Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Latest Crystal Acquisitions? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53488)

SpiritualNomad 01-07-2013 02:02 AM

Latest Crystal Acquisitions?

I thought it might be nice to have a thread dedicated to crystals you have aquired recently, or crystal-related items. An "Oh! Shiny!" thread, so to speak. :wink:

Apologies if a similar thread has been previously written; I searched back a fair few pages to no avail.

Anyhow to begin I recently purchased a few new additions to my collection as pictured below:

Hematite, Sodalite, Citrine?, Moonstone?, Carnelian.

moonincancer 01-07-2013 02:31 AM

The one in the middle looks more like sunstone than moonstone:)

moonincancer 01-07-2013 02:32 AM

green moss agate, serpentine, muscovite

Likes2Read 01-07-2013 04:04 AM

Green Calcite and Orange Calcite.

And I would venture that my Fluorites would qualify as "recent" as I got them earlier this year.

Astral Explorer 01-07-2013 04:56 AM

I actually did create a thread some months ago to show off your new crystals but no one used it and it fell a couple pages back where no one ever sees it unfortunately. BTW it's likely the Hematite is not real Hematite and it's actually Magnetite. Most stones being sold as Hematite nowadays are actually Magnetite and you really have to find a specialized dealer to get your hands on real Hematite. I have a piece of Magnetite and it looks exactly the same as yours.

As far as new stones I recently bought and have already received:

Danburite (my other one broke)
Aragonite
Celestite
Black Tourmaline
Yellow Apatite
Azeztulite
Strawberry Lemurian Seed
Moldavite x2

Stones I recently bought and haven't received yet:

Red Hematoid Quartz
Tibetan Quartz
Carnelian
Crocodile "Kambamba" Jasper
Septarian
Tanzanite

Belle 01-07-2013 07:23 AM

I've got some fab ones recently.

I bought some turqouise and some coral from Ecuador - which are amazing.

Then I felt the need to get some amazonite which has an interesting energy and I also put it wiht the coral as my sotnes to carry today.

Free_Spirit1983 01-07-2013 11:54 AM

I've just aquired a few newbies;

A beautiful piece of chrysoccolla, and a more rugged but still very beautiful piece of Iolite.. I went to bed with the Iolite on my brow and it felt like my third eye was receiving a very soothing massage! Was awesome!!

They're both for my mesa as I head off this week to finish my shamanic training.. These stones really feel right and will be going through ceremony and ritual with me and then will be a permanent part of my practice! :)

SpiritualNomad 02-07-2013 02:10 AM

Loving all the replies!

Astral Explorer: is there any way I can distinguish between Hematite and Magnetite?

xiola_bleu 02-07-2013 09:37 AM

Over the past month I have bought far too many stones. I might aswell list them all since I wont be buying anymore for a while....I hope haha.

Orange Calcite
3 Smokey Quartz
4 Raw Rose Quartz
4 Black Tourmaline
4 Raw Amethyst points
Dioptase (which was a total bargain)
Black Tourmaline Pendant
Tumbled Sunstone
Onyx
Peridot
Large Raw Amethyst
Moldavite stone
Moldavite pendant and matching earrings
Moldavite pendant
Shungite
3 Natural Citrine
Green Sardonyx
Rhodonite
Angelite
Jasper
Seraphinite
3 Carnelian
Aqua Lemuria

A few of these stones I already had, but I like to have plenty of Smokey Quartz, Black Tourmaline, Citrine and Carnelian.

:)

Topaz 02-07-2013 11:39 AM

http://

Two lovely large purple hematite candle quartz. I heard them singing when I went into the shop .

[URL[/url]"[/url]

Have been working with these beauties for the past three weeks.

danilav 02-07-2013 10:25 PM

i've recently purchased quite a few crystals:

quartz
apatite
amazonite
green onyx
rose quartz
blue kyanite
black kyanite
desert rose
amethyst
citrine
smoky quartz
black moonstone
bloodstone
herkimer diamond

a little off topic, but since i've recently purchased it, has anyone worked with black moonstone before? i feel a very strong pull toward it's energy unlike the white moonstone that i already own. i've been trying to find information on it but i haven't been able to find a whole lot.

Selbor13 02-07-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topaz

Two lovely large purple hematite candle quartz. I heard them singing when I went into the shop .

[URL[/url]"[/url]

Those are very nice. The 2 on top look like Lithium candle quartz (the purple coat is usually lithium).

Topaz 03-07-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selbor13
Those are very nice. The 2 on top look like Lithium candle quartz (the purple coat is usually lithium).

Yes you're right . I was obviously a bit ungrounded when writing the post thanks .

Topaz 03-07-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danilav
i've recently purchased quite a few crystals:

quartz
apatite
amazonite
green onyx
rose quartz
blue kyanite
black kyanite
desert rose
amethyst
citrine
smoky quartz
black moonstone
bloodstone
herkimer diamond

a little off topic, but since i've recently purchased it, has anyone worked with black moonstone before? i feel a very strong pull toward it's energy unlike the white moonstone that i already own. i've been trying to find information on it but i haven't been able to find a whole lot.

Black moonstone brings out your deepest dark shadows into the light so you can resolve them . I find black moonstone to be grounding and very relaxing, it allows you to become the master of your own power and to go with the flow and cycles of life . Black moonstone is a lovely crystal to work with, enjoy working with it .

SpiritualNomad 03-07-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

[URL[/url]"[/url]

Wow! :happy2: They are so lovely.

It seems there's quite a few people who have also gone "crystal happy" as of late like myself! Loving it.

Selbor13 03-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Yes you're right . I was obviously a bit ungrounded when writing the post thanks .

Keep away from the crystals when writing :tongue: haha Love them!

SpiritualNomad 04-07-2013 08:26 AM

I found myself buying a few tumbled stones again today, haha. :redface:

- Red Jasper
- Adventurine

And for my wife:
- Calcite
- unknown blue "bubbly" stone

Astral Explorer 04-07-2013 10:52 PM

Here are pictures of my newest purchases:

Carnelian

Red Hematoid Quartz

Tibetan Quartz w/ Smoky inclusion

Crocodile "Kambamba" Jasper

Septarian

Astral Explorer 04-07-2013 10:53 PM

And:

Strawberry Lemurian Seed

SpiritualNomad 05-07-2013 02:28 AM

I absolutely love your new aquisitions, Astral Explorer, most especially the Strawberry Lemurian Seed, it's exquisite!

Here are some stones I purchsed recently.

Red Jasper:

Adventurine:

I purchased these for my Wife, but am not 100% sure if I have identified them correctly...
Is this Calcite?

Is this Chrysocolla?

xiola_bleu 03-08-2013 07:34 AM

I'm really trying to stop buying tumbled stones, instead buying clusters and points etc. I've recently bought:

Tanzanite pendant
Amethyst cluster
Phantom Quartz generator
2 Agate slices

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritualNomad
Is this Chrysocolla?

That looks like Howlite to me.

Astral Explorer 04-08-2013 03:13 AM

Baltic Amber x7
Agate Bookends

Golden Angel 06-08-2013 09:33 PM

danubrite, sugalite, azurite, pink muscovite, eudilyte.

Topaz 07-08-2013 09:38 AM

I won a mango calcite heart on facebook .

SpiritualNomad 10-08-2013 04:24 AM

I have recently acquired;
- A small Moldavite chip, which is lovely.
- A largeish Quartz Point
and while packing to move I found something that I did not know I had, a Clear Quartz pendant on a leather necklace.

nakita 11-08-2013 12:36 AM

I just purchased emerald, black tourmaline, and lapis lazuli

Actually my very first purchases

SpiritualNomad 12-08-2013 06:17 AM

Got given a small double terminator clear Quartz this afternoon; a friend found it while cleaning his room and gifted it to me.
I almost have enough to create a grid now, which is exciting.

Astral Explorer 12-08-2013 06:01 PM

My first piece of Astrophyllite, I am really excited to try it out tonight. Oh and I just got a really big (55 gram) piece of Indonesian Amber.

WYN123 12-08-2013 08:33 PM

Charoite and Aventurine lovely tumbles stones from my local gem shop. charging them all out side but its gonna bucket it it looks like :) I love rain :):)

StrandedSnowMonkey 16-08-2013 01:36 PM

Lovely crystals! :)

A little Amethyst crystal in matrix:

WYN123 16-08-2013 05:31 PM

that's pretty
oh I just got back from the rock shop hem
Angelite - thanks rena Ill try it tonight
Abalone
red jasper
Amber
garnet

the most expensive garnet at £7.50, which has been cut to resemble a foot ball.

magicvida 16-08-2013 07:08 PM

visit magivida.biz for some powerful pyramid crystals.

magicvida 16-08-2013 07:08 PM

visit magivida.biz for some powerful pyramid crystals.

Astral Explorer 17-08-2013 03:49 AM

Got a new vintage Moldavite pendant. Got it so cheap I can't believe it and it is soooo nice. They don't make Moldavite pendants this nice anymore, they spared no expense on finding an absolutely perfect stone. Not only as in no chips or anything but it is a perfect shape, texture, and symmetrical. They used so much silver on the bell it is just stunning. I wish they still made jewelry this nice but sadly they don't. Nowadays Moldavite pendants use as little silver as possible and they use lower quality stones that aren't high enough quality to be sold as a single specimen. I paid 75$ USD less for this pendant than I did my other one and this one weighs over a gram more than my first.

Astral Explorer 19-08-2013 06:45 PM

A pound of Herkimer Diamonds.

CrystalDreamer 25-08-2013 11:18 PM

I went to the Michigan Renaissance Festival today and acquired the following:

Cobaltoan Calcite and Fluorite

2 pieces of Chrysocolla.

I love the pendant. My first and last name starts with an A. I can see an A in the stone both on the front and back. Had my name "written all over it" LOL.

Astral Explorer 26-08-2013 02:26 AM

12 pieces of Aquamarine.

xiola_bleu 26-08-2013 04:08 AM

Purple Agate cave
Kunzite
Peridot chip bracelet
2 x Herkimer Diamonds
Tektite
Rainbow Moonstone wand

:)

xiola_bleu 26-08-2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Got a new vintage Moldavite pendant. Got it so cheap I can't believe it and it is soooo nice. They don't make Moldavite pendants this nice anymore, they spared no expense on finding an absolutely perfect stone. Not only as in no chips or anything but it is a perfect shape, texture, and symmetrical. They used so much silver on the bell it is just stunning. I wish they still made jewelry this nice but sadly they don't. Nowadays Moldavite pendants use as little silver as possible and they use lower quality stones that aren't high enough quality to be sold as a single specimen. I paid 75$ USD less for this pendant than I did my other one and this one weighs over a gram more than my first.

I'd love to see that :)

CrystalDreamer 26-08-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiola_bleu
I'd love to see that :)

I'd love to see it too!