Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   May 21st..the end of the world... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16209)

Coming2 20-05-2011 06:52 PM

May 21st..the end of the world...

Hi everyone!!

So has anyone read or seen the billboards around the US claiming that tomorrow, Saturday May 21st, is going to be the end of the world?? My daughter called me yesterday from school in tears because she saw a billboard and all her friends were afraid of dying. First it hurt me a bit to see her distraught but also by the fact that as much as we have talked about the afterlife that she would ever be afraid of dying.

I did research on the guy who is claiming this and he is taking his information by adding, subtracting and reducing numbers in the Bible. He predicted the same thing a few years ago but then recanted that the numbers were wrong when nothing happened. Does this sound like Koo laid cult to anyone else?? Jim Jones predicted the same thing and they all killed themselves before it was suppose to happen.

Chrysaetos 20-05-2011 06:55 PM

This is good for your daughter..
Why..? Because she will learn that the world won't end. She'll become more sceptical the next time, and less scared/not scared.. hopefully! :smile:

Squatchit 20-05-2011 08:10 PM

Isn't it already May 21st for our Australian friends?

If so and you're up early, let us know you are still around. :wink:

Squatch

Prokopton 20-05-2011 08:11 PM

This again?

For goodness' sake.

Is this kool-aid cult? No, kool-aid cults have more substance than this.

Squatchit 20-05-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prokopton
This again?

For goodness' sake.

Is this kool-aid cult? No, kool-aid cults have more substance than this.

Yeah, there's been a few threads recently. Obviously because it's tomorrow (or today) depending on where you live.

I find it amazing that someone has been able to put billboards all over America - that wouldn't happen in this country (UK). You'd have to apply to all the local councils first and it would take months of negotiation...:tongue:

Prokopton 20-05-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

I find it amazing that someone has been able to put billboards all over America - that wouldn't happen in this country (UK). You'd have to apply to all the local councils first and it would take months of negotiation...

I agree!

In my mind I assume little amateur posters was what it really meant... if it's actual billboards, these are some very well-funded people!

innerlight 20-05-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatchit
Yeah, there's been a few threads recently. Obviously because it's tomorrow (or today) depending on where you live.

I find it amazing that someone has been able to put billboards all over America - that wouldn't happen in this country (UK). You'd have to apply to all the local councils first and it would take months of negotiation...:tongue:

I was really surprised and shocked that their are billboards that have this. That someone would allow the billboards to be put up... Then I thought it could be possible that the owners of the billboards believe it to be true.

Squatchit 20-05-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerlight
Then I thought it could be possible that the owners of the billboards believe it to be true.

Good point...but all over America? I can understand it in one town/city but 'around the US' (as Coming2 mentioned) seems an awful huge expanse of land.

Admittedly I'm not familiar with billboards and the owning/advertising of them, but I would have thought the advertising space is owned by the state.

Maybe I'll shut up now because I'll only continue assuming...:tongue:

EDIT - and there are only a few more hours to go before it's debunked...or true.

Enya 20-05-2011 09:24 PM

Sigh... well, I have lots of work to do tomorrow and get some paintings to sell, so please cancel it... :D

innerlight 20-05-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatchit
Good point...but all over America? I can understand it in one town/city but 'around the US' (as Coming2 mentioned) seems an awful huge expanse of land.

Admittedly I'm not familiar with billboards and the owning/advertising of them, but I would have thought the advertising space is owned by the state.

Maybe I'll shut up now because I'll only continue assuming...:tongue:

EDIT - and there are only a few more hours to go before it's debunked...or true.

Well in this economy money talks. So if the price is right I guess they will put whatever on a billboard. Even one that says the bible guarantees it.

Harold Camping says there is no Plan B... So what happens when it doesn't happen? Harold Camping will, no doubt, be eaten alive, criticized, and torn apart. Let alone all those that do beleive what he is saying. Those that have no doubt donated money to his cause.