Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Healing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Brain healing, dopamine and serotonin (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116831)

shivatar 11-09-2017 10:59 PM

Brain healing, dopamine and serotonin

I'm looking for information, practices, vitamins, etc. related to healing the brain, in particular the dopamine and serotonin receptors.

winter light 12-09-2017 04:20 AM

This is what I know and some of the things I use. Note that I have found that personal growth work is also necessary to clear the underlying root-cause patterns or they keep returning. EFT is very useful as a pattern-interrupt to help real healing of the underlying issues. Flower essences can also help with energy patterns in ways that food cannot. And a good therapist will help to keep you honest because if you have an addictive personality it is likely you will need someone to talk with directly so that you avoid sending yourself in circles self-medicating in reaction to emotional ups and downs.

That being said I use tyrosine and tryptophan as dopamine and serotonin building blocks. They are amino acids that come from protein so are technically classified as food and so are not strongly regulated. But they are more potent in this form. You should follow the directions on the bottle or get a practitioner to help you to take them in a therapeutic way. I find the tyrosine helpful for mental focus and the tryptophan helpful for feelings of well being.

B and C are consumed in greater quantities by the body during times of stress. If using supplements then I like to use good ones that are B complex and C with bioflavonoids. And whenever taking any supplements it is a good idea to research the side-effects and be aware of your reaction so that you know your own limits and can back-off appropriately.

One more thing is sleep. This is extremely important more than most people realize. And if there was one thing I wish I knew years ago this is it. You need a good 7.5 hours at least. The trick I use is to start turning off lights one by one as the night does on. That triggers a desire for sleep automatically. The times between 11pm-1am and 7am-9am are critical. Make sure some time in those ranges is covered. On bad days I'll also go off to the car and catch a 20min catnap. Then can resume work refreshed and get a lot more done and I'd rather do that and work late after than try to push straight through.

That's plenty to get you started. Get some help and remember more is not better. Go in moderation and keep in mind that true healing is a long-term process with awareness and you should be looking for steady progress over time and not quick fixes.

Gem 12-09-2017 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivatar
I'm looking for information, practices, vitamins, etc. related to healing the brain, in particular the dopamine and serotonin receptors.

Lift weights and boost serotonin and dopamine. Google it.

Silver 12-09-2017 06:51 AM

Look at the sky, maybe even take some photos of it.

Snow Goose 12-09-2017 07:07 AM

High dosing niacin works

Badcopyinc 12-09-2017 11:33 AM

I can recommend a lot of supplements for brain but most would harm if there is existent damage.

Eat a lot of nuts walnuts specifically, high hanging fruit and nuts. Pickup immune boosters like mushroom supplement drops, chia seed, black seed oil and fish oil maybe B vitamins. (All available at GNC and Vitamin Shoppe)

Also look into a doing a thorough detox and eat raw as mush as possible until you feel treatment is complete

"Let food be thy medicine, let medicine be thy food."
Hypocrates

Lucky 1 12-09-2017 01:27 PM

This has been helpful to me during stressful times with my business when I'm not sleeping well (many nights of not sleeping well tends to scramble brain chemistry)

http://www.painstresscenter.com/Supe...ductinfo/SBNC/

cosmicsacredheart 19-10-2017 08:24 AM

this is amazing, as I have been and still am currently reading a book on healing the mind, re-wiring the brain. It is a book that touches upon meditation and how there are different states of meditation, each has it unique-ness. Alpha brings about the Presence state, Beta focuses more on bodily sensations, where one focuses during meditation on solely your breath. Beta is the one that touches upon dopamine, alpha state touches upon Acetylcholine

Badcopyinc Yes, i concurr on the oil intake for the body. Oils are necessary for us to take, to nourish the brain and elsewhere for the body.

gemma 02-11-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmicsacredheart
this is amazing, as I have been and still am currently reading a book on healing the mind, re-wiring the brain. It is a book that touches upon meditation and how there are different states of meditation, each has it unique-ness. Alpha brings about the Presence state, Beta focuses more on bodily sensations, where one focuses during meditation on solely your breath. Beta is the one that touches upon dopamine, alpha state touches upon Acetylcholine

Badcopyinc Yes, i concurr on the oil intake for the body. Oils are necessary for us to take, to nourish the brain and elsewhere for the body.

cosmicsacredheart can you please share the name of this book? TY

winter light 06-11-2017 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmicsacredheart

Thanks this is interesting about connection between the brain frequency states and the neurotransmitters.

I have also been taking sunflower lecithin lately. It contains choline which is an important building block of Acetylcholine. The effect is subtle. When I take the lecithin it seems my thought process is less stressed and flows more easily. Lighter yet with improved ability to focus. Sounds like alpha too.