Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What If The Afterlife Was.. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=104017)

metal68 30-07-2016 08:49 PM

What If The Afterlife Was..

Just pure awareness

No memories, no feelings, no concept of self or even existence, no sensations, sense or experiences

Just being aware but no other context, not even the idea of awareness

Just a terrifying thought, akin to non existence:icon_eek:

Dragonfly1 31-07-2016 08:15 AM

If that were the case, what would it matter? You wouldn't be aware that there was nothing more.

wolfgaze 31-07-2016 08:36 AM

Awareness is always aware of something, Metal.... That's why they call it awareness

:icon_mrgreen:

H:O:R:A:C:E 31-07-2016 08:51 AM

it didn't realize that the things you were describing were "troublesome"
until your last sentence. without a context, those attributes don't tend
towards either end of the 'desirable spectrum' (as i see it).
i don't believe that absence of memories, self conceptions, and a lack
of feelings are in store for us however.
[i also feel that "afterlife" is a misnomer since it describes continued life].

Shivani Devi 31-07-2016 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metal68
Just pure awareness

No memories, no feelings, no concept of self or even existence, no sensations, sense or experiences

That is what everything already is, both before death and after it.

However, the awareness creates its own sensations and experiences. It is self-experienced and self-aware, just as we are all trying to experience the awareness of it.

It is akin to non-existence, but it isn't. It isn't really an experience that's quite horrible or terrifying either...quite pleasant, actually....

CrystalKitty777 31-07-2016 03:57 PM

Everyone is connected to Spirit, so when you die, you simply become what you always are: pure Spirit, full of Love and Peace. :icon_cheers: :cat: :love4:

Burntfruit 31-07-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrystalKitty777
Everyone is connected to Spirit, so when you die, you simply become what you always are: pure Spirit, full of Love and Peace. :icon_cheers: :cat: :love4:

Good answer. :D

Tobi 31-07-2016 11:48 PM

If a Being were in a state of pure "Awareness" and that was beyond all desire for manifestation of anything, beyond all that we know ....then it is possible that is well and truly 'home'.....well beyond any Astral Home.... or anything else. But the incredible completeness of a state like that would be no loss! It certainly wouldn't be a scary 'nothing'.

CrystalKitty777 01-08-2016 12:06 AM

^Yes, yes! Thank you! That's what I keep trying to tell people! Thank you so much! :D

Journeyman Paul 18-08-2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metal68
Just pure awareness

Sounds like the 'place' from which we all came--from which It all started. What I can't figure out is How and Why did We (God) get that first thought, that first impulse to create something other than the blissful terror of all-knowing nonexistence? When did the Void--pure potential--become kinetic?