Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Acupuncture & Acupressure (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   stabbing pains - is this connected to meridians? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17965)

Sungirl 23-06-2011 08:37 AM

stabbing pains - is this connected to meridians?

For as long as I can remember I have had sensations like I am being stabbed with a needle. It can be in any point around my body.

But, sometimes I feel it shoot up through my body like it is following a meridian and a split second later I feel it somewhere else along that meridian.

It's very quick generally but yesterday it kept happening and it lasted a couple of seconds each time.

I used to pass it off as a nerve firing... but I wonder if it is connected to meridians somehow.

Jules 23-06-2011 08:45 AM

from what I've heard, it can be part of the kundalini awakening. Is it like little electric shocks?

Sungirl 23-06-2011 09:57 AM

yes.. but I've had it for as long as I can remember, and my mum gets it too.

Jules 23-06-2011 10:02 AM

it can also be vit d & magnesium deficiency .. go get your levels checked to be on the safe side. It's also connected to fibromyalgia .. just a thought and another perspective on it

Sungirl 23-06-2011 10:20 AM

Hi Jules

Thanks heaps for taking the time to reply. I take massive doses of Vit d3 every day and also magnesium for SAD... I wonder how I would go about getting it checked. Do GP's do it on request?

Don't think it is fibro, once again, as I have had it for so long.. and it doesn't happen all that often...

norseman 24-06-2011 06:59 AM

"massive doses of Vit d3 every day"

How massive ? There are doubts over taking mega-doses of many vitamins.

Sungirl 24-06-2011 08:03 AM

There studies say it is safe to take 10,000 iu a day. I am taking 5,000 iu. Doctors prescribe up to 50,000 iu a week to people.

Trust me, I didn't start taking them without doing some research. At Vit D is only sourced from sunlight I think the liver (kidneys? didn't do boilogy) just gets rid of what it doesn't need. So the worst I can be doing is wasting my money.

I have spent the last 2 winters researching SAD.

I will point out that these stabbing pains don't happen very often, they could be weeks apart. It's just I never see anyone else suddently going "ouch!!" like i do. They are so sharp and quick they make me jump.

Is there no-one on the site that knows about accupuncture?

norseman 24-06-2011 12:33 PM

My ex is a successful practitioner !

Sungirl 24-06-2011 12:37 PM

you're ex... did you learn anything from her? Can you ask her?

norseman 24-06-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tilia
you're ex... did you learn anything from her? Can you ask her?

Will try but we dont meet often. Normally, the bite you get when a needle hits the point precisely is just for an instant, not prolonged.
[I was her live practice dummy while she was in college training]