Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   TALKING TO THE DEAD: PERMITTED BY GOD OR GRAVE SIN? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=17223)

Mind's Eye 09-06-2011 01:46 PM

TALKING TO THE DEAD: PERMITTED BY GOD OR GRAVE SIN?

The Bible says that communicating with the dead or conjuring spirits is not permitted by God. In the Old Testament, the Hebrew people were not to consult with mediums and told that mediums defiled them. They were even told to put such people to death.

I know there are a lot of folks who comminicate with spirits on this forum; So what do you think about what the Bible has to say on the subject?

God-Like 09-06-2011 01:58 PM

Hi Mind's Eye .

The Irony connected to your question put forward Is that much of my spirit communications / visitations / guides "are" priests, bishops, cardinals, ministers, doctors of the church / popes etc .. . . heh ehhe .

x dazzle x

Bluegreen 09-06-2011 02:03 PM

The Bible does not mention the cases where it is the spirits who seek to communicate with those people who are psychic.

I may be wrong, but the Bible probably means that we should not allow our bodies to be used by spirits.

Quote:

It is written in the Laws of the Gods, "To one spirit there shall be one flesh. He that puts on the flesh of another shall suffer Our condemnation; and with him, he that alloweth this betrayal of the tenement of the Host shall suffer also.

Adrienne 09-06-2011 02:03 PM

The Bible says alot of things, how do we really know what God said ?

I am a little bit foggy on this, but didn't God raise a few people from the dead ? Lazarus comes to mind ... if God did, then wasn't He talking to the dead when He told them to " rise ? "

Dream Angel xx

theophilus 09-06-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I am a little bit foggy on this, but didn't God raise a few people from the dead ? Lazarus comes to mind ... if God did, then wasn't He talking to the dead when He told them to " rise ? "

When Jesus told Lazarus to come out of the tomb he immediately came to life and was no longer dead.

The Bible's commands prohibit living people from trying to communicate with the dead for the purpose of seeking guidance rather than relying on God. King Saul violated this command and was punished for it.
So Saul died for his breach of faith. He broke faith with the Lord in that he did not keep the command of the Lord, and also consulted a medium, seeking guidance. He did not seek guidance from the Lord. Therefore the Lord put him to death and turned the kingdom over to David the son of Jesse.
1 Chronicles 10:13,14 ESV

When mediums communicate with spirits claiming to be people who have died they have no way of knowing if the spirits are telling the truth. There are many evil spirits who serve Satan and help him to deceive people about the way to God.

Bluegreen 09-06-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

When Jesus told Lazarus to come out of the tomb he immediately came to life and was no longer dead.

Really, Theophilus. When Jesus told Lazarus to come out of the tomb, Lazarus was still dead. After Jesus told Lazarus to come out of the tomb, that is when Lazarus was no longer dead.

Prokopton 09-06-2011 03:47 PM

Don't forget the good ol' Witch of Endor.

Kaere 09-06-2011 04:01 PM

I think it was simply a case of the priests wanting to retain their control over the population. What need is there for a priest to act as an intermediary between you and God when you discover there's no need and can talk with God anytime you want? They'd be out of a job pretty quick like.

Lynn 09-06-2011 04:21 PM

Hello

I think its mainly the changing of the times is all. Personally being so in tune with the other side and being so able to see and talk with Spirit I can embrace how "fear" is still there. Fear of being so different or fear of "doing" negative things with what is truly a "GIFT" from a higer force. Be that God maybe.

I do personally feel we all need to have some connection to a "Higer Vibration" to some that be God to other's what they see fits to them. For me its a connection to what I call the "Core" or "Home" what that place is or it its a place matter's not. Yet I embrace that one's do still very much "fear" in communictations with Spirit and I can respect that.

Lynn

Adrienne 09-06-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Really, Theophilus. When Jesus told Lazarus to come out of the tomb, Lazarus was still dead. After Jesus told Lazarus to come out of the tomb, that is when Lazarus was no longer dead.

Bluegreen, you took the words right out of my mouth ! :D

I suppose there is a technicality here - Jesus just told Lazarus to come out of the tomb (while he was dead) ..... Jesus wasn't actually communicating with spirits on a conversational level... and in my " fogginess " I used God, when I should have said Jesus, in my original post. Sorry.