Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Selfish vs Unselfish (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136034)

Ewwerrin 29-06-2020 01:26 PM

Selfish vs Unselfish

If people who are evil, are evil because they are selfish. How come they don't enjoy it when they kill another human being?

If people who make war are selfish, how come they sign a contract that says "You agree to be unconditionally unselfish at all times." before they enter any form of military orginization be it national or religious.

If the world cannot be at peace, because people are not unselfish enough, how come every human being is being taught from birth to unselfishly deny their own desire for world wide peace and prosperity.

If all evil organizations are selfish, how come the mafia always upholds unselfish behaviour in as assertive ways as possible, with every possible assertive tool/technique.

If every peaceful civilization that has ever existed on this planet, as far our known history goes, is murdered violently and without remorse or mercy, by unselfish armies of psychopaths who do the bidding of unselfish politicians who do the unselfish bidding of the unselfish people who claim the unselfish knowledge of the unselfish benefit and good for all, or unselfish angry wifes who insist that the husband is not unselfish enough and needs to be more unselfish and go out and murder and loot some stuff for her unselfish self, so that she can continue to be unselfishly raising her children in an appropriately unselfish and unhappy manner.

Has unselfishness been good, just because you believed that it was, once upon a time. Or is the truth consistent and without doubt, and does not care wether you believe in it or not, so that you can always feel the difference, emotionally, between what is truth and what is false. What is right and what is wrong.

And doesn't it require you to be selfish enough to allow yourself to know the truth? So that when you say namaste, it actually means something. Because there is actually someone who exists, who is saying that. Not just a sound you make to look or sound nice, in the hopes that someone is unselfish enough to actually like you, even tho you unselfishly have not alllowed yourself to even like yourself. Then how can you know the truth, if you do not even allow yourself to know it. You cannot, because unselfish people have denied their own true nature. So they will not ever know it, untill they stop being so unselfish. And start allowing themselves to be who they truely are.

Lorelyen 29-06-2020 01:45 PM

A lot of ifs there.
We're all selfish unless we deny wanting to self-preserve, to survive. Which is why I always counter those people who think denying ego is possible. Death is still a taboo subject among many. To those of a certain range of beliefs it isn't. Even when someone is being unselfish, a degree of selfishness underlies that.

How can one act without Self being involved?

Ewwerrin 29-06-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
A lot of ifs there.
How can one act without Self being involved?

Well, you cannot, but that is also why it is so painful when we do or try to do. OR believe we can do or should do or think that we actually are doing so.

In the same way, there is no death, it doesn't exist. Like, it's not a taboo subject, because those who talk about it are non-physical, and non-physical consciousness are not afraid of anything to even care about what people think of what they talk about.

So if you think death is a taboo subject, you're not really gonna hear the joyful conversations that people are having in non-physical about it. Just the lakcful/fearful human thought forms about it.

Now you can blame human beings for being so abbundant in their thought forms, that they sort of drown you in them, but in reality, it's all an illusion. As much as you suffer, that much is your soul laughing about your own suffering, and fascinated by it. But it cannot ever become as one with the suffering. And so that insistence/trying/resistance/contradictory energy is what is painful. It is like trying something, but never achieving something. It's a self contradiction. That feels painful and is emotionally, energy motionally uncomfortable, because it is simply an illusion/delusion/misunderstanding/false believe/negative believe/lack of understanding/confusion/selfcontradiction/resistance.

When the pain is understood to be the result of incompatible energies, you simply make room for it and let it go and let your self be yourself, and there is no pain anymore. Because one cannot allow pain, it is literally energetically impossible to allow pain. Because pain and allowance are different frequencies. And when you try/insist to blend the two you just get nothing, discordance or dissonance, a fluke. A non-being or non-importance or non-relevance. That is not to be feared, because it's like a grain of sand in an entire huge desert, when one understands the perfection of the vibrational nature of this entire universe. And the consistency and stability and accuracy and richness and brilliance and well-being of it.

I can think of my scissors. Cut my skin and blood comes out. Cut the hair on my skin, and it actually serves me. How many people use it to cut their own skin in comparison to people who use it to cut their own hair on their skin. The difference is hyuuuuge. That is why it feels so discordant and dissonant to think that that thing exists to cut my own skin. I may not know why it feels bad to think that. I may even believe that it feels bad to think about that, because "I am ment to suffer." Because one discordant thought leads to another. So before I know, I end up in the sewers after I flush myself down the toilet. Because that's the kind of intelligence you're left with, when you're being unselfish and try to swallow ideas that are incompatible with your own true nature. You just get immense stupidity as a result.

The heart is the primary intelligence of the human being individual. It is a direct inseperable extension of the very source of being of that individual.

But to use that heart, one has to be selfish enough to even allow themselves to even begin doing so. To allow the heart to guide the mind to the true heartfelt truth and knowledge that is contained therein and thus always available to be realised by virtue of it. IF one truely is willing enough to be selfish enough to utilize their own heartfelt emotional intelligence. To uncover/discover/realise their own true nature and the eternally and infinitely ever expanding perfection of it.

No one can do that for another, only the self can allow the self to do so for the self, with the self, through the self, as the self. Selfishness is thus a very divine essence of our being. Because without YOU, existence would not be ALL THAT EXISTS.

inavalan 29-06-2020 08:31 PM

As I remember you're an A-H true believer, so it seems surprising that you bring in discussion all that negativity. Thinking, and feeling so strongly, you actually give them power and substance. Have you heard of Zeland's pendulums? ("Transurfing")

Lorelyen 29-06-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewwerrin

In the same way, there is no death, it doesn't exist.

Look, it's just a technical term for a change. A useful index when someone's animate biological existence ends and ideally the resultant corpse is put back in the ground from where it came.

Quote:

Like, it's not a taboo subject, because those who talk about it are non-physical, and non-physical consciousness are not afraid of anything to even care about what people think of what they talk about.
No? You try starting a discussion up on euthanasia and see what responses you get. Try starting up a conversation on dying as a general topic and see how many turn away....

Quote:

So if you think death is a taboo subject,
Nothing to do with what I think. You can observe people's reactions yourself.
Quote:

you're not really gonna hear the joyful conversations that people are having in non-physical about it. Just the lakcful/fearful human thought forms about it.
If you have demonstrable evidence of what happens after physical death then you'd be a very wealthy person indeed and the medical profession would love to hear from you.

Miss Hepburn 29-06-2020 11:44 PM

Selfish and unselfish...great subject ---it's kinda simple for me ---
Ya gotta put your face mask on first before you can aid someone else.

Buckle yourself in so you can safely buckle someone else in.

Selfish is only a 'bad word' when it's always selfish, I think.
There is a balance in everything ...cuz ya wouldn't wanna be co-dependent...or always being a doormat.

My 2 cents.

LadyVictoria 29-06-2020 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Well, you cannot, but that is also why it is so painful when we do or try to do. OR believe we can do or should do or think that we actually are doing so.

In the same way, there is no death, it doesn't exist. Like, it's not a taboo subject, because those who talk about it are non-physical, and non-physical consciousness are not afraid of anything to even care about what people think of what they talk about.

So if you think death is a taboo subject, you're not really gonna hear the joyful conversations that people are having in non-physical about it. Just the lakcful/fearful human thought forms about it.

Now you can blame human beings for being so abbundant in their thought forms, that they sort of drown you in them, but in reality, it's all an illusion. As much as you suffer, that much is your soul laughing about your own suffering, and fascinated by it. But it cannot ever become as one with the suffering. And so that insistence/trying/resistance/contradictory energy is what is painful. It is like trying something, but never achieving something. It's a self contradiction. That feels painful and is emotionally, energy motionally uncomfortable, because it is simply an illusion/delusion/misunderstanding/false believe/negative believe/lack of understanding/confusion/selfcontradiction/resistance.

When the pain is understood to be the result of incompatible energies, you simply make room for it and let it go and let your self be yourself, and there is no pain anymore. Because one cannot allow pain, it is literally energetically impossible to allow pain. Because pain and allowance are different frequencies. And when you try/insist to blend the two you just get nothing, discordance or dissonance, a fluke. A non-being or non-importance or non-relevance. That is not to be feared, because it's like a grain of sand in an entire huge desert, when one understands the perfection of the vibrational nature of this entire universe. And the consistency and stability and accuracy and richness and brilliance and well-being of it.

I can think of my scissors. Cut my skin and blood comes out. Cut the hair on my skin, and it actually serves me. How many people use it to cut their own skin in comparison to people who use it to cut their own hair on their skin. The difference is hyuuuuge. That is why it feels so discordant and dissonant to think that that thing exists to cut my own skin. I may not know why it feels bad to think that. I may even believe that it feels bad to think about that, because "I am ment to suffer." Because one discordant thought leads to another. So before I know, I end up in the sewers after I flush myself down the toilet. Because that's the kind of intelligence you're left with, when you're being unselfish and try to swallow ideas that are incompatible with your own true nature. You just get immense stupidity as a result.

The heart is the primary intelligence of the human being individual. It is a direct inseperable extension of the very source of being of that individual.

But to use that heart, one has to be selfish enough to even allow themselves to even begin doing so. To allow the heart to guide the mind to the true heartfelt truth and knowledge that is contained therein and thus always available to be realised by virtue of it. IF one truely is willing enough to be selfish enough to utilize their own heartfelt emotional intelligence. To uncover/discover/realise their own true nature and the eternally and infinitely ever expanding perfection of it.

No one can do that for another, only the self can allow the self to do so for the self, with the self, through the self, as the self. Selfishness is thus a very divine essence of our being. Because without YOU, existence would not be ALL THAT EXISTS.

I really get the impression that you don't fully understand the value of pain and suffering.

Pain and suffering when fully embraced voluntarily is a form of ecstasy. You say that one cannot "allow for pain". Obviously you don't understand the joy of masochism.

Masochist not only consensually allow for pain they enjoy it. They crave it. They love it. It reminds them they are alive. It brings them closer to God and their sadistic partner. It sends them into subspace - a place of ecstatic bliss.

As a practitioner of sadomasochism I am able to experience a very special and unique connection with my partner from pleasure through pain. There's nothing discordant about it.

ocean breeze 30-06-2020 06:14 AM

I consider myself to be more starfish than anything.

Lorelyen 30-06-2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I consider myself to be more starfish than anything.

Ah....
You have a point.

(Well, 5 of them).
:)

hazada guess 30-06-2020 08:02 AM

In my limited experience, humans are naturally selfish.