Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   What Western Monotheism is evolving into (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=108907)

davidsun 24-12-2016 01:02 PM

What Western Monotheism is evolving into

By Marianne Williamson:

The holidays are only holy if we make them so.

Otherwise, the assault of modernity -- from crass consumerism to a 24-hour news cycle to the compulsivity of the wired world -- wrecks whatever we have left of our nervous systems, making the true spiritual meaning of Christmas seem as distant as the furthest star. It's only when we consciously carve out a space for the holy -- in our heads, our hearts and our lifestyles -- that the deeper mysteries of the season can reveal themselves.

The holidays are a time of spiritual preparation, if we allow them to be. We're preparing for the birth of our possible selves, the event with which we have been psychologically pregnant all our lives. And the labor doesn't happen in our fancy places; there is never "room in the Inn," or room in the intellect, for the birth of our authentic selves. That happens in the manger of our most humble places, with lots of angels, i.e. Thoughts of God, all around.

Something happens in that quiet place, where we're simply alone and listening to nothing but our hearts. It's not loneliness, that aloneness. It's rather the solitude of the soul, where we are grounded more deeply in our own internal depths. Then, having connected more deeply to God, we're able to connect more deeply with each other. Our connection to the divine unlocks our connection to the universe.

According to the mystical tradition, Christ is born into the world through each of us. As we open our hearts, he is born into the world. As we choose to forgive, he is born into the world. As we rise to the occasion, he is born into the world. As we make our hearts true conduits for love, and our minds true conduits for higher thoughts, then absolutely a divine birth takes place. Who we're capable of being emerges into the world, and weaknesses of the former self begin to fade. Thus are the spiritual mysteries of the universe, the constant process of dying to who we used to be as we actualize our divine potential.

We make moment-by-moment decisions what kind of people to be -- whether to be someone who blesses, or who blames; someone who obsesses about past and future, or who dwells fully in the present; someone who whines about problems, or who creates solutions. It's always our choice what attitudinal ground to stand on: the emotional quicksand of negative thinking, or the airstrip of spiritual flight.

Such choices are made in every moment, consciously or unconsciously, throughout the year. But this is the season when we consider the possibility that we could achieve a higher state of consciousness, not just sometimes but all the time. We consider that there has been one -- and the mystical tradition says there have also been others -- who so embodied his own divine spark that he is now as an elder brother to us, assigned the task of helping the rest of us do the same. According to A Course in Miracles, he doesn't have anything we don't have; he simply doesn't have anything else. He is in a state that is still potential in the rest of us. The image of Jesus has been so perverted, so twisted by institutions claiming to represent him. As it's stated in the Course, "Some bitter idols have been made of him who came only to be brother to the world." But beyond the mythmaking, doctrine and dogma, he is a magnificent spiritual force. And one doesn't have to be Christian to appreciate that fact, or to fall on our knees with praise and thanks at the realization of its meaning. Jesus gives to Christmas its spiritual intensity, hidden behind the ego's lure into all the wild and cacophonous sounds of the season. Beyond the nativity scenes, beyond the doctrinal hoopla, lies one important thing: the hope that we might yet become, while still on this earth, who we truly are.

Then we, and the entire world, will know peace.

Starman 25-12-2016 12:18 AM

Thank you for sharing this and Merry Christ-Mass.:smile:

davidsun 25-12-2016 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starman
Thank you for sharing this and Merry Christ-Mass.:smile:

The more the merrier!
:wave:

Baile 26-12-2016 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidsun
Beyond the nativity scenes, beyond the doctrinal hoopla, lies one important thing: the hope that we might yet become

Hi David, some great thoughts in that post. For years I directed Christmas plays in an esoteric Christian community. I was always searching for new and different carols to sing, and one year I came across one called "All and Some":

Nowell sing we, both all and some,
Now Rex Pacificus is ye come.
...and with his body us brought to bliss,
Both all and some, both all and some.

There are occult secrets and explanations about the human condition and the makeup of spirit, hidden away in the writings of the Templar period, including medieval carols such as this. In this case, the mystical paradox posed is this: How can something be both all (complete and finished), and some (incomplete and in-process)?

All and some is nothing less than a quantum revelation: That which we already are in the future, in spirit, and the eternal, is the thing we are striving to be in the present, the material, and the transitory. This and other such epiphanies have transformed the very way I step into each moment. I don't hope anymore, nor do I have faith. I don't even "know" or have "inner certainty." All of these, to one degree or another, allude to the possibility of some other, opposite possibility. For me, other, opposite possibilities simply do not exist, other than within the limiting human mind.

"The hope that we might yet become," for me became that which I am, and that which is. Once the higher-self recognition has touched the thing, it is done, and cannot be undone or diminished, ever.

davidsun 26-12-2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
"The hope that we might yet become," for me became that which I am, and that which is. Once the higher-self recognition has touched the thing, it is done, and cannot be undone or diminished, ever.

Paradox Re-Solution 101!

"I Am THAT I Am" and "Though Art THAT" both mean both :wink: that there's 'no hope' of one's 'becoming' THAT and that there's 'no possibility' of one's 'not being' THAT.

Great wave ex-press-ion of enTHATenment, baile. :D

Surf's up, folks!

:wav:

An 'Eastern' phenoptype of the phenom may be seen at: http://theendlessfurther.com/tag/being-and-nonbeing/

Amilius777 30-12-2016 03:55 PM

Great post DavidSun!

When you read the four Gospels they say enough great things about Jesus that religion didn't even need to make more of.

But I think all the obsession and love religion has given Jesus is something they were giving to themselves. And that is the whole point.

It says in the Nicene Creed- "God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God"

That was originally assigned to Caesar but was then taken down and given to Jesus.

We all began with God in the beginning from our eternal state, 'God from God' but through the journey and evolution of the soul we have forgotten who and what we are. We all were THAT in seed form and on a long evolution towards THAT in full maturity. The whole purpose of God creating Jesus and sending him to us in a human body was to show all humanity where we are going. We saw the Alpha which was "Adam" called son of God in St. Luke's Gospel which means that is how we all began. Son of God but naïve, childish, immature. And the Omega is Son of God again but it is Christ Jesus; wizened, divinized, mature, and evolved. And that omega point, our future will be the total union of human and divine nature.

Jesus was simply born totally Divine/Psychic/Spirit-filled, and totally human. He was our Beginning and our End. God begat Jesus from himself for the sake of God wanting to become human, Jesus became human, Jesus lived a normal and powerless life, Jesus became the Christ, Jesus became God. Jesus Christ is the Pattern and Power as Edgar Cayce once said. Jesus the man is the pattern, the Way out, the road to God. Christ was the Power, the divine-human nature within him.

guthrio 30-12-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

By Marianne Williamson:

The holidays are only holy if we make them so.

Otherwise, the assault of modernity -- from crass consumerism to a 24-hour news cycle to the compulsivity of the wired world -- wrecks whatever we have left of our nervous systems, making the true spiritual meaning of Christmas seem as distant as the furthest star. It's only when we consciously carve out a space for the holy -- in our heads, our hearts and our lifestyles -- that the deeper mysteries of the season can reveal themselves.

The holidays are a time of spiritual preparation, if we allow them to be. We're preparing for the birth of our possible selves, the event with which we have been psychologically pregnant all our lives. And the labor doesn't happen in our fancy places; there is never "room in the Inn," or room in the intellect, for the birth of our authentic selves. That happens in the manger of our most humble places, with lots of angels, i.e. Thoughts of God, all around.

Something happens in that quiet place, where we're simply alone and listening to nothing but our hearts. It's not loneliness, that aloneness. It's rather the solitude of the soul, where we are grounded more deeply in our own internal depths. Then, having connected more deeply to God, we're able to connect more deeply with each other. Our connection to the divine unlocks our connection to the universe.

According to the mystical tradition, Christ is born into the world through each of us. As we open our hearts, he is born into the world. As we choose to forgive, he is born into the world. As we rise to the occasion, he is born into the world. As we make our hearts true conduits for love, and our minds true conduits for higher thoughts, then absolutely a divine birth takes place. Who we're capable of being emerges into the world, and weaknesses of the former self begin to fade. Thus are the spiritual mysteries of the universe, the constant process of dying to who we used to be as we actualize our divine potential.

We make moment-by-moment decisions what kind of people to be -- whether to be someone who blesses, or who blames; someone who obsesses about past and future, or who dwells fully in the present; someone who whines about problems, or who creates solutions. It's always our choice what attitudinal ground to stand on: the emotional quicksand of negative thinking, or the airstrip of spiritual flight.

Such choices are made in every moment, consciously or unconsciously, throughout the year. But this is the season when we consider the possibility that we could achieve a higher state of consciousness, not just sometimes but all the time. We consider that there has been one -- and the mystical tradition says there have also been others -- who so embodied his own divine spark that he is now as an elder brother to us, assigned the task of helping the rest of us do the same. According to A Course in Miracles, he doesn't have anything we don't have; he simply doesn't have anything else. He is in a state that is still potential in the rest of us. The image of Jesus has been so perverted, so twisted by institutions claiming to represent him. As it's stated in the Course, "Some bitter idols have been made of him who came only to be brother to the world." But beyond the mythmaking, doctrine and dogma, he is a magnificent spiritual force. And one doesn't have to be Christian to appreciate that fact, or to fall on our knees with praise and thanks at the realization of its meaning. Jesus gives to Christmas its spiritual intensity, hidden behind the ego's lure into all the wild and cacophonous sounds of the season. Beyond the nativity scenes, beyond the doctrinal hoopla, lies one important thing: the hope that we might yet become, while still on this earth, who we truly are.

Then we, and the entire world, will know peace.

Davidsun,

Thanks for such a mighty, timely reminder!

...and in the surfing spirit of your Paradox Re-Solution 101....we have always been Who we truly are, awaiting our own remembrance on Earth that I Am That I Am as in Heaven.

As above, so below...

Kowabunga! Hang Ten! :smile:

Reference: http://www.thechristmind.org/god.htm

davidsun 30-12-2016 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guthrio
Kowabunga! Hang Ten! :smile:

Reference: http://www.thechristmind.org/god.htm

Kowabunga, 'man' dude! :biggrin:

Looking forward to savoring what's at thecristmind.org link. Muchos Gracias!

davidsun 30-12-2016 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guthrio

The ideas articulated in the book(s) are right on, IMO. But Roberts Clark's stance in relation to the (material!) 'state' of Israel, as revealed via his facebook page, is way off, showing that he is following the 'letter' of the word(s) he so gloriously presents, the their true 'spirit', again IMO.

I am curious: what is your 'connection' with him, guthrio?

guthrio 30-12-2016 08:16 PM

What Western Monotheism is evolving into

Quote:

The ideas articulated in the book(s) are right on, IMO. But Roberts Clark's stance in relation to the (material!) 'state' of Israel, as revealed via his facebook page, is way off, showing that he is following the 'letter' of the word(s) he so gloriously presents, the their true 'spirit', again IMO.

I am curious: what is your 'connection' with him, guthrio?

Davidsun,

....de nada! :smile:

I have no connection to Robert Clark, except as the information in his Christmind.org site corresponds so closely with other sources I've encountered that state very clearly that God is the Universal and Man is the Universal Individualized....(see 1st reference, below).

I have not seen Clark's Facebook page.

I am hoping that its focus is not limited to the false advocacy that any state on Earth believes that it owns any part of a planet its inhabitants may have resided upon, whether for almost 4 millenia or a paltry 2 1/2 centuries. No one, in ANY country, even "owns" the breath it takes to say "This land is mine"!

In keeping with what Clark has stated in his Christmind.org page, I'll just quote this part from the 2nd reference which corresponds to what I believe is the only thing that matters relating to any country on Earth, or to each of its inhabitants, regardless what they call themselves:

God did not give being to the different nationalities … the different religions, customs or languages. These are ‘human’ states of mind … human creations. God gives being only to Himself. He is the reality of every man on Earth. ‘I am the first and I am the last and besides me there is none else.’ (‘No one’ is the definition of the word none in the standard college dictionary.) We are not aware that we possess the divine creative attributes of God, so in ignorance of this we function as mere men. Until we have been ‘born again’ we can’t even imagine that there is any other way for us to ‘walk’, but once we realize that the ‘I am’ within us is indeed the ‘Father,’ we can realize then that we can, indeed, live as God … as we were created to live. (‘Having dominion over the fowls of the air, the fishes of the sea,’ etc.) He did not give being to us so that we should live as ‘men’. He created us to live as Gods (as God himself).

Davidsun, would that all Mankind could understand that Who We Really Are could not EVER be limited to where we live...or how long we've lived there.

It is the entirety of Creation, not some patch of dirt on a single planet, that is, and has always been, our True Home.

Brother, this conversation is gettin' tubular! :smile:

Hope you enjoy the references....

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...2&postcount=42

Reference: http://www.thechristmind.org/iamthat.htm I Am that I am and Besides Me There is None Else