Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What is the Word for Being Open to More Than One Religion? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=88637)

GypsyButterfly 21-07-2015 02:39 AM

What is the Word for Being Open to More Than One Religion?

Though I'm a monotheist, I am open to other religions & spirituality. At least, exploring them. Not every one, just certain ones appeal to me. Like Wicca. I searched for the word that would describe being interested in more than one religion, possibly even following more than one. The only thing I found, so far, is omnism: the recognition & respect of all religions. Does anyone know the term for how I approach faith? Thanks.

Shaunc 21-07-2015 09:48 AM

No idea of the word but it probably applies to quite a few of us. The top of a mountain can usually be approached from a few different directions.

Jyotir 21-07-2015 12:15 PM

Hi GypsyButterfly,

catholic

Does that help? ;-)

~ J

Miss Hepburn 21-07-2015 12:50 PM

Wise.

Tristran 21-07-2015 02:05 PM

Insane !!!

Because when the anti-Christ comes along, he is going to do exactly that; merge every religion into a New World Religion under the jurisdiction of the Anti-Prophet.

Jesus said a person either has faith in Him or the Mammon. There is no mid-way. Its one or the other.

Serrao 21-07-2015 02:58 PM

I'm thinking of 'multi-religious'.

lenvdb64 21-07-2015 03:15 PM

A JW Granny and her 7 year old daughter knocked on our door one sunny morning.

I have a Star of David sigil with the words "Blessed be" inside our porch.

As I opened the door the Granny greeted me cheerfully: Hello dear. Do you have a moment. We would like to talk to you about the reason Jesus came to earth.

I responded kindly: Sorry sweetheart.

I am gay-pagan.

There was a awkward silence.

She replied. "Terribly sorry to have bothered you..."
She turned around, clutching her grand-daughter's hand, and started to walk away.

As I close the door, I heard the little girl asking: "Granny, what is gay-pagan?...."

LOL

celest 21-07-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lenvdb64
A JW Granny and her 7 year old daughter knocked on our door one sunny morning.

I have a Star of David sigil with the words "Blessed be" inside our porch.
!
As I opened the door the Granny greeted me cheerfully: Hello dear. Do you have a moment. We would like to talk to you about the reason Jesus came to earth.

I responded kindly: Sorry sweetheart.

I am gay-pagan.

There was a awkward silence.

She replied. "Terribly sorry to have bothered you..."
She turned around, clutching her grand-daughter's hand, and started to walk away.

As I close the door, I heard the little girl asking: "Granny, what is gay-pagan?...."

LOL

:laughing5: They'll all be praying for you in the Kingdom Hall, lol.

knightofalbion 21-07-2015 04:30 PM

'Spiritual' is probably the correct term.

Wisdom, insight and inspirational are to be found in many places and many teachings.

Sadly Orthdoxy takes on a life of its own. The messenger turns himself into a demigod you could say. Whereas the core aim of any religion should be to bring people to the Light and help them to be the best they can be.

knightofalbion 21-07-2015 04:34 PM

I always feel sorry for JWs. Their's is an Orthodoxy very much with a capital O .. but there is no denying their dedication.