Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   i saw the buddha during meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116195)

maaya2809 17-08-2017 08:20 PM

i saw the buddha during meditation

i saw the buddha during meditation.
huge buddha, gold color, and he holding a black ball between his hand.
someone have any idea what it means ?

Divine Consciousness 18-08-2017 04:35 AM

That is imagry only arise out of your mind. concentrate on meditation only and ignore such visualisation if meditation slot is not over. after meditation slot you can amaze on such happenings.

ajay00 18-08-2017 10:12 AM

I agree with DC. Imaginary visualized images can come about from here and there to disrupt the meditation. Just be thoughtlessly aware of it without judgement, and it will just leave on its own after some time.

Osho had stated that negative entities can try to disrupt the meditation with images of Buddha or bodhisattvas.

So just be vigilant and diligent in meditation and you will be cool. :cool:

iamthat 18-08-2017 08:47 PM

I do not consider such an image to be necessarily a disruption. But we need to be aware that if we see such an image then it may not be a living entity, it may just be a thought-form which we are tuning into.

I suggest you consider this image as symbolic, and ask yourself what the symbolism means to you.

A simple interpretation could be that the golden Buddha symbolises your higher Self, and the black ball held between the hands may represent your lower self in this incarnation. The whole image suggests that your life experience as a personality is safely in the hands of your higher self.

That is just a simple interpretation off the top of my head. The actual symbolism may have quite a different meaning for you, and perhaps you need to reflect on it.

Peace.

Divine Consciousness 19-08-2017 05:31 AM

Lord Buddh's visualisation shall be more inspiring one but after slot. till slot is over we must concentrate on method of meditation.

Hemera 19-08-2017 02:53 PM

You need to face the darkness (black) in order to become awakened and see the Oneness (ball) of all things.

Don't worry about entities and such. These images are your subconscious (or higher, Divine self, Buddha nature, Christ Consciousness or whatever you prefer) bringing a message to your conscious self. Don't overly fixate on it either, but understand what it means and use it to draw you deeper into meditation.

Leo15 25-08-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

I suggest you consider this image as symbolic, and ask yourself what the symbolism means to you

l agree with lamthat. Visions can be important, when it's a True vision. The Golden Buddha would represent the Truth [gold always represents Truth] and the black ball some kind of falsehood - perhaps the Ego. Anyway, it looks like your making progress.
You haven't mentioned using 'visualization', so l assume this rose spontaneously. Helpful visions can arise from beyond the mind - we have many parts to our being which we aren't aware of, until we're enlightened, but which can still guide us before that. This vision might have come from your subconscious, and there are false visions, but equally it could be from your Higher-Self, or even a Guide your not aware of [even from Buddha Himself]. Subconscious is not the same as Higher-Self.

l can't believe people are still quoting osho, considering what we know about this fake these days. He was totally ignorant on many things.

rousseau 28-08-2017 06:02 PM

Buddha with the black ball

Remember Buddha steered clear off several such images before attaining nirvana. Though I have no idea of what the black ball means, the vision of Buddha is auspicious indeed. Also, have read from somewhere that dreams related to God are real.

Good luck