Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Did god inspire all religions (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132995)

Rickswordfish 13-12-2019 07:50 PM

Did god inspire all religions
 
Lately ive been wondering if I should accept the belief that all religions are inspired by god, is there any merit to this belief?

Shaunc 13-12-2019 08:35 PM

No, Buddhism doesn't require a belief in God and I'm sure that there's one or two other religions that are similar in that aspect.

Rickswordfish 13-12-2019 09:32 PM

Just because a religion doesnt require a belief in god doesnt mean it wasnt inspired by god

Busby 14-12-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickswordfish
Lately ive been wondering if I should accept the belief that all religions are inspired by god, is there any merit to this belief?



Hardly, even I could have done a better job.

hazada guess 14-12-2019 11:39 AM

Religions were developed by man to suit his agenda.

FairyCrystal 14-12-2019 12:00 PM

I think you should replace "god" with "higher power" or "source".
And yes, the way I see it all religions and belief systems are inspired by that. It's just that some chose to refer to that higher power as "god".

hazada guess 14-12-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I think you should replace "god" with "higher power" or "source".
And yes, the way I see it all religions and belief systems are inspired by that. It's just that some chose to refer to that higher power as "god".


In my mind,there is only one true religion created by *God*,the rest have been altered by man over the years as previously stated.

enaid 14-12-2019 04:35 PM

I believe all religions are inspired at inception by god or another way of saying it would be - inspired by the best part of a man.

sky123 14-12-2019 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickswordfish
Lately ive been wondering if I should accept the belief that all religions are inspired by god, is there any merit to this belief?



I don't think so....

sky123 14-12-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enaid
I believe all religions are inspired at inception by god or another way of saying it would be - inspired by the best part of a man.




Some Religions don't always show the best part of Man.....


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums