Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Bad experience with carnelian.. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121995)

Suzanne71 14-04-2018 10:41 PM

Bad experience with carnelian..

Hi to everyone, this is my first post on here and hope you are all well:smile:
Im wondering whether some of you have any insight or advice into an experience I recently had with carnelian. I bought a lovely carnelian pendant just after Christmas. I did everything I usually do with my crystals, cleansed it and charged it before wearing. (I left my carnelian in the sun for a few hours as the weather was lovely and I read carnelian is a sun loving stone).
After wearing it for a few days I became really poorly with an upper respiratory tract infection (I'm rarely ill, the last time was 4 years ago!) At the time thought nothing of it thinking it had no connection to my crystal. I slowly improved to only become ill again with the same problem 3 weeks later. Then followed by a awful sinus infection for the first time in my life. At this point I had taken the carnelian off and just carried it with me in my bag. I became very depressed and anxious over the following weeks and felt dreadful, suffering severe anxiety that I drove myself to A&E in a complete panic in the middle of the night!
Not long after I was cleaning out my bag and I think I accidentally threw away the carnelian, the chain, the lot! I cannot now find it anywhere, but since it's gone missing I feel my health has returned and my depressed mood has lifted. I feel I appreciate my health a heck of a lot more than I used to!
I have many crystals at home with Smokey quartz my favourite, yet this is the first time IV had a bad experience with a crystal.
I read somewhere a while back that crystals can either break or crack or just go missing once there energy or healing powers are no longer needed by the owner. I don't know how true this is but I just dont know what benefit carnelian gave me during this time. Can certain stones actually make you physically ill? :confused:

Lynn 15-04-2018 04:52 PM

Hello

I have had crystals vanish when they are done with me, I too have had them vanish and come back to me in odd places I never would have put them.

As for the illness it sounds like what Heart my husband member here had last year. He rarely gets ill, a mild cold at times, thats it. Then he got slammed hard for 3 months he was down and out. He was in bed for weeks not able to do much more than bathroom and bed again. It was a nasty bug that went around.

Looking back at it now, it was a "test" we were given as we run our own business, we had to learn now to budget for those "rainy days" and know that we could ride out anything that was tossed our way. We just made it clear of the money issues, but we learned how to run things. We too learned that we had to buy out our partner in the business as he had not set it up right for us from day one.

There are always reasons and lessons we are given in forced down times, but we do not always look deeper for them. You have to honestly take a step back and look at where you were heading when you fell ill, and what pitfall maybe you missed out on having come to you.

I feel that maybe the stone brought on the focus of you being ill so that when you recovered you would want to focus on what transpired.

Lynn

Live in HD 08-05-2018 12:57 AM

Hi and welcome I’m new too! I was very unwell for around 8 weeks earlier this yr and afterwards I felt that I was releasing a lot of emotional energy I’d been holding onto, everything around us can trigger release.. including crystals . I think it’s happening to a lot of people actually. Rather than trying to resist it I found surrendering to its flow made it easier. It’s something I feel that’s inevitable and Like a current, it is leading you somewhere or you can fight the process... you’ll end up where it’s leading you anyway but its harder than it had to be. There’s no right or wrong good or bad it just is.. it’s easier and a pleasant experience if something makes us happy and it’s very uncomfortable if it’s not.. When there’s chaos there’s growth..

abhaych 08-05-2018 01:24 PM

I had a similar experience with an Amber. It was a very nice stone with a hole naturally created into it so I just put a thread in it & started wearing it. After a few days, I started having a toothache. It was quite severe but I couldn't exactly point out which tooth was aching. I even went to a dentist & he told me that I had a cavity. But the pain didnt go away. Suddenly the thought occurred to me that the pain could be due to the amber, so I just took it off. Within a short time the pain went away. I wanted to confirm that the pain was due to the amber, so after a few days I put it on again and in a couple of days the pain returned. After confirming, I put away the amber for good.

moonincancer 10-05-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhaych
I had a similar experience with an Amber. It was a very nice stone with a hole naturally created into it so I just put a thread in it & started wearing it. After a few days, I started having a toothache. It was quite severe but I couldn't exactly point out which tooth was aching. I even went to a dentist & he told me that I had a cavity. But the pain didnt go away. Suddenly the thought occurred to me that the pain could be due to the amber, so I just took it off. Within a short time the pain went away. I wanted to confirm that the pain was due to the amber, so after a few days I put it on again and in a couple of days the pain returned. After confirming, I put away the amber for good.

That is a fascinating anecdote!
I find it interesting how the same crystal can affect different people in various ways and sometimes the same person differently at different times.

Glen.Appleton 27-05-2018 05:10 PM

One possible explanation is that when dealing with crystal energy (or any energy for that matter), they can remove certain energy blockages in the body. So, if you've suppressed some energy at some point, and the blockage is removed, then that energy may (and often does) come to the surface. Depending on the event / emotion from which the suppressed energy originated, it can cause physical symptoms when returning to the surface unabated.

My recommendation is that when this happens, try to "ease into" the crystal in question. It's probably enabling your body to tell you something that you need to hear, but it might be doing it in such a forceful manner that the physical reaction is intolerable. Therefore, work with the crystal in short sessions and do some personal shadow work to determine if maybe there is some internal energy within you trying to make itself known.

As always, use your own intuition as to what does or does not work for you and your personal energy signature.