Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Those of you who are happy.... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118281)

Honza 08-11-2017 11:14 PM

Those of you who are happy....

To those of you who are happy I would like to ask how important is Christ in your life? I'm finding myself in the situation whereby I cannot achieve a sense of normality and happiness without Christ.

I have prayed to the Hindu Gods like Sai Baba and the others but nothing came of it. No positive response. If anything my misery became worse.

I have prayed to Yahveh (Jehovah) and once more I find that my voice falls upon deaf ears.

I have tried the Pagan Mother Goddess and again I am not heard.

So I resort to Christ. Funnily enough I feel I am being heard and healed. I find my sense of self coming back. I really do understand why some people say Christ is the only way to God.

Those of you who have a sense of holiness and happiness; I would like to ask you do you have a good relationship with Christ?

Silver 08-11-2017 11:29 PM

So, only the happy people can respond? I'm as happy as can be expected so I don't know if my answer will count. I grew up going to church and Sunday School every week, so believing in Jesus comes naturally to me. I never bought what the Bible says in its entirety, as much as I could make sense of, you know...

But in the last 2 years, I've come to find a whole lot of meaning by reading and studying some Buddhism. Since both are dead and long gone - bodily that is, I don't think in terms of a relationship with either one, but I do find myself asking both of them questions. Never had luck with prayer, per se. It's comforting to have someone - even if they're invisible to talk to.

To me, when I talk to them, I get the sense that they're like brothers almost.

I guess I could say I don't have a sense of holiness - holiness is simpler than some sort of mysterious atmosphere. I don't even know how to explain it.

Honza 09-11-2017 12:37 AM

Well obviously unhappy people can reply as can anyone else. No need to be funny. I was trying to ascertain whether Christ is somehow the secret of happiness. But I guess not. In my experience it is only the spirit of Christ who actually listens to me. All the other Gods tend to ignore me.

But I'm curious how other people see it.

Busby 09-11-2017 06:01 AM

This is a very difficult thing to say but I am the happiest person on this planet. I have always found life utterly fascinating and have spent decades searching for the reason everything is as it is.

I don't need religion in any form. There is no religious system that can in any way be valid - everything is a result of everything else.

I don't need a Christ to be happy - if I had to choose someone to be some sort of superman I could choose Robinson Crusoe or Robin Hood or anyone from a whole list in fact.

Letting 'heroes' into our lives is a dangerous practice. The world starts again each morning as our awareness rises. That's enough for me and explains all.

sky 09-11-2017 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busby
This is a very difficult thing to say but I am the happiest person on this planet. I have always found life utterly fascinating and have spent decades searching for the reason everything is as it is.

I don't need religion in any form. There is no religious system that can in any way be valid - everything is a result of everything else.

I don't need a Christ to be happy - if I had to choose someone to be some sort of superman I could choose Robinson Crusoe or Robin Hood or anyone from a whole list in fact.

Letting 'heroes' into our lives is a dangerous practice. The world starts again each morning as our awareness rises. That's enough for me and explains all.

Wise post Busby...
My happiness relies on nobody, I create my own and am solely responsible for it...

Honza 09-11-2017 12:36 PM

So in a sense happiness depends upon ones own I Am?

Dargor 09-11-2017 12:48 PM

I've been a Christian for years, and trying to maintain a good relationship with Christ and God etc, but never did it bring me any happiness. As of now, religion makes no sense to me at all.

EbonyDoe 09-11-2017 01:52 PM

I'm plenty happy (given the year I've had) and christ plays no part in it or my life in the least

sky 09-11-2017 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
So in a sense happiness depends upon ones own I Am?

The Buddha said your happiness depends on what you think, so if you think Jesus makes you happy then that has to be beneficial to you, others find happiness in other ways and that has to be good for them. Just find your own happiness :smile:

Honza 09-11-2017 05:04 PM

The trouble is I'm having difficulty finding it.