Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Signs & Synchronicities (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Rings, their Symbolism. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130282)

Treeplanter 06-07-2019 10:37 AM

Rings, their Symbolism.

A Dream about Rings.
Last night I had an unusual dream about rings. There was this bowl of rings that was owned by a lady who had a shop or stall where the young in heart would come and go. The idea was that people could discard their unwanted rings into the bowl and if a ring was needed, one could be taken out for free. The intention was that none of the rings were particularly valuable so there was an easy give and take. There was a sign with an arrow pointing into the bowl which said, "None but the broken hearted" and "Love them and leave them", to encourage a donation; on the other side was an arrow pointing out with the sign saying "True love". The idea of the bowl was in fact, so that the owner of the shop could make some money for occasionally she would look through the bowl and because she had an eye for what was valuable and what was just cosmetic she would take out the valuable ones and sell them for herself. This was because those who were broken hearted didn't care what they discarded, they just wanted to be free of the now broken bond so threw out impetuously. Those in love chose, [is it an aesthetic appeal?] and not for the value which they wouldn't have known anyway. The difference in the two effects gave this lady a little extra cash.
I have, in fact written a little about rings and this caused me to think a little more deeply on the subject. It turned out that my father purchased an engagement ring for my mother that for some unspoken reason was always a point of irritation or dissatisfaction. Me and my parents are all Australians and my father served in the airforce during the war in England as many did. Somehow, before returning to Australia, he agreed to marry my mother communicating by slow letters, [just one direction was 6 weeks] who was of course is still in Australia. He purchased this, probably quite valuable ring with three quite large diamonds in it from my mother's uncle who owned something like an antique/second hand shop in London. He returned to Australia, presented the ring, and in due course, got married and then I was made. This all seems quite good except if one thinks about it, the war was either still on or had just come to an end and since the uncle was a second hand dealer, it is very likely that the ring came from someone who was killed in the bombing. Times I'm sure were tough and money had to be made by the living. I could imagine that it was very likely, the ring was removed from someone who was killed, and sold to a dealer like my uncle. Perhaps he told my father something but he would have been oblivious to the sensitivities and would have just been interested in good value. The story of the ring may have gotten to my mother through his sister, my mother's mother. My mother eventually died and one of my sisters' claimed that our mother promised the ring to her, I acquiesced and let her have it. The other sister then outdoes the other sister and claimed our now grandparents house is hers and also free from any inheritance obligations. The first sister then through the assistance of clairvoyants believed in love without integrity and my response is not to deal with either of them. Without integrity you have nothing and greed ran rampant. Can objects be jinxed? Could the tragedy of the ring becoming available for selling to the second hand dealer somehow have been glibly unacknowledged by both my father just wanting an unencumbered bargain and my mother's childish wish for something new and not second hand? A tragic death may have occurred and the living need to be looked after. Objects have a life of their own and pass from one hand to another but the past needs to be acknowledged and put to rest to allow a fresh start. Me, a "Bob", I believe I was named after this old great uncle Bob, who I never met but who spent a night in the KinKin pub in 1926 during an attempt to live in Australia before returning to London. [KinKin is the closest pub to where I've lived for many years].