Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Christianity (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Is the holy Spirit a person ? How do you know ? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133622)

JosephineB 30-01-2020 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
much truth here. in the centre of the jungle is the temple
the beings in the jungle speak different things than what is heard in the temple
they surround it then become silent in the centre once you disobey them and go in, like a damn old soul!

Be careful not to trip on those mushrooms in them there jungles.

LadyMay 30-01-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidmartin
much truth here. in the centre of the jungle is the temple
the beings in the jungle speak different things than what is heard in the temple
they surround it then become silent in the centre once you disobey them and go in, like a damn old soul!

I am not sure I understand in full what this means, can you clarify?

davidmartin 31-01-2020 12:48 AM

eating the mushrooms?! sigh.. yes i did eat me some of those red ones with the little white spots. ah, the dancing leprechauns. people say fairies and such-like are not real, i recon there is some truth to it, ask any old hippie biker type don't believe me!

As to the jungle theory, the basic idea is that what we call God exists in a pure space (within the individual or collective mind). no lower or darker things can get near this, so they surround it instead. so if we look to God its a case of seeing through. i'm amazed that this is the way things are, it is astounding and a joyous realisation too. i don't think i've even seen 1% of it just the slightest hint but that's enough, i'm happy

mickiel 31-01-2020 01:46 AM

In Rev.4:5 the throne of God is being and it mentions that God has seven spirits. Which I find of interest. I think the Holy Spirit could be any one of those. Or it could be a combination of them all. We really don't know. Just THINK if the Holy spirit that came to earth and performed all those great things, is just one of them, just think what 7 of them could do. I think they all may be extensions of God.

JosephineB 31-01-2020 03:31 PM

Quote:

eating the mushrooms?! sigh.. yes i did eat me some of those red ones with the little white spots. ah, the dancing leprechauns. people say fairies and such-like are not real, i recon there is some truth to it, ask any old hippie biker type don't believe me!

ketzer 31-01-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophian
Please share your thoughts : )

The holy spirit is a person.... or perhaps person(s).... and other things as well.
I know it is a person because he comes down my chimney every 24th of December. Just anticipating his coming seems to fill me with a bit of the holy spirit myself. Nice guy, pretty selfless.

Jyotir 31-01-2020 07:03 PM

Being All, The Holy Spirit may be experienced as personal or impersonal. It also accommodates the preference of the aspirant.

~ J

BigJohn 01-02-2020 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophian
Please share your thoughts : )

The first usage of the expression "Holy Spirit" is recorded in Isaiah 63:10 (a) which reads "Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit."

In Hebrew, ר֣וּחַ is transliterated as rū·aḥ and translated as Spirit. The expression is also rendered as Breath, Wind, etc.

This word is used several times in the Old testament and never was used to indicate a person or a facet of a Trinity.

sky 01-02-2020 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
The first usage of the expression "Holy Spirit" is recorded in Isaiah 63:10 (a) which reads "Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit."

In Hebrew, ר֣וּחַ is transliterated as rū·aḥ and translated as Spirit. The expression is also rendered as Breath, Wind, etc.

This word is used several times in the Old testament and never was used to indicate a person or a facet of a Trinity.

Some say Genesis mentioned it first...

' In Hebrew, ר֣וּחַ is transliterated as rū·aḥ and translated as Spirit. The expression is also rendered as Breath, Wind, etc.'

Isaiah actually uses the word ' His Holy spirit ' rather than ' The holy spirit '....

hazada guess 01-02-2020 10:46 AM

Is the holy Spirit a person ? How do you know ?

The way I look at it is that the Holy Spirit is just that.A Holy Spirit,A Spirit,an entity,a force,the divine.
Can you imagine a massive giant looking down on all of us and controlling us?I couldn't ,lol.