Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   coincidences? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9922)

mac 24-01-2011 10:57 PM

coincidences?

Scenario: Someone has a medical condition where early, mild, undiagnosed bouts of discomfort can eventually become immobilisingly painful attacks. While travelling abroad the sufferer becomes ill and has emergency surgery. The trip appears to be totally compromised. Despite innumerable potential problems of many kinds (not just medical) none actually occurs. Hospital care is first class and the whole procedure, lasting a few weeks, plays out without hitch and with an excellent outcome.

Becoming ill in that way, at that time, in that place, with such a good all-round result, was an amazingly complex set of coincidences. If everything had been planned to take advantage of the facilities on offer there, it could hardly have been planned any better! Was it really a set of lucky coincidences or might friends-in-spirit have orchestrated everything?

Could they have brought on the attack in order to take advantage of an advantageous situation? Would they need permission and, if so, how would that come about?

Summerland 24-01-2011 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac

Scenario: Someone has a medical condition where early, mild, undiagnosed bouts of discomfort can eventually become immobilisingly painful attacks. While travelling abroad the sufferer becomes ill and has emergency surgery. The trip appears to be totally compromised. Despite innumerable potential problems of many kinds (not just medical) none actually occurs. Hospital care is first class and the whole procedure, lasting a few weeks, plays out without hitch and with an excellent outcome.

Becoming ill in that way, at that time, in that place, with such a good all-round result, was an amazingly complex set of coincidences. If everything had been planned to take advantage of the facilities on offer there, it could hardly have been planned any better! Was it really a set of lucky coincidences or might friends-in-spirit have orchestrated everything?

Could they have brought on the attack in order to take advantage of an advantageous situation? Would they need permission and, if so, how would that come about?

mac, I don't believe in coincidences. One coincidence might be tsk-tsk'd away. But not the string of coincidences that led to such a superb outcome.

mac 24-01-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerland
mac, I don't believe in coincidences. One coincidence might be tsk-tsk'd away. But not the string of coincidences that led to such a superb outcome.

Even the cautious mac had to reconsider on this one - but what are your answers to the last questions if there are no coincidences?:wink:

Summerland 24-01-2011 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac
Even the cautious mac had to reconsider on this one - but what are your answers to the last questions if there are no coincidences?:wink:

There are critical points in our lives that I call "nexus points". We can choose to change the "scripts" that we agreed on before incarnating; perhaps we wanted to balance out a great deal of karmic debt. Then after getting to a point in our lives, our higher self realizes that we have bitten off too big of a bite. We can ask that the script be altered; perhaps to not have a life theatening experience or perhaps to soften it a bit. And of course our guardians and angels are made aware of that and help to change our course a bit.
On the other hand, it could have all been pre-arranged to happen just the way that it did. THAT could well have been the script that was planned on before you were incarnated. (Of course the person in question may not be you). The life is not over yet and no one can know of the ramifications down thru the years. It could be that there will be someone else who the ill person comes across who might need that same treatment. If the first person had not had the experience, then how would the second person be able to be saved by the same treatment.
That is the whole point mac, we never know until later the why's and 'how comes' Take the blessing, accept it and thank the Powers That Be and live your life honorably is really the best answer that I can offer.
We never know how an action of ours can change the future outcome of someone that we don't even know and might never know; otherwise called the butterfly effect.

mac 25-01-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerland
There are critical points in our lives that I call "nexus points". We can choose to change the "scripts" that we agreed on before incarnating; perhaps we wanted to balance out a great deal of karmic debt. Then after getting to a point in our lives, our higher self realizes that we have bitten off too big of a bite. We can ask that the script be altered; perhaps to not have a life theatening experience or perhaps to soften it a bit. And of course our guardians and angels are made aware of that and help to change our course a bit.
On the other hand, it could have all been pre-arranged to happen just the way that it did. THAT could well have been the script that was planned on before you were incarnated. (Of course the person in question may not be you). The life is not over yet and no one can know of the ramifications down thru the years. It could be that there will be someone else who the ill person comes across who might need that same treatment. If the first person had not had the experience, then how would the second person be able to be saved by the same treatment.
That is the whole point mac, we never know until later the why's and 'how comes' Take the blessing, accept it and thank the Powers That Be and live your life honorably is really the best answer that I can offer.
We never know how an action of ours can change the future outcome of someone that we don't even know and might never know; otherwise called the butterfly effect.

I wrote a full response to your reply - thank you very much - but my junky-Vista operated computer decided to pull the plug on my browser just before the last sentence..... :icon_frown:

Suffice it to say that I agree with almost everything you have written, a somewhat surprising outcome for me. :wink:

You've presented your reasons beautifully and I can identify with so much of what you've said. The person in question isn't me but is very close to me and I lived the many 'coincidences', the 'coincidences' which have given me reason to question my outlook about certain occasions in life - not all of 'em but perhaps more than I might have thought before..... :wink:

Gracey 25-01-2011 01:25 AM

reminds me of when a child falls and nearly hits their head on something hard. But does not.
it is grace that is with them.

in your scenario, grace comes to mind and if it is by orchestration.... cool.

Summerland 25-01-2011 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac
I wrote a full response to your reply - thank you very much - but my junky-Vista operated computer decided to pull the plug on my browser just before the last sentence..... :icon_frown:

Suffice it to say that I agree with almost everything you have written, a somewhat surprising outcome for me. :wink:

You've presented your reasons beautifully and I can identify with so much of what you've said. The person in question isn't me but is very close to me and I lived the many 'coincidences', the 'coincidences' which have given me reason to question my outlook about certain occasions in life - not all of 'em but perhaps more than I might have thought before..... :wink:

I'm sorry mac about the computer. I have had that and similar experiences with these things.
And glad that you found some resonance in what I wrote. Since the 'coincidences' happened to you, then you know that they were too perfect not to have been orchstrated.:hug3:

mac 25-01-2011 01:44 AM

I'm sorry mac about the computer. I have had that and similar experiences with these things. thanks - I've found my other Windows 7 computer is WAY more reliable but I'm stuck with this for a couple more months 'til I get home 'cos I'm too wary of possible problems when changing from Vista to W7! It's supposed to be straightforward - yeah, right!

And glad that you found some resonance in what I wrote. Since the 'coincidences' happened to you (included me closely:wink:), then you know that they were too perfect not to have been orchstrated. Yes I've been fighting that conclusion without success. I'd have to be pig-headed in the extreme to reject it - and even I am not that pig-headed.

Never too old to learn, eh? Well maybe I will one day! :D :hug3:

mac 25-01-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey
reminds me of when a child falls and nearly hits their head on something hard. But does not.
it is grace that is with them.

in your scenario, grace comes to mind and if it is by orchestration.... cool.

I'm still cautious about placing situations in the orchestration basket. Even those orchestrated from afar must follow laws. Cause and effect always govern any outcome even when the cause isn't obvious.

My stance is always that we should first look for answers in the physical domain before looking elsewhere. :hug3:

Summerland 25-01-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac
I'm sorry mac about the computer. I have had that and similar experiences with these things. thanks - I've found my other Windows 7 computer is WAY more reliable but I'm stuck with this for a couple more months 'til I get home 'cos I'm too wary of possible problems when changing from Vista to W7! It's supposed to be straightforward - yeah, right!

And glad that you found some resonance in what I wrote. Since the 'coincidences' happened to you (included me closely:wink:), then you know that they were too perfect not to have been orchstrated. Yes I've been fighting that conclusion without success. I'd have to be pig-headed in the extreme to reject it - and even I am not that pig-headed.

Never too old to learn, eh? Well maybe I will one day! :D :hug3:

Just enjoy the gift that you have both experienced, go with the flow. Often these types of occurences are placed in our path to let us know that we are following the right road. NO ONE is ever too old to learn. You were given two trips in one; a fun, sight seeing trip and a spiritual journey. After what you have experienced, you will never look at life quite the same way.