Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Kundalini awakening and mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32776)

Shilao 25-03-2012 04:13 PM

Kundalini awakening and mediumship

Hi,

I'm going through a Kundalini awakening, it started in June last year. It has varied in intensity, but has started to get very intense the last week.

I quite frequently go through kriyas which can last between a few minutes up to 2-3 hours. Sometimes the kriyas happen on their own, other times they are precipitated by meditation.

Yesterday I started chanting in what seemed to be Swahili, I chant in Sanskrit and what seems to be Latin as well. Haven't studied any of the languages, so can only see it coming from the spirit world. Used google translate to check the origin and meaning of the language, so not sure how accurate it is, but chanted quite a few different phrases which seemed to be Swahili so it seems to go against being just random words. At one point during the kriyas my body went stiff and I was lying on my back. I held my hands together above my chest in a similar position as though they were tied together. My face was contorted with anxiety, then shifted to fear and hatred. My mouth was drawn at the same time. This went on for a minute or two, then my body went limp, I felt relief and fell asleep. I also felt like I was a woman, difficult to explain.

This is the first time something like this has happened, which to me seems to be different from Kundalini, and therefore made me wonder if I was in contact with a female spirit who had died? maybe as a slave due to my experiences above.

Would be very grateful for your thoughts on this. Am not sure what to make of it.

/Shilao

Serenity Bear 26-03-2012 08:41 AM

It does sound like it was a contact with a spirit and how they passed away. As a medium it is something that happens quite often in various ways, they just like to tell you how they passed over. You can clear it very quickly by grounding or asking them to back off a bit.

As far as Kundalini is concerned, Iv heard of it but never related to Mediumship. Its something that usually doesnt go hand in hand as its an Eastern philosophy where Mediumship originated in America and thus follows a Western philosophy.

Shilao 27-03-2012 06:11 PM

Hi Serenity Bear,

Thanks for your reply and advice. I'm going to have a hard time adjusting to this if this is what really happened. Although believing that spirits live on after death is a relief, and my experience was intense at the time, I felt detached from the horror of it when I woke up. To truly imagine that this could have happened to a woman, thinking about it now, makes me beyond sick.

I suppose if mediumship is what is happening, there is a reason for it, and it's just to accept it. I take it from your response that you are a medium? if so, do you have any advice on how to be a good medium, because if that would be my calling, I would like to do what I can to help the spirits that might contact me, if that is my purpose.

Kundalini and Mediumship do seem to be separate facets of spirituality. I think my spiritual side just expanded in multiple directions when the Kundalini awakening happened. I seemed able to heal people with acupressure last summer as well without having studied it. Helped five people with different bodily pains. All seemed to be healed. One woman with intense pain in one of her arms, suddenly began to shake enormously in one arm during the treatment and got a massive endorphine rush. She slept for hours. Don't know if I still have the ability, my confidence levels dropped after a lot happened in life, and just haven't tried to help anyone since.

Emmalevine 04-04-2012 07:41 PM

Hi

I became very psychic after my Kundalini awakened and started receiving clairvoyance images, so yes, in my experience they are certainly related. Kundalini may be better heard about in the East but it's a universal human experience at some time or other depending on soul growth and it can in some cases instigate psychic development.

Shilao 07-04-2012 04:08 PM

Hi Starbuck,

Thanks for your reply. Am glad to know I'm not the only one to experience that. It's unfortunate that Kundalini is so unknown in the western world, but hopefully that will change in the future. Do you still have your abilities? I seem to go through phases with my awakening, different symptoms and abilities coming and going, but I suppose that is how it can be. I think if anything it teaches one to be very humble in the face of God and patient that all things take their time.

What is your view of the spiritual realm? do you believe there are many gods or just one? I believe in many gods, but that is due to the experiences I've had since the kundalini started, a lot of thoughts and theories going through my mind, some which feel like they come from the spirit world, others that seem to be created by my creative mind. A lot of knowledge still to be learnt.

Westleigh 07-04-2012 06:49 PM

Hi Shilao,

I have to say that the first thing that came to my mind when you described your actions/emotions and feeling female was that you were experiencing a connection with one of your own previous lifetimes. Kundalini experiences are episodes of very intense and concentrated spiritual healing, and this healing can extend beyond the lifetime you are currently experiencing to others, as we sometimes still carry traumas from our last passing as well. This could be related to the languages you find yourself speaking also.

I have also had many kundalini experiences, many quite intense, and while this along with other energy work has certainly increased my capacity for spirit communication and is therefore tangentially related to mediumship, I have found that kundalini experiences are generally all centred on you, because this is inner work - you must trust your own intuition, so if your feeling was that someone outside of you was contacting you you are probably correct, however given the circumstances and my own experiences I would be surprised if the things you experience during kundalini healing weren't coming from within you.

My experiences with the spirit world have taught me that it is everything everyone believes and far more besides. It is infinite and of infinite possibilities and will therefore fulfil anything we want or expect of it, limited only by our imaginations. I think human beings generally need to choose a belief path and feel that there are rules and particular truths because we cannot wrap our minds around the concept that these things may not exist... my experience of spiritual reality is that there are no rules and as many truths as necessary. But you are on your own path of discovery and I am sure you will have the opportunity to draw your own conclusions. :smile:

If you'd like to share your experiences with others there is a good thread about kundalini awakening here: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8082

Shilao 09-04-2012 11:10 PM

Hi Westleigh,

Thanks for your response and link. I found great solace and sense in your words. I hadn't considered that it could be from my previous lives, makes a lot of sense with the Kundalini as it is, a very deep personal spiritual awakening.

I prefer not to think about the experiences I had, once I do I really go into the state of emotion that would be felt if actually experiencing the same event and it is beyond my ability to cope with.

I agree with your theory regarding the languages, two of the things I came out with in Swahili, if it is Swahili, was, om wai - the *****, and malaya nolo wa - Molo's prostitutes. I couldn't figure out why I was chanting that, but the traumatic experience would explain it. Also, the smallest tribe in Kenya is apparently called El Molo which likely suffered from slavery in the past, so points to it being a real recollection.
The other chants were random,
am mwana - am the son, seems to be about another spoken about person, or connection with a male spirit.
wola - O
am balee - always with, guessing that is the spirit saying that she/he is always with me or my previous life's spirit.
am baya manala - am wrongly located, definitely rings true to me, never felt at home in the western world.

The latin I don't feel there is a history of trauma, it is very often about God and Jesus, like, Semper cogitae virtutem sanctus spiritus, Corpus sanctus spiritus domini nostrum etc, sometimes it appears random without logic, or with some diffuse meaning. A sentence I just thought of was - im vade omni apus dote - which apparently means, Go on, among all the dowry. Intriguing to say the least.

You've got a very wise outlook on things, I'm grateful for your help :)

Thanks again for the link, will check it out tomorrow, will be good to discuss it, so many symptoms I've had that before finding out about Kundalini made no sense at all.

Blessings to you,

Shilao