Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritualism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Child in spirit (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17996)

Cassy 23-06-2011 10:06 PM

Child in spirit

Hello. I wonder if anyone could advise me on this please? For many years my family have been told by many many different mediums of a child who was brought up in spirit connected to us, but we have never been able to discover who the child is.

A couple of years ago I had a private sitting with a medium I have consulted several times, and whose information I have never found to be wrong. She was talking about my parents and their "three" children. I told her that I have only one sister, but she was quite convinced that there are three of us and felt that possibly my mother had a miscarriage. I'm sure that my mother would have told us about this if she had been aware of it (I understand that very early miscarriages may not be obvious).

My mother passed over 6 months ago and yesterday I had a private sitting with the same medium. The contact I had with my mother was wonderful, however what I would like to concentrate on here is that once again the third child was mentioned, and the medium is now quite sure that the child is my twin who was miscarried. I assume that this is a physical possibility.

I am interested to hear of anyone's experiences of this, particularly how it may be possible to find out more about my twin.

The odd thing is that for quite a while now I have found myself thinking things like "I love that colour, do you?" but now knowing who I was asking. I just put it down to stress!!

jjj 24-06-2011 12:12 AM

In my work I have learned that many, many people begin as twins and one of the twins is 'reabsorbed' unnoticed (by the outside world). There are, however implications for the living twin... because they 'knew' the fetus. It's one belief.

Native spirit 24-06-2011 05:36 PM

:smile: Hey cassy,

When i was expecting my first child i always said it was twins,everybody disagreed with me even the scans but i knew,
i had a bleed early on, yet i was told it was one, as soon as he was born, they delivered the afterbirth and said this is to big for one baby, you were right all along,
you were carrying twins, i knew but not everyone does.this could have happened to your mother,

Namaste

Cassy 26-06-2011 12:18 PM

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
:smile: Hey cassy,

When i was expecting my first child i always said it was twins,everybody disagreed with me even the scans but i knew,
i had a bleed early on, yet i was told it was one, as soon as he was born, they delivered the afterbirth and said this is to big for one baby, you were right all along,
you were carrying twins, i knew but not everyone does.this could have happened to your mother,

Namaste

Thanks for that. I suddenly remembered that many years ago I had a startlingly clear dream in which I was holding hands with "myself" - that is someone who looked exactly like me! Maybe my twin was trying to get in touch. Did your child have any experiences regarding their twin?

BlueSky 26-06-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassy
Hello. I wonder if anyone could advise me on this please? For many years my family have been told by many many different mediums of a child who was brought up in spirit connected to us, but we have never been able to discover who the child is.

A couple of years ago I had a private sitting with a medium I have consulted several times, and whose information I have never found to be wrong. She was talking about my parents and their "three" children. I told her that I have only one sister, but she was quite convinced that there are three of us and felt that possibly my mother had a miscarriage. I'm sure that my mother would have told us about this if she had been aware of it (I understand that very early miscarriages may not be obvious).

My mother passed over 6 months ago and yesterday I had a private sitting with the same medium. The contact I had with my mother was wonderful, however what I would like to concentrate on here is that once again the third child was mentioned, and the medium is now quite sure that the child is my twin who was miscarried. I assume that this is a physical possibility.

I am interested to hear of anyone's experiences of this, particularly how it may be possible to find out more about my twin.

The odd thing is that for quite a while now I have found myself thinking things like "I love that colour, do you?" but now knowing who I was asking. I just put it down to stress!!

I don't have any expereince with this Cassy but I must say that I find it very unique and interesting and mysterious......thanks for sharing this and i hope you find your answer.
Blessings, James

LightFilledHeart 26-06-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Hi Cassy!

Very interesting story! What I find a bit odd about it is that it's always been my understanding that when we cross into spirit, we leave behind our not only our body, but any concept of "age", since our spirits are enternal and do not exist in the confines of age. I was told were we to meet up with relations who have crossed before us, they would be presenting in a youthful and vital adult body... the one they found to be the most accurate representation of their eternal spirit. I'm told that "children" (i.e., souls that cross into spirit during their childhood) do not appear as such, but rather as stated above. Your story indicates this may be inaccurate. I wonder what the truth is? It gives one much to ponder!

Cassy 27-06-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Hi Cassy!

Very interesting story! What I find a bit odd about it is that it's always been my understanding that when we cross into spirit, we leave behind our not only our body, but any concept of "age", since our spirits are enternal and do not exist in the confines of age. I was told were we to meet up with relations who have crossed before us, they would be presenting in a youthful and vital adult body... the one they found to be the most accurate representation of their eternal spirit. I'm told that "children" (i.e., souls that cross into spirit during their childhood) do not appear as such, but rather as stated above. Your story indicates this may be inaccurate. I wonder what the truth is? It gives one much to ponder!

Many thanks for this very interesting point, I will try to clarify this and will let you know what I find out!

LightFilledHeart 28-06-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Many thanks for this very interesting point, I will try to clarify this and will let you know what I find out!

Yes, thank you! I would be very interested in hearing what you discover :smile:

Cassy 30-06-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Yes, thank you! I would be very interested in hearing what you discover :smile:

Here is the reply to my enquiry:

"You asked about babies in spirit. The way that I understand it is that the spirit within has no age at all. When a child passes on, the spirit within it is not a baby it is a spirit that was in the spirit world, went to the earth and then returned to spirit. This can be because the parents and other family members of the child/baby needed the experience; they would have a greater understanding of this experience and may be able to help others in similar circumstances. It could just be that the physical body of the baby was not as perfect as it should have been, so the spirit returned to the spirit world. That spirit may come to earth, to the same parents at a later date.

When the mother or father comes to a medium for a private sitting, family in spirit may bring along the spirit of the baby, may actually give details of the baby, giving proof that the child is still with them. But the child doesn't stay as a baby; the spirit within it has no age.

Spirit babies can come back, be recognised and show that they are still very close to us. No matter how long they are in the spirit world, they are still a part of the family."

mac 01-07-2011 11:50 AM

"You asked about babies in spirit. The way that I understand it is that the spirit within has no age at all. When a child passes on, the spirit within it is not a baby it is a spirit that was in the spirit world, went to the earth and then returned to spirit. This can be because the parents and other family members of the child/baby needed the experience; they would have a greater understanding of this experience and may be able to help others in similar circumstances. It could just be that the physical body of the baby was not as perfect as it should have been, so the spirit returned to the spirit world. That spirit may come to earth, to the same parents at a later date.

When the mother or father comes to a medium for a private sitting, family in spirit may bring along the spirit of the baby, may actually give details of the baby, giving proof that the child is still with them. But the child doesn't stay as a baby; the spirit within it has no age.

Spirit babies can come back, be recognised and show that they are still very close to us. No matter how long they are in the spirit world, they are still a part of the family."

I presume that this thread was started in the 'Spiritualism' forum because there is a Spiritualist approach when seeking answers?

As a (Modern) Spiritualist, but also as someone personally affected who has pursued such issues for many years, I'm offering a few ideas for consideration plus some comments on what's been posted thus far. The opening posting spoke about twins but the thread has drifted away to more general issues so I'll stick with those although the aspects of twins is a subject in itself.

The piece quoted above is not inaccurate but
is incomplete and sometimes speculative - the details given may be correct in some circumstances but will not apply to all. The reasons for a child, baby or foetus not completing an earth-life cycle are various. Sometimes it may be as a result of a prior arrangement, for an experience/lesson for one or more of those involved, but that is simply one possible reason.

It is true that 'spirits' don't have age in the sense that we understand time. They may, however, have had varying degrees of experience in the physical and that's something we can relate to. Discarnate individuals ('spirits') are not homogeneous - there are as many personal states of spiritual progression as there are individuals experiencing them.

Take the situation of a 'first timer' in the physical. Inevitably there is a first-time for all of us here. Some say there is only ever a first time, that there is no reincarnation. But first time or only time, what will be their physical appearance on return to the etheric? It's widely taught by respected teachers and guides that on returning to the etheric we then use a spiritual counterpart of the physical body in which we were living before our passing. Where, then, would that leave an individual who had not survived to maturity - what etheric body would she/he have? As pointed out earlier, discarnates are not a homogeneous bunch any more than incarnates - neither we nor they all look the same!

Additionally, the animating spirit of a foetus/baby/child will have committed to experiencing physical life and the loss of that opportunity (where an early cessation had not not pre-arranged) would leave the individual still spiritually committed. In such circumstances it's arguable that the premature return of the physically-immature individual would be reflected in the etheric. A baby or child would still appear as a baby or a child after their passing. [To suggest they might return later as another child to the original intended parents is again speculative. It might sometimes be the case but equally that may be exceptional.]

It is, however, quite possible that a more spiritually-experienced entity would be better able to deal with an unexpected termination and return to the etheric and might, therefore, more quickly develop to adult maturity. This is where discarnates need to be recognised for what they are, again not simply seen as a homogeneous group called spirits.

Considering all these points there will a situation of children growing steadily 'in spirit' to the level of their intended adulthood along with others who will comparatively rapidly resume their former spiritual status.

There are, incidentally, many accounts of children growing up in the etheric.