Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Past Life Names (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=39933)

Joseph123 24-08-2012 04:19 AM

Past Life Names

I have a good friend who is named Taylor. When I first met him, the first twenty or so times that I spoke his name, I actually said the name Alec by mistake. It was as though there were something deep within my psyche that told me that that man was named Alec. I have known one Alec in my life, who looked and was nothing like Taylor. Fast forward several years since I last called him Alec: I recently had a dream that featured Taylor and I referred to him as Alec.

On this topic, my mother has told me that, throughout her life, there is one name that I cannot recall by which people always called her by mistake - (say, Mary.) As in, dozens and dozens of people have accidently called her that name, when they knew fully well at a conscious level that it was not her name.

What I am curious about is the possible past life connotations of these events. What do you think?

Altinak 24-08-2012 04:32 AM

If you have a strong knowing that is a name from a past life connection then it probably is :D Try and ask your guides to show you or give you a sign which may lead to you what exactly that life was about!

Good luck :)

plzgodhelpme4give 06-09-2012 03:18 PM

This is so interesting because I was doing this with my co-worker. I always had to stop and think "Her name is Kathy not Nancy" before trying to get her attention. I always wanted to call her Nancy and I don't even know any!

boxinggregger0 07-09-2012 05:26 AM

you could have met nancy in a past life !:icon_eek:

xxLoveLifexx 07-09-2012 11:00 AM

I would say that is very normal that you could like to call people names they have in other lifetimes or have more often, because often names similarly repeat themselves in all the different lifetimes. Sometimes though you are giving them 'energy names' according to what name they 'look like' to you or because they remind you of someone else.

plzgodhelpme4give 25-09-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxinggregger0
you could have met nancy in a past life !:icon_eek:

Yes I agree!

Nameless 26-09-2012 12:01 AM

A psychic told me once about a teacher she had in college. This teacher had shared a few past lives with her, but the teacher didn't know it, and she didn't want to tell her...whenever the teacher would call her name, she said the past life name first, then would look confused. She never could remember her name..

Papoose 28-09-2012 03:01 PM

I get called Laura (not my name) all the time. A co-worker responded to one of my e-mails that way just last week and I've known this person for nine years. I just figured I must seem like a Laura. Who knows? Maybe I was a Laura.