Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Nature (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Natural Wonders (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118128)

Shivani Devi 03-11-2017 12:37 PM

Natural Wonders

Hi there.

In an episode of boredom last night, I went on the net looking for weird and wonderful natural phenomenon which made me caw with girlish glee.

First, I was impressed by luminescent single-celled organisms which turned beaches into a reflection of the night sky:

Next was a photo of amazing cloud formations over Mt Fuji in Japan which looked like Mt Fuji itself:

Not to be outdone by this, I saw an image of two rocks about to kiss:

Then, there are those huge water sink holes in the middle of lakes which leads me to wonder where all the water goes:

Of course, that's all nothing compared to those orchids which look like monkey faces:

Nature is truly an incredible thing.

Shivani Devi 03-11-2017 01:30 PM

Continuing on..

The weirdest tree I have ever seen would have to be the Dragon Blood tree...they look like giant tree mushrooms:

...and why these rocks don't fall over due to any of Newton's laws, I have no idea:

Then, there are the 'snow rollers'...miniature avalanches which make donut-shaped snowballs:

Then, there are those Moroccan climbing goats...how the hell do they get up there and stay up there?

Well, we've seen the monkey-faced orchids, how about those which look like dancing ballerinas?

Yep, small things amuse smaller minds. lol

More to come another day.

EndoftheRoad 03-11-2017 02:00 PM

Amused. Go on.. :smile:

Shivani Devi 03-11-2017 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
Amused. Go on.. :

Okay, I shall. =)

Here is the tessellated pavement at Port Arthur in Tasmania...it's hard to believe this is natural, but it is:

Then, there is that flower that looks like a pair of lips:

Or the heart-shaped island in the USA (there's also one in Croatia):

Then, the annual red crab migration at Christmas Island in Australia...millions of them march down from the mountains to the sea:

Then, there's those beautiful, colourful rock formations in the Danxia province in China which look like an artist painted on them:

There we go. More will follow later.

Shivani Devi 03-11-2017 05:42 PM

Last few before I hit the hay tonight.

They say you can see shapes in clouds if you look hard enough...you don't need to look too hard to see what this one is:

I didn't know you could keep green algae balls as pets...they are called Marimo...well, I'll be:

Volcanic lightning! Yeah, pyroclasm creates it's own electrical field! Impressive!

Then, there's the penis snake - a recently discovered blind amphibian in the Brazilian jungle:

Fly Geyser in Reno, Nevada! This place looks amazing:

That's all for a while...more in a few days now. Thanks for watching.

ocean breeze 04-11-2017 07:41 AM

Surreal. Love it.

Chrysalis 04-11-2017 08:09 PM

Those pics are amazing! I hope you find more to post. Thank you for sharing!

dream jo 05-11-2017 08:15 PM

yep sky 1 its a bear it is

hallow 28-11-2017 12:14 PM

An interesting weather wonder are "ice quakes". I get them where i live. These are some pictures of the lake superior ice caves, i live about a 2hr drive from them. The other i took on a little road trip near where i live. I am lucky to live next to 2 of the great Lakes, lake superior and lake Michigan. Them in themselves are a natural wonder.

shoni7510 28-11-2017 01:32 PM

I have never seen so many big red crabs in my entire life. Where I come from crabs are yellow and smaller.