Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Secret practices for rapid spiritual development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117242)

shivatar 28-09-2017 10:01 PM

Secret practices for rapid spiritual development

Lets pretend I'm sitting in isolation and have a large amount of energy and determination to perform some mental Olympics but I don't know what to do.

What are some of the best techniques you know about for achieving an altered state of consciousness?

For example maybe I just sit here, close my eyes and repeat "I love everyone, I love every thing". As I go on and on there would be thoughts that come up, reasons for saying I do or don't love everyone, etc. So the development would be in examining what comes up and why it comes up.

Another possibility. Sit there and say "(I AM) not this, not that". Then over time the mind comes up and gives reasons for not this, not that, or reasons for being this or that. We examine the thoughts and why it comes up, then move on, etc.

These are very old techniques and well known. I'm more interested in lesser known techniques.

This one has worked well for me in the past. "I want nothing from you".

It seems like question mantras don't work well, but statements are perfect. And the less sense they make the more the mind begins to speak up and give us material to work with.

The idea is to attempt to open up a dialogue with the inner and deeper self. The trick is to not engage the thinking mind when the deep self begins to talk to itself. Just be aware of it and how it has the ability to carry on both sides of a conversation. Keep repeating your mantra or statement and let it talk to itself. If you feel like it question why there are two sides and to which parts of you those sides correspond.

Another type of statement I've noticed works well to rouse the inner self is "I will" statements.

"I will do ____" and they have to be logical or the deep self won't reply. If you make blunt threats or empty threats then the deep self won't reply. It won't even give an emotional response.

Try something easy that is on the verge of something you would do.

"I will go help the homeless tomorrow. or maybe. I will volunteer this weekend" etc.

Watch how quickly the dialogue begins. At first the "I don't want to", but if you are determined eventually the dialogue will change. "maybe I can help out a little, if it's on my way to work or errands". But if you keep with the determination eventually your deep self will begin to help align your other aspects to fulfill your will. It will give you reasons to volunteer and it will give you the emotions and motivation necessary to carry out that will. But it won't do it easily unless you have been doing it for a long time. for a beginner there is always a learning curve. The ego is lazy, it enjoys comfort and it's willing to put up a fight to keep that comfort and safety.

Maybe bump it up and try "I will make healthier choices, even if I don't feel like it at that moment in time". At first the voice of "reason" jumps up and tells us how irrational that is. Or maybe it plays possum and says "oh yeah, great idea, im game" but then next day you find yourself eating comfort food and binge watching netflix.

Challenging yourself is an excellent way to rouse the deep self.

dryad 30-09-2017 12:44 PM

Those only focus on the psychological side of things. You should look into energy cultivation as well. Secret practices are secret for a reason. There are prerequisites you have to meet before you can learn that sort of thing.

Miss Hepburn 30-09-2017 04:44 PM

For me there is only one thing to do ...get into that place inside me that is filled with simple sincerity.
(You think that is easy? Try it....hahahah.)
Then, ask God, my Divine Father/Creator for His Divine Love.

Whatever is the hardest thing for the ego to do, whatever you find big resistance to do...
is what will get you where you'd like to be...which is really just an uncovering.
If the above sounds too simple and the mind wants to pooh-pooh it...you can bet
that is the thing to do ! :glasses9:

Greenslade 01-10-2017 07:11 AM

I'm OK. I don't need rapid Spiritual development because I'm OK, and I realise that if I need rapid Spiritual development not only am I telling myself I'm not OK I'm telling myself I'm inadequate or lacking. I'm telling myself I don't Love myself any more because I'm not good enough and y'know, I've been doing that most of my Life.

Being OK with myself creates the space for other things to move into, simple common sense tells me that if my consciousness is full of fretting over inadequacy there's no room for anything else. It also lets me see what the Universe is showing me and brings the two of us into alignment. It's not what I look at that's important it's how I see it, and if everything goes past in a blur of motion?

The Universe is OK with me being OK with myself.

lemex 01-10-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dryad
Those only focus on the psychological side of things. You should look into energy cultivation as well. Secret practices are secret for a reason. There are prerequisites you have to meet before you can learn that sort of thing.

Yes, energy affects psychology side and a great thought.

lemex 01-10-2017 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenslade

The Universe is OK with me being OK with myself.

A good staring realization.

Imzadi 01-10-2017 04:10 PM

Do you unconditionally accept the totality of REALITY just as it is beyond any opinions or narratives about it?

lemex 01-10-2017 04:20 PM

The one that I used is finding a scared place. A place of focus and energy. It can be anyplace to you that is your proverbial temple some place you are drawn to. This was a new technique I found that aided me.

It could be your living room in stead of a church or other building that are equal. It basally realizing you can be spiritual anywhere where you are grounded and connected. Energy is so important.

Still I think old techniques serve us well.

You know this is New Age stuff. :smile:

lemex 01-10-2017 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Whatever is the hardest thing for the ego to do, whatever you find big resistance to do...

Absolute deep reflection is what I'm saying to myself. Combine reflection with mediation or mediate on, finding the H.S. of it?

shivatar 01-10-2017 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dryad

any tips on where to start?