Peace & Harmony
Peace & Harmony
What does a seeker want out of spiritual pursuit?
There are quite a few prescriptions available for a dedicated seeker:
1. On-line courses on scriptures,
2. Short / long duration courses at spiritual institutes
3. Seminars, Webinars
4. Satsangs – lectures
5. Audio books, videos
6. Meditation retreats
7. Yogic kriyas
8. Spiritual forums – chat groups
9. Visiting holy places – going to mountains – staying in ashrams.
10. Searching for a Guru. What is popularly known as Guru hopping.
So on and on and on……..
After reading accounts of spiritual quest of seekers of all hue and colors one is left wondering if is this some kind of a mirage???
Seekers all over the world have been pursuing these and various other paths for years and yet..
Many seekers have not been able to answer the question posed at the beginning adequately. Vague responses like – looking for answers to questions - “Who am I?” What am I doing here, What is the purpose of life, Why my life is the way it is ……
What could be the common goal for seekers?
Is it peace of mind? Is it harmony in day to day living?
How would anybody get peace of mind in this world where daily living is full of uncertainty, strife, competition, struggle for survival, strained relationships, discrimination based on gender, race, social class, religious beliefs, demographics and what not? Humans have created enormous separation among their own species inhabiting this planet.
Undoubtedly the guiding principle of Non-duality/Advaita shows the path forward.
1. You are neither the body nor the mind. You are “That” the non-dual source. You are infinite. Hence, you can take infinite responsibility while recognizing that your ability to respond is limited by your Mind Body Apparatus (MBA).
• Guiding step1- Take complete responsibility not only for yourself but for the totality of the world around you (that includes all others, plants, animals, environment.. et al) and do your best every time using your knowledge and skills.
2. There is “No individual doer”. Since there is only the “Source”, every action, every deed whether by you or by anybody, every calamity natural or otherwise, is within and forming an integral part of the totality of ‘Functioning” in the non-dual moment that is Now. The doer can only be the “Source”
• Guiding step 2 – Deepest conviction of the above, that neither you nor the other is the doer of any action whether happened through you or the other will completely unburden you of any guilt and shame for yourself OR malice and hatred towards the other. The relationship with the other will get totally transformed.
3. Any separation leads to misery and strife. Any manmade separation that categorizes people, animals, objects, identifications, hierarchies, nationalities, demographics, will eventually cause discrimination and sense of un-equanimity.
• Guiding step 3 – Continuously striving, NOT to separate yourself from the “Others” and not putting yourself on a pedestal, will bring harmony in all your relationships. Accepting yourself as you are and others as they are without judging and bias will bring the oneness and unicity.
Peace & Harmony will follow
The one who can attain the above, would be who else, but an “Enlightened Sage”
Speak for yourself...
As to the answer key, that's probably more like a marketing tool in my opinion - as attractive as it might be.
Some people might like this route, but I think: "What a dilution of spiritual truths and potential for Truth".
Yes, it seems to me, "the guiding principle of Non-duality" is the bomb! :smile:
Practicing the Presence---of the One all pervading consciousness in
everything, behind, beneath, hidden, through and through, dwelling within,
permeating invisibly all of existence is 'the thing'....to experience personally
with a heightened, expanded sense this Being in everything, the Observer looking out of your eyes and
growing your fingernails as you sleep...this One Brilliant Unimaginable Spirit
of Divine Love beaming, sparkling all around...is the thing.
Peace and harmony...no more strife
is a simple first step like Kindergarten....what lies after that is
being aware of the Magnificence...and keeping that a priority at all times....
forever and ever...here and all points hereafter, forever on our wonderful journey of crystal clear awareness.
With discourses heard & theory read, we do become a learned professor
But to effect change within we need to reckon with ego as a transgressor
We are and so we see ourselves as a separate identity
How then may in lived reality we embrace singularity or non-duality
Until & unless we employ free will to voluntarily choose
In cheerful acceptance, without hesitation or excuse
The life internal, eternal
Rather than the external, ephemeral
Which requires disassociation from the transient outer
In thought, word & deed prioritising the inner
And why would we do that unless ...
We self realise that the external domain offers no enduring happiness
This realisation happens gradually in timeless time
As ordained by the divine sublime
To begin with, we may yet in childlike innocence
Cultivate the habit to listen to the voice of our conscience
How may the divine energy to ignite us within in midst of egoic deflection
Unless we first effect continuous contemplative consciousness correction
There is no way, our choice is itself the way
In good humoured, love dispersing, unclinging play
For all to BE aware of source Love.
For us to BE rendered down to free flowing innocence of pure source intent.
Remove duality and do away with all disputes;
The Hindus and Muslims are not other than He.
Deem everyone virtuous, there are no thieves.
For, within every body He himself resides.
How the Trickster has put on a mask!
~ Bulleh Shah- 17th c
|All times are GMT. The time now is 02:16 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums