Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Opinions needed] Saw Shiva(Indian god?) (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=78312)

Hypnoticalec 04-12-2014 12:34 PM

[Opinions needed] Saw Shiva(Indian god?)

This happened several years back, I was listening to psytrance a few days back and it hit me. I cant understand how, because I didn't know who Shiva is until I remembered and looked it up but here goes:

I woke up and got ready to go to school. Did the usual and headed out. As I was walking my way by myself I was looking at the clouds, and there I saw it. Shiva in a lotus position looking straight at me, but it had an evil aura, it looked like Dabura from Dragon ball Z.. But it didnt shock me at all. I couldn't tell if it was a cloud or a visual. Thing is, as we locked eyes it began to spin his head as in a hand of time in a clock but slightly faster. The evil aura surrounded me but I was still hazy from waking early so I just observed without interacting.

Can someone shed some light on what this might mean? :color:

jonesboy 04-12-2014 02:29 PM

Shiva is the Divine Female aspect of God. Nothing evil about her. You can think of Shiva like this.

You have a pond that is still, that is the father. The waves like from a drop that are created in the pond is the Mother. The father is rest where the mother is motion/creation.

As far as your dream.. No clue :) sorry.

Hypnoticalec 04-12-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesboy
Shiva is the Divine Female aspect of God. Nothing evil about her. You can think of Shiva like this.

You have a pond that is still, that is the father. The waves like from a drop that are created in the pond is the Mother. The father is rest where the mother is motion/creation.

Thanks. Still...

Everly 05-12-2014 03:38 AM

Shiva is wonderful! She is also a change agent...destroying that which is not helpful for growth.

As for your dream... Dreams are highly personal. Even though there are some universal themes and meanings, they can mean something entirely different to different people. Think about what those things mean to you, and go from there. If nothing comes to mind, write it down, look at it before sleep and ask that the meaning come to you and that you'll remember it.

Hypnoticalec 05-12-2014 12:17 PM

It wasn't a dream! I was walking to school! :color:

jonesboy 05-12-2014 01:12 PM

Then feel blessed

Miss Hepburn 05-12-2014 01:21 PM

I was with ya...until the evil word, Hypno.

Hypnoticalec 05-12-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I was with ya...until the evil word, Hypno.

Forget it.. It doesnt make a difference if I know or not :dink:

Vinayaka 16-12-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonesboy

I felt compelled to correct this information. In the branch of Hinduism called Saivism (worshippers of Shiva) Shiva is God, period. Actually genderless, He/She is generally depicted as male.

The 'female' aspect of God is called Shakti. As a practicing Hindu, this was the first time ever I had seen anyone say Shiva is female aspect.

The male/female is a misnomer. A better way is unmanifest-manifestm with Shiva being unmanifest, and Shakti being manifest.

jonesboy 16-12-2014 03:30 PM

OOPS,

Sorry I got those two switched.

Quote:

The male/female is a misnomer. A better way is unmanifest-manifestm with Shiva being unmanifest, and Shakti being manifest.

In the true end state yes there is only light, no male or female. Until one get's to that realization it is experienced as a male/female aspect.

Instead of manifest and unmanifest to explain them I like:

Prajna-paramita Sutras

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form
Emptiness is not separate from form, form is not separate from emptiness
Whatever is form is emptiness, whatever is emptiness is form