Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Vegetarian & Vegan (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Why are you a vegetarian or vegan? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8591)

yuliamarscm55 31-12-2010 05:10 AM

Why are you a vegetarian or vegan?

Hello, I'm interested in hearing why any of you became a vegan or vegetarian,
sense some of you sound like you just became one for the health

My reason was my love for animals and I believe every life is valuable,
and I've been one for 3-4 years and I'm thinking of becoming a vegan soon

psychoslice 31-12-2010 05:17 AM

Yea my reason was also because i didn't like to think an animal had to dies for me to eat, when I can get by not eating animals. I am a vegetarian and feel no need to go to a vegan, I think a vegan life style for me would be too boring, but thats me.I have been a vegetarian for about 25 years.

dogninja 31-12-2010 05:24 AM

I work in a shelter. I quit eating meat due to my friendships with animals, too make a long graphic story short. Simply dealing with the daily amount of euthanasia and human apathy pushed me to stop. When people become aware of the amount of suffering many animals endure, they should stop eating things that create suffering.

I am not vegan but I try my best. Soon. For me it has been a process as well.

elaine 03-01-2011 09:02 PM

I dislike the way animals are factory farmed, fed with growth hormones, and have little respect apart from to be used in the human food chain. I have never been a lover of meat before I became vege. I am healthy and fit, and see no reason to change.

I could not eat meat, as I feel that I do not need to kill animals to obtain a varied diet, and get the required nourishment, as seeds, nuts, pulses, and green veg provide all I need,when properly combined.

My love for animals is foremost, and I could not kill simply for food.

Spiritlite 03-01-2011 09:13 PM

I'm nervous about being a vegetarian because I don't know if I could nutritionally do well..is that something that's unrealistic?
However, if I do eat meat, I eat drug free, hormone free, cruelty free, all natural meats that are treated and killed humanely...it is a lot more money but worth it and I'd rather eat that type of meat than those that are basically tortured.
Spiritlite.

ultra-violet 03-01-2011 09:48 PM

Hi Spiritlite :smile:

Quote:

I don't know if I could nutritionally do well..is that something that's unrealistic?

I think the conditioned belief could be something that's unrealistic. Nutritionally, every whole food contains some protein, with good amounts found in quinoa, lentils, amaranth, millet, buckwheat, legumes, nuts, seeds and leafy green vegetables. These are more usable sources of protein.

Quote:

..it is a lot more money but worth it and I'd rather eat that type of meat than those that are basically tortured.

me too.

Roselove 03-01-2011 10:45 PM

i am eggtarian lol I was hesitant for nutritional issues but staring feeling guilt over animals and felt it was unethical, but didnt give it up completely until i found out eating meat lowers vibration, can't have that!

Spiritlite 03-01-2011 11:21 PM

Thankyou Ultra I'm sure there must be websites out there that are free to help people to become vegetarian.
Spiritlite.

ultra-violet 04-01-2011 12:02 AM

hand-deleted

ultra-violet 04-01-2011 01:03 AM

hand-deleted