Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What's a good way to keep entertained? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117340)

WeRDivine 02-10-2017 02:18 PM

What's a good way to keep entertained?

Is watching football and playing world of Warcraft ok?

Lorelyen 02-10-2017 03:22 PM

What do you want from "being spiritual"?

Snow Goose 02-10-2017 03:45 PM

Do you enjoy these things? Then go for it, why destroy your hobbies?

Some will say do not participate but it's your life, I choose not to watch mainstream tv, listen to news or read newspapers but thats because it's so boring nowadays for me personally. If your hobbies still fill your life with joy, I see no harm, just take a step back and see these things for what they really are, it can be easy to get sucked into herd mentality.

WeRDivine 02-10-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
What do you want from "being spiritual"?

What is being spiritual? I just don't want to live a boring life.

WeRDivine 02-10-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Do you enjoy these things? Then go for it, why destroy your hobbies?

Some will say do not participate but it's your life, I choose not to watch mainstream tv, listen to news or read newspapers but thats because it's so boring nowadays for me personally. If your hobbies still fill your life with joy, I see no harm, just take a step back and see these things for what they really are, it can be easy to get sucked into herd mentality.

I don't see any harm in watching football or playing video games. I only use the tv to watch sports. Negative stuff like news I don't watch.

lemex 02-10-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeRDivine

It's ok to just have fun but I'm sure if you tried to apply some spiritual principle in the game, you'd lose. It is different to be sure.... :smile: VR is the next challenge for sure. How come there aren't any spiritual games btw.

WeRDivine 02-10-2017 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lemex
It's ok to just have fun but I'm sure if you tried to apply some spiritual principle in the game, you'd lose. It is different to be sure.... :smile: VR is the next challenge for sure. How come there aren't any spiritual games btw.

I tried the HTC VR headset. It was heavy and little uncomfortable.

Lorelyen 02-10-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

What is being spiritual? I just don't want to live a boring life.

Beg pardon? And you watch football and play video games? Well.....if you find them exciting stick with them.

So...I'll rephrase my question. - What do you want from a Spiritual Forum?

If you want a more exciting life you're rather limiting your scope for discovery at the moment.

naturesflow 02-10-2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Asking in a spiritual forum how to be entertained?

Life is for living in everyway. So what rocks your boat is your choice and your interest as you need.

Why are you asking permission to enjoy what you want to enjoy?

Do you see that living your life as a human being cannot be spiritual and be entertained by normal stuff like you mentioned?

How boring this life would be if we didn't have creative outlets..:icon_eek:

WeRDivine 02-10-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Beg pardon? And you watch football and play video games? Well.....if you find them exciting stick with them.

So...I'll rephrase my question. - What do you want from a Spiritual Forum?

If you want a more exciting life you're rather limiting your scope for discovery at the moment.

Just looking for answers. I watch football and play video games on spare time.