Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How does one cultivate faith? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132592)

paragon 20-11-2019 03:47 AM

How does one cultivate faith?

While I’m not really a subscriber to the Law of Attraction, I believe firmly that good things will happen to us if we trust and believe with conviction that all things are here to help us.

Despite believing that intellectually, I find it almost impossible to apply in my day-to-day life. If I pray for something, I can cultivate a faint glimmer of hope and trust, but always at the back of my mind there is a deeply rooted belief that I’m not going to receive the thing I asked for. Then when my belief comes true and I don’t receive anything, of course it makes it doubly harder to have faith and trust the next time I ask. Even in the times when I’ve been feeling the most positive and confident, I receive absolutely nothing and then my confidence quickly wanes.

It feels to me like some people are born with faith, and some people are blessed with a miraculous, improbable event that instills faith in them. Then there are others who appear completely immune to all supernatural events. Making the leap from apparent spiritual abandonment to a firm faith seems like an impossible thing to do when you have an abundance of previous experience telling you there is absolutely no logical reason to trust God/the universe. How do you make the switch?

Thank you very much for reading and for any replies. :smile:

BigJohn 20-11-2019 04:56 AM

Check out Hebrews 11:1 which reads:

"Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

Shivani Devi 20-11-2019 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragon
While I’m not really a subscriber to the Law of Attraction, I believe firmly that good things will happen to us if we trust and believe with conviction that all things are here to help us.

Despite believing that intellectually, I find it almost impossible to apply in my day-to-day life. If I pray for something, I can cultivate a faint glimmer of hope and trust, but always at the back of my mind there is a deeply rooted belief that I’m not going to receive the thing I asked for. Then when my belief comes true and I don’t receive anything, of course it makes it doubly harder to have faith and trust the next time I ask. Even in the times when I’ve been feeling the most positive and confident, I receive absolutely nothing and then my confidence quickly wanes.

It feels to me like some people are born with faith, and some people are blessed with a miraculous, improbable event that instills faith in them. Then there are others who appear completely immune to all supernatural events. Making the leap from apparent spiritual abandonment to a firm faith seems like an impossible thing to do when you have an abundance of previous experience telling you there is absolutely no logical reason to trust God/the universe. How do you make the switch?

By "Faith", I am assuming that you are referring to a kind of "Spiritual Faith" because most people have something in their lives which hold a deep significance of meaning and the amount of personal investment they place in it and upon it, reflects that importance.

If there is anything you feel strong, positive emotions towards, the question becomes, how much of your mundane, day to day existence (which doesn't produce these satisfactory emotions) are you willing to sacrifice to stay "aligned"? to stay "in tune" and to be in the flow state? Is unconditional love enough or does it need expression into an outward manifestation through action? This is the essence of Faith.

Faith is not just hope, because "hope" has just as many negative connotations as it does positive ones... expectations, desires, attachments, disappointments etc whereas Faith just has the basis of Unconditional Love and is rooted in acceptance that no matter what happens in life "Source got my back" and it is all a matter of trust and letting go...to realise that the Law of Attraction will only work once you have put the idea totally out of your mind...forget about it.."okay Universe, you KNOW what I want...if it is in my karma to have it, I await manifestation at your earliest convenience... meanwhile, I got better things to do like worshiping the Divine".

inavalan 20-11-2019 05:07 AM

Don't feel bad ... That's why we all are here, on Earth: to practice mastering our emotions, thoughts, and beliefs, and assertively create what we intend to. If we had been able to do that, we wouldn't have come here. It isn't a matter of faith. It is a matter of not mastering our emotions.

LibraIndigo 20-11-2019 05:35 AM

Cultivating faith

Start with small things first. Pray every morning. Thank God for the blessings you have and ask him to lead your day. Watch how things change.

neil 20-11-2019 06:35 AM

It is said that the "almighty" will only answer the prayer/desire for our recieving of his Holy spirit'ual essence ie:- the Newbirth of Soul'self.

And all other prayers are answer by lower level beings if they hear our prayers for things other than the Holy Spirit.

The desire for the Holy spiritual essence, of & from the Almighty Christ entity, slowly transforms us into the very essence of the "Almighty". And the inflowings of the Holy spirit, instills faith within us, & also a knowing that the almighty is real.

The transformation of Soul'self (New Birth) enhances our Soul awareness, from the natural spiritual man & into the likeness/essence of the Almighty Christ entity itself. & as the transformation really starts to ramp up, then so to does our ability of being capable of perceiving the Almighty...("perceive" NOT see)...in every way shape & form.

Keep the desire to know the "Almighty one" close at heart.
Be loving & humble to the best of your ability in all circumstances. And if you relapse in your new loving & humble manner, then correct yourself asap.

When you live as the Heavenly Father Christ entity does, and you have a pure desire for his love & transforming Christ Essence, then your prayer/desire for it is slowly answered. Even if you are unaware of it.

John32241 20-11-2019 09:34 AM

Quote:

Hi,

My understanding is that you evolve faith in the same way you evolve belief. You could say that faith is the result of our beliefs.

It is very interesting how we humans use words. How those words reveal our beliefs. When you start with the belief/thought there has been an "apparent spiritual abandonment" you are creating your reality in a negative way. Your subconscious sees those words as a directive to manifest this result.

The How To answer for this question about faith is to change your perception of it. May be then you can build this love bond relationship with your inner spirit self. Once you have that reality in place, this thing you call faith will be established. Those you observe with spiritual experiences have created that for them self. The human is in charge of their lives. We are all given that free choice to use our perceptions of reality in an empowered way or not.

John

JustASimpleGuy 20-11-2019 10:01 AM

Quote:

My outlook is what's going to happen is going to happen. That being said we do have some control over some aspects. If we live mostly in fear of failure, rejection or ridicule we close a lot of doors that might present great opportunity. We just have to be willing to accept the possibility of an outcome not in accordance with our plan. Even then such outcomes present opportunities for learning and future improvement. If you don't try something the possibility of success is 0%, whereas if you do and it's within reason the possibility of success is greater than 0%.

Personally I don't subscribe to LoA, however I do think there are subtle ways the mind-body can improve our physical and psychological state and science is in the early stages of confirming this. How extensive and powerful is yet to be determined.

As far as paranormal stuff like precognition, clairvoyance, clairaudience, etc... I was always a bit skeptical but not any longer and due to recent personal experience. Again to what extent this can be manifested I'm not certain.

As far as Divine Intervention, I tend to think that's rare. Very rare. If it wasn't it wouldn't be such a big deal in scripture. That's not to say one shouldn't pray or have hope, but just to say one has to keep expectations reasonable and not lose faith if prayers aren't answered in the way one expects. Perhaps they are answered and one just has to recognize and understand the manner in which they are?

hazada guess 20-11-2019 10:20 AM

How does one cultivate faith?...........Well,I don't cultivate it.I keep it to myself and come on this forum to either have my beliefs confirmed or to alter it accordingly after much thought.

JustBe 20-11-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

The spiritual process unfolds and helps through the letting go, opening to more as you walk through your process.

I use to fear and distrust big time, until I changed that within me, I could scarcely find faith, in myself, others or life.

If you lack, you need to see things differently to beliefs and programming. You have to ‘feel’ differently towards your inner world. You lhave to find your place in ways you build faith, sometimes slowly, sometimes fast.