Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   North American Indigenous Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   coyote medicine (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=126052)

Anala 31-10-2018 10:03 PM

coyote medicine

Does anyone have any experience with coyote medicine? I met someone in a casual interaction who mention he practices. I was very confused. My understanding of coyote from the Navajo perspective is as a trickster. He had mentioned Sioux. He gave us sage and a red bead for my medicine bag.

Thanks!

Little Creek77 31-10-2018 10:32 PM

I hear these tricksters every night around my camp.

Crystal Ambassador 21-11-2018 01:25 AM

I have very briefly. It's my understanding that the nature of coyote is less trickster per se, and more like mischievous. When I worked with them they mentioned their lesson was to teach about being more free, not taking things as seriously, and looking beyond the surface.

Little Creek77 21-11-2018 06:41 PM

They whine and cry from all four directions around my camp.

ImthatIm 16-01-2019 04:01 PM

Quote:

Anala quote:
He gave us sage and a red bead for my medicine bag.

So a trickster gave you something to put in your medicine bag?

That,s what your asking here? Let me think, thinking, ah trickster, medicine bag, my personal medicine bag ah ah ah let me think.
Please use some common sense.

Anala 18-01-2019 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm

That,s what your asking here? Let me think, thinking, ah trickster, medicine bag, my personal medicine bag ah ah ah let me think.

I showed the bead and sage to my elder. She made my bag and put some items in it. She did not feel or see a problem with the sage or the bead. It was a gift.

I was more curious as to what coyote medicine means in the Sioux tradition. As we talked the coyote medicine (cm) person mentioned something about glass and I had just had a dream about someone outside of a glass house I was in. The cm person said to me, you know what I mean. I felt like this cm person could see my dream.

Then when the cm person left, we hugged and I saw the person from the dream and then the cm person left abruptly. Like the person in my dream scared the cm person.

My gut reaction was that the cm person was a seer.

The cm person did not say anything about coyote medicine until near the end of the conversation.

I thought it best to not post too much until winter. If you find this post offensive, please have the mods delete it.

ImthatIm 18-01-2019 03:31 PM

Anala

There is nothing wrong.I'm just saying.
Go with your elders advice.
I've met many Sioux people that believe coyote is also a trickster.

ImthatIm 18-01-2019 08:57 PM

Anala

Please forgive this post of mine.

Quote:

With the information you gave "I was very confused" I thought I was trying to cut through the confusion.
With my medicine people get concerned when I am coming near and are relieved when I pass.
Anyway I was only trying to be helpful.

Anala 19-01-2019 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Anala

Please forgive this post of mine. No forgiveness needed. I took no offense. :smile:

With my medicine people get concerned when I am coming near and are relieved when I pass. but why,... I do not understand the energy difference. I usually feel calm with healers. How do you feel around medicine people? May I ask?
Anyway I was only trying to be helpful.

You were helpful!

ImthatIm,

I am very difficult to offend. I was just looking for answers and you gave me your perspective, which I do honestly appreciate. I understand why you were taken aback. I learned many lessons from the incident.