Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Soulmates & Twin Flames (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   What are twin flames exactly? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5574)

mystical 03-11-2010 10:59 AM

i wish i had all the answers for this but i dont i am still learning all this myself but i agree with falling star xx

Falling Star 03-11-2010 11:06 AM

It is not something that can be explained so much as experienced isn't it Mystical.

Chrysaetos 03-11-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falling Star
It is not something that can be explained so much as experienced isn't it Mystical.

But how we translate experiences is a whole different thing. One might experience love, oneness and unity with another human being, but that doesn't prove that they are ''one soul'' or that there was a split and so forth. This is where belief and culture comes in to make sense of an experience we don't understand.

Falling Star 03-11-2010 11:16 AM

I don't know Chrysaetos. I know what you mean of course. But i personally believe that there has been a huge shift in conciousness and mass awakenings allowing the knowledge in so to speak.

It doesn't matter what you read......that is anothers definition of truth. What i am saying is that it has to be experienced to be understood. It transcends love in an ordinary sense. The two souls entwine......I actually felt and experienced this. I feel my twin within.....and he feels me. Almost like we merged with each other to become one.
The twinflames are the magic of the soul personified......The highest vibration of love.

7luminaries 03-11-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
''The Vedic texts reference the concept extensively''

Please point me out which of the Vedas speak about twin flames being ''split into two complete souls.'' Where can I find this?
I'd like to see ancient sources that speak about the twin flame concept. New interpretations and additions of 20th century spiritualists won't do, as they are influenced by their own time and cultural beliefs. The Zohar speaks about different parts of the human soul, but not about twin flames, or a split. Besides that, the 'parts' of the human soul as described in the Kabbalah and Zohar relate also to earthly qualities like instincts and morals. Quite different from the idea of an independent, non-physical soul most of us believe in.
Which ''mystical texts''?
Which is why we discuss it.

Cheers.

The Zohar does speak of it. I don't think you'll find the label "twin flames" anywhere, LOL...but you find the concept explained quite well. Adam Kadmon was originally male and female, back to back, and Eve was taken from the [back] of Adam. Commonly translated as "rib". At this point, the two souls were housed in their respective physical shells, so that Adam wouldn't be alone.

I think you can read many texts by Rumi, Hafiz, and other Sufi masters and find a parallel...I have, although these are typically collected writing and are "lumped" together under "Rumi's collected writings", LOL...and similar. It is a simple fact that the more esoteric Sufi works are harder to find in translation and are more closely guarded...this is in part a reflection of the climate in which they find themselves, as they are already considered "fringe" in Islam.

Similar to the Zohar (strikingly, LOL...), many of the Sufis' more esoteric works describe what we call twin souls as sister souls, which was simply their term of choice to evade the harshest critique of their often erotic description of the love between God and man (sic), which is also mirrored "below" in the human love of two souls connected by God at the origin. The purpose is to fully realise the divine in each of us through our love for the other...and then extend that outward in the form of universal compassion.

The Vedic texts...there are so many. This is the earliest wide-scale dissemination of the hermetic teachings of antiquity...the same themes we see in the hermeticism of ancient Egypt and the Near East. They are not all in the Bhagavad Gita or the Upanishads. Techically much of the esoteric teachings on twin souls is contained in the Tantrika Parampara, or the 92 sacred tantric texts. There are said to be parallel teachings in the Buddhist Vajrayana tantric tradition, but they are closely guarded so as not to be misused or misinterpreted.

Just very quickly, the traditions of Hinduism brought forth teachings that echo the Hermetic philosophy and the key mystical concepts of OM TAT SAT OM or I AM THAT I AM, and the Hindu Trinity - of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva and their counterparts the Mother Goddesses. Hinduism teaches that Avatars incarnate the Essence of this trinity and bring teachings for each culture, place and time. Hinduism also taught the sacredness of the Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine polarities of the Godhead, which are reflected in the divine union "below" of male and female twin souls.

Typically esoteric teachings are revealed by a teacher or a guru when the student is ready, and additionally many call for a different level or type of translation or reading of standard texts, in order to reveal the esoteric truths. You will typically only get a "taste" or high-level summary of these teachings translated into English. However, if you see that there is a call to grow and to serve in the love and union of twin souls that is stressed in all of these various traditions, you are correct.

Peace,
7L

LightFilledHeart 03-11-2010 04:43 PM

I think if you ask a hundred different people this same question (what are Twin Flames or Twin Souls) you will get a hundred different answers. Really no one knows for sure and no one has the market cornered on absolute truth... we can only offer our opinions, based on knowledge we've absorbed from others (books, channelers, our own teaching guides and even our own inner knowing :smile:). In my understanding, at the time souls were first cast from Divine Oneness (i.e., individualized aspects of Divine Oneness separating from the Whole in order that God might know itself in miriad forms and expressions), SOME souls chose to further divide in two, in order to go forth in a more expansive way and experience more of what there is to experience, and thus more quickly find their way back to conscious recognition of their oneness with All. Not all souls chose this path. More did not than did. Therefore the percentage of Twin Souls/Flames is rather small. Those who DID choose this and DO have a Twin out there seldom choose to incarnate in the same time/space.. after all, the purpose of dividing in the FIRST place was to increase the speed and expansiveness of experience, growth and learning! Usually they will be separate, but if one is in the earth and the other is not, the one remaining in spirit will often act as guide to the one embodied. On those rare occasions when the longing for union with the other portion of ones unified soul becomes too great to ignore, they will sometimes arrange to come into incarnation in the same time and space in order to facilitate meeting and joining as a couple. These relationships can be the most exquisite of pair bonds (I speak from experience) and also the most challenging, for who can challenge you and push you to the limits more than an aspect of yourself...! It is a relationship like no other, and when/if you experience it, there will be no denying who you are to one another.

(IMO :wink: )

Chrysaetos 03-11-2010 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7luminaries
The Zohar does speak of it. I don't think you'll find the label "twin flames" anywhere, LOL...but you find the concept explained quite well. Adam Kadmon was originally male and female, back to back, and Eve was taken from the [back] of Adam. Commonly translated as "rib". At this point, the two souls were housed in their respective physical shells, so that Adam wouldn't be alone.

The Zohar speaks about the different layers of the soul. I haven't found anything about twin flames, or a soul that was split. Please show passages where I can find this. Adam Kadmon is about the 'father soul' of all human souls. What we see here is a cultural belief and a creation myth of a specific time and place, where only humans are beings with a soul. And there's also the idea of a original soul. Nothing whatsoever about the split of a soul that becomes feminine and masculine.

In the ancient world, it was also very common to see rationality as a quality of the soul. But in our time, we believe rationality is a quality of the mind. That's just to show you how the time we live in shapes our beliefs.

Quote:

I think you can read many texts by Rumi, Hafiz, and other Sufi masters and find a parallel...I have, although these are typically collected writing and are "lumped" together under "Rumi's collected writings", LOL...and similar. It is a simple fact that the more esoteric Sufi works are harder to find in translation and are more closely guarded...this is in part a reflection of the climate in which they find themselves, as they are already considered "fringe" in Islam.
''More closely guarded''? What's that supposed to mean? Have you read it or not?

Quote:

The Vedic texts...there are so many. This is the earliest wide-scale dissemination of the hermetic teachings of antiquity...the same themes we see in the hermeticism of ancient Egypt and the Near East. They are not all in the Bhagavad Gita or the Upanishads. Techically much of the esoteric teachings on twin souls is contained in the Tantrika Parampara, or the 92 sacred tantric texts. There are said to be parallel teachings in the Buddhist Vajrayana tantric tradition, but they are closely guarded so as not to be misused or misinterpreted.
Yeah there are many Vedic texts. You said they speak about a soul split, could you tell me the specific text where I can read about this?
I really like to see these specific texts (links, passages etc.) as eastern teachings usually speak about the existence of an individual soul (no split) or no soul.

Quote:

Hinduism teaches that Avatars incarnate the Essence of this trinity and bring teachings for each culture, place and time. Hinduism also taught the sacredness of the Divine Masculine and Divine Feminine polarities of the Godhead, which are reflected in the divine union "below" of male and female twin souls.
Hinduism's teachings, mythology and so forth is all about the Indian subcontinent. It speaks about Indian people, places, animals, rivers and plants. Muslims also say God brought prophets to all the people around the world, but that's not in line with their religious beliefs at all.
Texts may speak about 'divine' masculine and feminine polarities, but that's a whole different story then the split of a soul, don't you think?

Cheers.

7luminaries 03-11-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
The Zohar speaks about the different layers of the soul. I haven't found anything about twin flames, or a soul that was split. Please show passages where I can find this. Adam Kadmon is about the 'father soul' of all human souls. What we see here is a cultural belief and a creation myth of a specific time and place, where only humans are beings with a soul. And there's also the idea of a original soul. Nothing whatsoever about the split of a soul that becomes feminine and masculine.

In the ancient world, it was also very common to see rationality as a quality of the soul. But in our time, we believe rationality is a quality of the mind. That's just to show you how the time we live in shapes our beliefs.

''More closely guarded''? What's that supposed to mean? Have you read it or not?

Yeah there are many Vedic texts. You said they speak about a soul split, could you tell me the specific text where I can read about this?
I really like to see these specific texts (links, passages etc.) as eastern teachings usually speak about the existence of an individual soul (no split) or no soul.

Hinduism's teachings, mythology and so forth is all about the Indian subcontinent. It speaks about Indian people, places, animals, rivers and plants. Muslims also say God brought prophets to all the people around the world, but that's not in line with their religious beliefs at all.
Texts may speak about 'divine' masculine and feminine polarities, but that's a whole different story then the split of a soul, don't you think?

Cheers.

Yes, it is in the Zohar. I loaned my copy...look at D Matt's Vol 1 of Zohar on Berei****[Genesis]...this series is in English. If you wait a bit, I'll get my copy back and look it up for you. Apparently Berei**** is censored on the forum, LOL!

Yes, I have read Sufi texts in collected works of Rumi & Hafiz (and surely there are others) that speak of sister souls created together as one, as masculine and feminine souls. It's the concept of two in one. You keep focusing on term "split". Even the Zohar, which describes an emanation or creation of two souls from one, may not technically use the term "split". And you know what? It's not important to the overall concept, which remains the same whether you say 2 souls (complete) are created from one, or whether you use some other term.

There are many Tantric texts from Vedic & Buddhist traditions. It is very difficult to obtain Vajrayana tantric text in translation...I have only heard oral teachings.

For the Vedic texts, below is a link to get you started. I've read summaries and translations, so whilst you can find these just as easily, the best info is from a guru, or a master. That's how this knowledge is best transmitted in these traditions. And that's how I've received this knowledge as well.

The rituals described appear overtly sexual when lifted off the page outside the appropriate context, and as such they are often misused or misunderstood. However, a key here is that these rituals can be applied by the solo practioner or by partners, but they describe a union or partnership of the divine energies, where the ideal is the union of soul mates formed at the time of creation, which simultaneously both is and is mirroring the union occuring within one's own soul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysticism - look for the Vedic & Tantric references.

Quote:

No that's just it...there is no contradiction, only different perspectives. Look at it from the other side, the reunification of both elements of one's soul. This reunification takes place internally on several levels but is catalysed so to speak by your connexions within and without of what we typically call our individual soul.

I will also say that all of this was of passing interest to me and it was all purely an intellectual exercise until I myself had certain experiences and a different perpective on this...my own perspective :). I had no teacher or guru until...well, until I came to this point, LOL...nor did I feel any impetus to go this route solo, although there are many who do. The only things I have had is my own experience and a desire to know self and divine. And the amazing love I feel for a certain someone. It's very difficult to speak of something so personal, so pls. forgive the dry analytic response.

So don't be lazy Chrys, you can look them up or check them out & read them yourself...but also understand that there is a time to everything, and everything to its time. Frankly if this is not your path then it may take years or lifetimes to comprehend this in the way that we have as a result of direct experience.

LOL...and most importantly I would say, don't get hung up on whether the text says paired, created, or split...LOL...don't let semantics, and yes, this qualifies...get in the way of your own search for truth. That's the main thing :)

Peace,
7L

LadyImpreza1111 03-11-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falling Star

I agree 100%
People can search fanatically for written documentation but even then, it won't have any relevance unless they experience it themselves.

7luminaries 03-11-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyImpreza1111
I agree 100%
People can search fanatically for written documentation but even then, it won't have any relevance unless they experience it themselves.

Yes...agreed...all I can do is point to something that cannot be adequately described...only experienced.

Thanks ladies :)
7L