Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Killed something and saw the light (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116819)

Brucely 11-09-2017 09:53 AM

Killed something and saw the light

Is that bad? I know u should just capture it and put it outside. I just cant do that with every spider! I squished it and saw the small light of its soul ascending. Did i free it from being a spider? Or was it a disservice? I feel like it revealed itself to me because it knew how i would react. It was its time.

Dargor 11-09-2017 10:21 AM

Well, perhaps you just freed a lonely male spider unable to find himself a girl spider from it's miserable life and just wanted to say thanks.

Lorelyen 11-09-2017 10:22 AM

Can I ask what it did to prompt you to kill it?

Brucely 11-09-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Well, perhaps you just freed a lonely male spider unable to find himself a girl spider from it's miserable life and just wanted to say thanks.

Lol thats good.

Brucely 11-09-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Can I ask what it did to prompt you to kill it?

Overpopulation of spiders in my area. And if i see it and dont get it out of my room i wont be able to sleep. Squishing is my last option behind vacumming and letting outside. But it was the first time ive seen the light like that... The feels, oh the feels:angel13:

Snow Goose 11-09-2017 11:23 AM

Poor wee spider, I don't kill them or vacuum them. I just freed one from my sink, would rather have spiders in the house than flies.

Maybe seeing some light as you squished it was your own sense of guilt..

Can't say the same about wasps though, I don't mind them till this time of year when they turn nasty, I will encourage them to leave the house on their own but if not the spray does come out.

shivatar 11-09-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucely
Is that bad? I know u should just capture it and put it outside. I just cant do that with every spider! I squished it and saw the small light of its soul ascending. Did i free it from being a spider? Or was it a disservice? I feel like it revealed itself to me because it knew how i would react. It was its time.

To stay alive we must eat other beings, 99.99% of the time we eat corpses but sometimes people eat live animals.

Life feeds on life. to kill is not against the laws of nature, it's actually a part of it.

Killing for sport is not part of nature. Killing out of fear, killing in defense of self, is a part of nature.

Sure, the spider probably wasn't a threat, but you didn't kill it for sport or out of malice. You just reacted too quickly because of fear and killed it. No big deal.

Feeling bad about it, that is normal. Trying to trick yourself into thinking that the spider let you kill it is your way of getting out of feeling bad.

Nothing wants to die. The spider wanted to live. However killing it wasn't necessarily a dis-service, the death would only be inconvenient to the spiders ego though. That is, if spiders have ego. To the true spirit of the spider you're doing no harm, simply moving it from one life to the next.

There is nothing wrong or terrible about being a spider. And in all likelihood the spider became a spider again in it's next life.

Brucely 12-09-2017 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shivatar
To stay alive we must eat other beings, 99.99% of the time we eat corpses but sometimes people eat live animals.

Life feeds on life. to kill is not against the laws of nature, it's actually a part of it.

Killing for sport is not part of nature. Killing out of fear, killing in defense of self, is a part of nature.

Sure, the spider probably wasn't a threat, but you didn't kill it for sport or out of malice. You just reacted too quickly because of fear and killed it. No big deal.

Feeling bad about it, that is normal. Trying to trick yourself into thinking that the spider let you kill it is your way of getting out of feeling bad.

Nothing wants to die. The spider wanted to live. However killing it wasn't necessarily a dis-service, the death would only be inconvenient to the spiders ego though. That is, if spiders have ego. To the true spirit of the spider you're doing no harm, simply moving it from one life to the next.

There is nothing wrong or terrible about being a spider. And in all likelihood the spider became a spider again in it's next life.

That is a buddhist worthy answer

Brucely 12-09-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow Goose
Poor wee spider, I don't kill them or vacuum them. I just freed one from my sink, would rather have spiders in the house than flies.

Maybe seeing some light as you squished it was your own sense of guilt..

Can't say the same about wasps though, I don't mind them till this time of year when they turn nasty, I will encourage them to leave the house on their own but if not the spray does come out.

It was no 'wee' spider, at least not compared to other spiders

Ah i hate sprays, it pains me to douse something in chemicalls, seeing or hearing it screetch:icon_eek: Plus, you get poison on your walls and such

Snow Goose 12-09-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucely
It was no 'wee' spider, at least not compared to other spiders

Ah i hate sprays, it pains me to douse something in chemicalls, seeing or hearing it screetch:icon_eek: Plus, you get poison on your walls and such

Hehehe, I dont like chemicals either it's an absolute last resort!

If you really can't stand spiders why not use natural remedies? https://www.tipsbulletin.com/14-grea...ome-naturally/

I had a ant problem in my last house and was able to deal with them using a similar spray described on the link.