Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ayurveda (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Go-to meal for pitta bodies! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105225)

jorddy 04-09-2016 02:11 AM

Go-to meal for pitta bodies!

Hey guys,

I've gone through many diets
- Vegan, raw, paleo, high fat - low carb, no bread.

I've entered into a new one that seems to be crushing all of the others - based on my dosha... So if you are a pitta dosha (as I am) .. Here's a meal that has turned into a staple for me :)

Crockpot - low for 6 hours: - My go-to
Half-breasted chicken 2 lbs, quinoa 2 cups, 4 japanese potatoes, 5 1/2 cups Organic chicken broth unsalted, Turmeric, Curry powder

7luminaries 06-09-2016 02:47 PM

It sounds really amazing...I would probably leave off the potatoes at times and regularly add in a wad of green veggies and onions or leeks, and a generous spoon of green olive oil or raw butter, for best absorption of the veg. Perhaps a dash of sea salt...voila :D With green or herbal teas...ahhhh.

I would think you could also change this up for fish, esp. mild white fish, wild caught, and just reduce cook time.

Peace & blessings,
7L

jorddy 08-09-2016 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7luminaries
It sounds really amazing...I would probably leave off the potatoes at times and regularly add in a wad of green veggies and onions or leeks, and a generous spoon of green olive oil or raw butter, for best absorption of the veg. Perhaps a dash of sea salt...voila :D With green or herbal teas...ahhhh.

I would think you could also change this up for fish, esp. mild white fish, wild caught, and just reduce cook time.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Hehe, great improvements!

Though, I enjoy not having too much butter in my dinner because I have a lot of fat throughout the whole day... But Yes, I was thinking of adding celery, brussel sprouts, and broccoli next time.

I used to cook it with fish ^_^ I forgot how long it would be.. It wouldn't take long at all, prob like 15 or so minutes. I used to make a salmon, brussel sprouts, buckwheat, spinach soup (had a ukrainian gf for a while - it was our rendition of Bourche hehe)

intj123 10-09-2016 04:47 PM

I am also primary pitta dosha.

I noticed I should stay away from like fried foods, or certain bad oily foods. My skin gets really oily.

Certain oil I like though, oily salmon is good. That omega-3.

jorddy 11-09-2016 01:04 AM

aha. Yeah, as much as I enjoy Krispy Kreme and wingstop but both kiillllll me inside.. Sometimes I do it anyways :P

For Omega-3's I take Nutrigold Triple Strength Omega-3. 750mg EPA each, I take one in the morning and one at night!

Some food that really kills me: Fried food (like you said) .. Bananas .. Yogurt .. Green apples (regardless of how much I love em)

- Anything sour, oily, spicy is no good for us.

dream jo 06-11-2017 10:46 PM

i luv pitta i do i do

Alice_1 23-04-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorddy
Hey guys,

I've gone through many diets
- Vegan, raw, paleo, high fat - low carb, no bread.

I've entered into a new one that seems to be crushing all of the others - based on my dosha... So if you are a pitta dosha (as I am) .. Here's a meal that has turned into a staple for me :)

Crockpot - low for 6 hours: - My go-to
Half-breasted chicken 2 lbs, quinoa 2 cups, 4 japanese potatoes, 5 1/2 cups Organic chicken broth unsalted, Turmeric, Curry powder

My friend is a pitta dosha and he's looking rather good since then