Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Welcome (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   a terrified skeptic-believer (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122668)

sczies 15-05-2018 06:25 AM

a terrified skeptic-believer

I'm new here although, definitely not new to researching the metaphysical. I suppose most of my (admittedly short) life I would have considered myself a "rational" person, and definitely not spiritual at all, but for the past few years I've been drawn to the whole idea of being a starseed and I keep gravitating back to looking up more information, resonating with it, and then getting scared out of my wits and forgetting about it for months

I guess I've been a skeptic for long enough that when it comes to that kind of faith I'm completely out of my depth. But you know, if I keep coming back to it there must be something more to it right?

I still have some major doubts, but I can tell that I'm opening up to spirituality more lately. I can't say that it's not terrifying, though. It's so completely at odds with everything that I've come to believe, and the way I present myself to the world that I think I have an identity crisis every time I get too deep into the research hole. But I really don't want to let it sit and wait for much longer. I mean, I can't keep cycling between researching a little and then shutting it all out forever, y'know? I feel like I'm ready to join the discussion, at least as far as my social anxiety will allow. So hello!

SeekerOfKnowledge 15-05-2018 07:57 AM

Hello sczies,

a warm welcome to you. May you find other Star Seeds here so that you can exchange thoughts and experiences with them. Enjoy you stay.

dream jo 15-05-2018 01:05 PM

hi..............................................

Chrysalis 15-05-2018 03:31 PM

Greetings sczies and welcome to SF!

Spirited 15-05-2018 04:51 PM

Hi sczies, I hope you find everything you're searching for. There is definitely something for everyone here and I am sure it will help on your journey of discovery. Hope to see you around.

Aistaraina 16-05-2018 01:03 PM

Hi there, welcome :)

hallow 21-05-2018 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sczies
I'm new here although, definitely not new to researching the metaphysical. I suppose most of my (admittedly short) life I would have considered myself a "rational" person, and definitely not spiritual at all, but for the past few years I've been drawn to the whole idea of being a starseed and I keep gravitating back to looking up more information, resonating with it, and then getting scared out of my wits and forgetting about it for months

I guess I've been a skeptic for long enough that when it comes to that kind of faith I'm completely out of my depth. But you know, if I keep coming back to it there must be something more to it right?

I still have some major doubts, but I can tell that I'm opening up to spirituality more lately. I can't say that it's not terrifying, though. It's so completely at odds with everything that I've come to believe, and the way I present myself to the world that I think I have an identity crisis every time I get too deep into the research hole. But I really don't want to let it sit and wait for much longer. I mean, I can't keep cycling between researching a little and then shutting it all out forever, y'know? I feel like I'm ready to join the discussion, at least as far as my social anxiety will allow. So hello!

that's exactly how I started, in disbelief.but I am still here an learned so much since I started looking past the stereotypes. Good luck and welcome!

kellyshane 22-05-2018 02:58 PM

Hi! Welcome to our spiritual family!