Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Outdoors or Indoors? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124812)

SaturninePluto 27-08-2018 12:35 PM

Outdoors or Indoors?

Hi guys.

I am thinking about this momentarily. Preferences with meditation and atmosphere...

I was wondering if all you here have either an indoor or out of doors preference, and why it is you may feel this way?

I know of my own preference but may wait until some responses before adding my thoughts to the mix here.

So any atmospheric preferences for meditation? Where do you like to meditate, and why? Does the area speak to you, are certain places more comfortable for you?

Thank you for reading.

Blessings.

sky 27-08-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi guys.

I am thinking about this momentarily. Preferences with meditation and atmosphere...

I was wondering if all you here have either an indoor or out of doors preference, and why it is you may feel this way?

I know of my own preference but may wait until some responses before adding my thoughts to the mix here.

So any atmospheric preferences for meditation? Where do you like to meditate, and why? Does the area speak to you, are certain places more comfortable for you?

Thank you for reading.

Blessings.

Meditation for me 99% of the time is not something I do, it is something that happens so indoors or outdoors is not something I choose. I don't have preferences.

inavalan 27-08-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Hi guys.

Thank you for reading.

Blessings.

Wherever there are less distractions.

sky 27-08-2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inavalan
Wherever there are less distractions.

I think distractions are part of Meditation, they go hand in hand. You can use the distractions to learn.
Meditation isn’t about getting a certain experience but about experiencing whatever is happening right now, which includes distractions.

SaturninePluto 27-08-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
I think distractions are part of Meditation, they go hand in hand. You can use the distractions to learn.
Meditation isn’t about getting a certain experience but about experiencing whatever is happening right now, which includes distractions.

Yes, this here is it for me.

I find it best to accept the distractions no matter how loud in their entirety, and to move on from them into the next present then the next moment and so on and so forth. Take it slow and take the thoughts as they come, while trying to accept as well the silences of the moments. There is much beauty in this.

For me I actively meditate both indoors and out and that is my preference wherever it is I happen to be.

Beingness.

Native spirit 27-08-2018 10:33 PM

It all depends on the individual some people prefer to meditate in Nature especially if it is warm outside.that would be my preference.
but others would rather meditate indoors.

Namaste

Nature Grows 28-08-2018 09:47 AM

Indoors or out doors doesn't matter to much for me, but I do like to do it at night out doors in nature somewhere no one will be.

Amanaki 07-09-2018 11:20 PM

I dont have preferences to where i can or can not meditate. I have meditated in a room to streets in a city to high in to the mountains, But it is not outside noises that is a problem, it is the calmness within. as long you can be empty within you can meditate anywhere you are.