Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Why are you involved in spiritually? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121693)

hallow 01-04-2018 02:06 PM

Why are you involved in spiritually?

There's many reasons why people gravitate towards spiritually, as a way to cope, self elentment, or just a way to feel good about the choices they have made ect... What's your reason? What are your spiritual goals and why? I know them are some tough questions to be completely honest to because of fear of being"judged" but really think about it and post what you feel.lets open a deep non judgemental topic.

Moonglow 01-04-2018 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallow
There's many reasons why people gravitate towards spiritually, as a way to cope, self elentment, or just a way to feel good about the choices they have made ect... What's your reason? What are your spiritual goals and why? I know them are some tough questions to be completely honest to because of fear of being"judged" but really think about it and post what you feel.

Hi hallow,

There is so much placed under "spiritual" that it has lead me to not try, but pay attention to what is being done, what is being shown, what is being pointed to.

I guess it comes down to does it make sense, does it resonate in some way.

I also find science fascinating and understanding human history and the structure of the Earth and Universe.

I see and feel the interactions, which leads to curiosity and at times it is just one thing leading to another.

I don't really have a specific goal. Just doing the best to get through life at the present moments.

Understanding and being open that each has his/her own take on it. Understanding the different outlooks. Being aware of my own participation.
May not always agree, may not always understand, may not always be interested. But, that is what makes it interesting, the diversities.

Some may say it is as one creates to be. Another may say it is what it is. While another may not label it at all. Which is more "spiritual"? May depend how one views it or comes to realize it, IMO. This I find interesting.

Mostly, taking what is for me be for me, what is for another be for another.
Not to be soo serious about it all the time, find the space to laugh and do what I am willing and able to do.

I don't know it all and really that is not the goal. Just know what I know at present and realize even this may expand and/or change. It is not a solo act.

It is all that life brings and come to realize, understand, and live, for me.
Right now kicking back and enjoying the day.

Good inquire.

Lorelyen 01-04-2018 06:32 PM

Simply, I'm spirit. We all are. We have these bodies to carry us around.

My aim? To become what I should have been all along by the end of my days here.

inavalan 01-04-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

There's many reasons why people gravitate towards spiritually, as a way to cope, self elentment, or just a way to feel good about the choices they have made ect... What's your reason? What are your spiritual goals and why? I know them are some tough questions to be completely honest to because of fear of being"judged" but really think about it and post what you feel.lets open a deep non judgemental topic.

If you mean by "spirituality" trying to find out why I'm here, and now, then that's my answer.

"Spirituality" is a word that was hijacked, and lost its original meaning.

ocean breeze 01-04-2018 11:01 PM

I'm not really as involved with spirituality but it still has its uses. It was more like i stumbled upon the path. A book that was a whole lot more then what i thought it would be.

Not much in the way of spiritual practices other than maintaining a certain level of awareness. My only goal would be to become a more mature adult, while enjoying the fruits that life offers. What goes on internally is far more important to me than what i present. That's what needs to be embrace.

muffin 02-04-2018 12:18 AM

Quote:

Good afternoon hallow :smile:

As for me, I was drawn to it, like a moth to a light and got a wee bit to close :biggrin:

hallow 02-04-2018 02:44 AM

It doesn't matter what type of "spirituality" you are. I know it has many variables. Like someone saying I have a willow tree in my yard. There's hundreds of types of willows. Each person is a single leaf on each one of the willows. I do understand that. There's no right or wrong answer. It's fun just to hear how others got into this.

hallow 02-04-2018 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Simply, I'm spirit. We all are. We have these bodies to carry us around.

My aim? To become what I should have been all along by the end of my days here.

How do you know what you should become? Or is it what you want to become?

hallow 02-04-2018 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

As for me, I was drawn to it, like a moth to a light and got a wee bit to close :biggrin:

I became interested more by curiosity. I Hurd someone talk about it, selfishly wanted to prove the wrong. I guess things got turned around and I was proven wrong and here I am. I am skeptical by nature.:rolleyes: thats why I ask a lot of questions. I feel if you never ask you'll never know. At this point it's an evloution process.

muffin 02-04-2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

I became interested more by curiosity. I Hurd someone talk about it, selfishly wanted to prove the wrong. I guess things got turned around and I was proven wrong and here I am. I am skeptical by nature.:rolleyes: thats why I ask a lot of questions. I feel if you never ask you'll never know. At this point it's an evloution process.

You may see it as selfish, I don't see it that way at all. Begin a skeptic is good way to be, if something doesn't ring true, doesn't resonate for you or even feel right, it doesn't belong.

There was a quote I was looking for, lost it on the internet somewhere, basically it said, be true to yourself and question everything else.

Once a dear friend said to me, the only dumb question is the one you never asked.

We each learn and grow, thats never-ending.

And yes we each come at it in different ways.

As for how I came into, not long after been drawn in, I meet someone I called aunty she ask me once does this resonant with you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BkT6-CDIjw I said yes, within three days my better half came into my life and opened me up like can of worms, that was around nine years now