Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   anyone ever experienced oneness? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40742)

ThoughtBroadcaster 10-09-2012 01:23 AM

anyone ever experienced oneness?

i am working with a guru but i want to know if it is true that everyone is not real? that they are just reflections of myself? in a way i fear going into oneness because i will be all alone and that there will be no other. i hope someone will be able to tell me this is not true. i know now why people say ignorance is bliss.

Xan 10-09-2012 01:32 AM

T.B.... The concept that others are not real is a tricky one, and I don't know that it actually leads to freedom from duality and separation.

In oneness loneliness and fear don't exist. These are just the mind's projections of what it thinks will be.

Oneness is also called Wholeness... in experiencing it nothing is lacking. This direct, intimate knowing leads to true bliss. This is my own experience.

Xan

psychoslice 10-09-2012 01:49 AM

Ignorance isn't bliss, that's why there are so many miserable people, to experience Oneness is to experience all there IS, how could one be alone if their all that IS. Don't be so attached to the mind body organism, its not who you truly are, therefore the mind bodies of all others isn't who they are also, see all as One and you will never be alone again.

Mountain-Goat 10-09-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThoughtBroadcaster
i am working with a guru but i want to know if it is true that everyone is not real? that they are just reflections of myself? in a way i fear going into oneness because i will be all alone and that there will be no other. i hope someone will be able to tell me this is not true. i know now why people say ignorance is bliss.

You don't appear to me to be very blissful TB.
You are ignorant of the knowledge if people are real or not, and you are fearful that if this is true, that you will be all alone.

sound 10-09-2012 02:31 PM

Yeah when I look at psychoslice's avatar I experience a sense of oneness :) :hug3:

Mountain-Goat 10-09-2012 08:27 PM

~looks up @ sound..smiles~ Nice.

DeepForest 21-09-2012 04:17 PM

no one is real.. just a reflection of your mind... but your mind is real? .. no maybe not.. every one is equally unreal.. but then who is experiencing the unreal?.. maybe a classic question...

or.. every one is connected in a supergeneral "oneness" but still devided into separate "aggregates" of personal experience unique to each individual... very real.. maybe experience the "many-ness" instead of the oneness.. or maybe balance both of them...

TzuJanLi 21-09-2012 04:38 PM

Greetings..

Ah.. the "bliss", gotta have that, right? good marketing, that 'bliss' stuff.. but, it's also an attachment, seeking the 'bliss', what has been discarded? not blissful enough?... wholeness is all-inclusive, sometimes bliss, sometimes not, but.. i'll let the Bliss PR Dept. take it from here.. noting that it sounds a lot more like desire or preference than pure clarity..

Be well..

BlueSky 21-09-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

So if the guru is right and if everyone is not real, then neither is he and neither are you and there is no one to go into oneness and no one to feel alone. :smile:
Problem solved...........don't give it another thought.

silent whisper 21-09-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Yes the reflections are true, but do not forget that in the human existence for our physical journey the reflection does not disregard but embraces spirit, we are one in spirit.....in your fear of being alone...you might awaken something that will help you understand fears only keep us from experiencing the oneness fully..:hug3: