a few cards up on his FB.
But then he announced it big time on Sept 3rd as pre-orderable and then he did have a photo of each card on his FB.
I was SO deeply moved that I had tears rolling over my cheeks. Of course I pre-ordered right after that and today got news that it's been shipped!
OFficially it wouldn't be released until Sept 18th but now it looks like I will have it by that date.
It's gotta come from the UK and that shop always takes about 4-8 business days to get to me.
Can't wait to have them, look at them, feel them. And prey the coating is good. The coating of the Keepers of the Light Oracle deck isn't brill. Two cards had a chip in the coating upon arrival, some 4 cards have creases in it.
I'm guestimating it's heat-shrink and it didn't work out too well on some cards.

In any case, looking forward to it! Anyone else who's ordered it or going to?

FairyCrystal 19-09-2018 09:33 AM

Quite surprised no one has reacted to this! Thousands of ppl have been waiting for this deck to be released on Sept 18th, so I figured a number of ppl here had to be interested in it too.
I've heard its delivery/release got hiccups, thank goodness I ordered from Bookdepository who already got it shipped to them on the 10th and I got mine in on the 14th I think. So even before the official release date.
From what I've read on Kyle's social media, people who've ordered via Amazon haven't got it in yet as Amazon didn't deliver before the 18th.
So much for this big shop, haha.
I've already done a review on my YT channel on it, and a couple of readings, both for my channel as for myself of course.
It is stunningly accurate! And very easy to go real deep with it. That could be me, I'm really drawn to going back into my pagan roots of late so this deck resonates incredibly well.

Still, seriously no one here who's ordered it or going to?

moonincancer 27-09-2018 03:02 PM

Thanks for sharing. Just saw the video by Kyle Gray. Will try and order this.

FairyCrystal 27-09-2018 08:24 PM

I've had them for a few weeks now, use them regularly. They're really good! I like to draw day cards from them, but even when doing a reading they give very deep insights. I love them! They got their own place on my desk, next to my Wildwood tarot, so I can grab it whenever I feel like it, hihi.
If you're into paganism and deeper things you won't regret buying this deck!
BTW, I love Kyle Gray! Love listening to his SCottish accent and his energy. Kind of unusual, all these tattoos, a real pagan, yet totally into angels.

moonincancer 28-09-2018 01:39 PM

Yes I liked listening to him as well. I have placed my order. A recommendation from you means a lot. I really liked the Green Witch and wisdom of the oracle decks which you had written about somewhere here. Just love those. Is Kyle's deck advanced or complicated to use?

FairyCrystal 29-09-2018 10:01 AM

I don't find it complicated to use at all. The cards are so vibrant, the characters on them seem to really live, it's amazing! Never seen anything like that before.
I read yesterday from Lily Moses -the artist- that Kyle had asked her for this deck to create the characters as if they were actually moving.
At first she got anxious, as that meant she'd have to use live models, meaning she had to go out there, and is quite the hermit (her words). But she did that anyways, took lots of photos, the right models appeared as if by magick each time she had to do a new card, and she pulled it off.
Heck, did she pull it off!
So they really speak to you as you look at them, it's seriously as if they are living, real people, which makes it very easy to access the cards.
I find them really quite deep.
I read through the entire message when I pull a card, so I at least once absorb all the info and wisdom that Kyle put into them. Then I bounce off that and/or let my own inner knowing speak through the cards.
And reading the messages at least once is great, cos one of the Warrior Symbol cards is the Arrow. I don't like arrow. LOL. But... reading the info from Kyle, wow! Same for Broken Arrow.
So yes, if you loved the Green Witch I'm quite sure you'll love this deck to bits as well!

Also, if at some point you feel your pagan roots calling you to go deeper with Tarot, you might want to look into the Wildwood Tarot.
At first I didn't like it, as I don't usually feel called to decks with a lot of animals.
I needed the deep dive into my pagan roots though, that's why Green Witch appealed to me so much. But after having used it for a year, the calling to go deeper into my Pagan roots, deeper into the subconscious if need be, grew stronger, and with that my appreciation of the Wildwood deck.
So I gave in to that and bought it. And heck, do I love it!
Kind of funny how you can see your own growth when looking at the decks you buy, haha.
For me this calling started with the Earth Wisdom deck with many Celtic symbols, and the Green Witch. Now the Angels & Ancestors and Wildwood Tarot.

I do still use the Green Witch a lot, almost always for personal readings. First choice. But for myself the Wildwood Tarot is my go-to deck now. It's so amazingly deep, and entirely different from RWS interpretations. Because the images are so different, it triggers different things within me, which is beautiful. I often go by my own interpretations, not the ones from the book.
People on YouTube commented on that a number of times, that they loved that I do that, hihi. (Sometimes I do use it for that and/or personal readings).

Anywho, hope your Angels & Ancestor deck will come in soon!
When I first got it in, I pulled cards for my Soul's energy a couple of times over a few days. Each and every time I got the same 2 cards :) And both are spot on, hihi.
I did find it difficult to shuffle when it came in, so I used fan powder on it, then the problem was gone.

moonincancer 30-09-2018 04:52 PM

Thanks again can't wait for my deck to arrive:)
I love animals in real life and on decks. I have the Wildwood on my phone but its not the same as seeing them on real cards.
Looking at your readings on YouTube is a great learning experience. I used to only go by the book for my (personal) readings but now I feel bolder when reading images:)

FairyCrystal 01-10-2018 09:22 AM

I myself have learnt a lot concerning reading since I began my YouTube channel, hihi. Simply because now I do it more often I think. Also because I've started using Tarot decks like Green Witch & Wildwood that are not so much RWS based. Helps you to let go of all that default stuff you've learnt over the years, and allows for your own intuition to kick in. That's one of the reasons I love(d) Green Witch so much!
Take the 3 of Swords/Athames in there. Finally not a heart with 3 swords through it, but that lady in front of the cottage. That allowed me to come up with totally different interpretations without the default stuff that I'd studied for so long to surface.
To be honest, it's great to have that information in the back of your mind, but it blocked my own inner knowing.

Yes, be bolder, trust your own intuition!
Makes me happy to hear that my readings help you and are inspirational!
:hug3: :hug3:

minxoto 06-10-2018 09:18 PM

I don't have this specific deck, but I have some angel-decks though I really don't feel so connected to them.

They are too bright and positive for me. In my opinion they lack reality.

But of course I see that they can give a lot of good healing and inspiration :-)

minx.

FairyCrystal 06-10-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minxoto
I don't have this specific deck, but I have some angel-decks though I really don't feel so connected to them.

They are too bright and positive for me. In my opinion they lack reality.

But of course I see that they can give a lot of good healing and inspiration :-)

minx.

Angel decks don't really resonate with me either. But even though 'Angel' is in the title, this isn't an angel deck. Look it up on Google Images :)