Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How long is the lifetime of spirit in between? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=35016)

darkness 02-05-2012 05:26 AM

How long is the lifetime of spirit in between?

Sorry in advance for so many questions. Please feel free to answer one or all of them. :) I have a few questions. Just looking for opinions or experiences.

After we die, how long do we stay in spirit? On average..
What really happens during our 'life' as spirit? Do we meet 'god' or 'higher power' and make plans for our next life in form?

I've been through some pretty intense experiences already during this life.. not sure what is real or what is just in my head?, but one thing is when I was in a car crash that I was lucky to get out of, I remember seeing a glimpse or thought of heaven. I don't claim it was real or anything, but it was pretty surreal and scary.:( So this is part of the reason I have questions right now...

Some say we have to go through a period of remembering, and facing our decisions during life. I kind of agree with that. But after that, do we always come back to earth as human? or as any intelligent life form? Do we continue with the path that we had as human? Does our spirit die, in order to take birth in a body? Is spiritual death painless?

Again, just looking for opinions or personal experiences. Links to knowledgeable sites are welcome to. Thanks. :)

AppleCandy 02-05-2012 09:07 AM

Those who believe will say yes to you.
Those who do not believe will say no.

So, I will have to say to you that different people will have different opinions.

P.s. I have seen Heaven when I was young. It's an amazing feeling indeed.

Sammy 02-05-2012 02:14 PM

The time we spend in each form is different for everyone. Someone might be on Earth longer then they are in spirit. Someone else might be spirit for thousands of years and has only been on Earth for 30. We all grow at different paces.

Enya 02-05-2012 02:44 PM

The answer to this is - how long is a piece of string? :D It really does seem to depend on the level of development your own spirit is at and how aware you are of the various levels of attainment. I believe you do have the choice to continue as you are, in a similar life, until you wish to 'move on' to continue learning. Any choice to become physical is surrounded by lots of discussion and decisions, as it may not be the best way forward for your spirit... and no, your spirit does not 'die'. It can't. What may 'die' is the personality, but the life-time experiences remain to be accessed when appropriate, hence memories of past lives...

Toolite 02-05-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkness
Sorry in advance for so many questions. Please feel free to answer one or all of them. :) I have a few questions. Just looking for opinions or experiences.

After we die, how long do we stay in spirit? On average.. those that cross right away I believe do a review with God and reincarnate again
What really happens during our 'life' as spirit? Do we meet 'god' or 'higher power' and make plans for our next life in form?see above question

I've been through some pretty intense experiences already during this life.. not sure what is real or what is just in my head?, but one thing is when I was in a car crash that I was lucky to get out of, I remember seeing a glimpse or thought of heaven. thats a good thing to see lightI don't claim it was real or anything, but it was pretty surreal and scary.:( So this is part of the reason I have questions right now...

Some say we have to go through a period of remembering, and facing our decisions during life. I kind of agree with that. But after that, do we always come back to earth as human?as of today, I believe we do come back as a humans some are at a higher level and they can opt as a spirit guide or as any intelligent life form? Do we continue with the path that we had as human? see aboveDoes our spirit die,your spirit will never die in order to take birth in a body? Is spiritual death painless?a person can be spiritually dead but it doesnt mean their spirit is actually dead .. it equates to torment they cant escape

Again, just looking for opinions or personal experiences. Links to knowledgeable sites are welcome to. Thanks. :)

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

darkness 02-05-2012 05:44 PM

Thanks everyone.:smile:

Native spirit 02-05-2012 09:39 PM

:smile: Hey Darkness.

Never Appologise for asking questions its how you learn. we spend time at home (spirit ) before we are ready to be reborn. we go over our lives here when we go home and see, what we have learnt, some people can be reborn fairly quickly others it can take years to be reborn, as for myself i walk my final path .i will never come back after this life time, i have done many life times here , so im happy never to come back again,

Namaste

GentleStrength 03-05-2012 06:42 AM

Time is a tricky thing to view from here when thinking about being in spirit. My understanding is that outside of physical reality time doesn't exist, all is NOW. This allows things to happen that to us within physical reality seem contradictory such as a "past" life actually being one that was chosen to live "after" our current life.

I think our freedom is truly limitless and it is especially easy to see while not in a physical form. We can choose to explore and expand our consciousness in many different ways, either choosing to incarnate again into physicality or just staying in a solely spiritual existence to learn whatever we wish. I do agree that after we leave our bodies there is a recap of what we experienced and this will affect the choices we make as to where and what we might incarnate into again.

Hope this was helpful in some way

Love and Light

darkness 04-05-2012 01:52 AM

Thanks! The partabout past life being a next life makes sense to me

BeatleJuice 05-05-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
:smile: Hey Darkness.

Never Appologise for asking questions its how you learn. we spend time at home (spirit ) before we are ready to be reborn. we go over our lives here when we go home and see, what we have learnt, some people can be reborn fairly quickly others it can take years to be reborn, as for myself i walk my final path .i will never come back after this life time, i have done many life times here , so im happy never to come back again,

Namaste

Hey Native spirit how do you know that you have done your life time many times here?