Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Stones that don't necessarily draw you. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23339)

goddess9 05-10-2011 10:18 PM

Stones that don't necessarily draw you.

I'm sure this has been done before (I'm new and have been reading backposts...so I'm sorry if it has!) but I'm just wondering if anyone has a stone they just aren't drawn to/don't like/are repelled by.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of tourmaline. In the few years I've had stones, I don't think I've had a piece of tourmaline. I also don't mind quartz but I don't go out of my way to buy it.

nightowl 05-10-2011 10:21 PM

I am not fond of yellow topaz, it just make me want to say yuck! :D Not sure why, it just does.

Neville 05-10-2011 10:37 PM

Tourmaline, in all of it's hues as never done anything for me personally.

goddess9 05-10-2011 10:43 PM

I thought I'd be chatting all alone in here. :P

Ah, I forgot Aventurine. Doesn't matter what color...never drew me to it.

feralfae 05-10-2011 10:59 PM

I don't have a negative reaction to any stones that I can think of off hand. Quartz is probably the closest thing and all I feel towards it is ambivalence. And rose quartz usually dras a vague eye-roll from me, but in contrast, most of the women in my family love it.

Neville 05-10-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feralfae
I don't have a negative reaction to any stones that I can think of off hand. Quartz is probably the closest thing and all I feel towards it is ambivalence. And rose quartz usually dras a vague eye-roll from me, but in contrast, most of the women in my family love it.

I never really took to Rose Quartz either :smile:

feralfae 05-10-2011 11:41 PM

:-) Yeah, I wonder why that is?

nightowl 05-10-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

I believe it is the pink color and if I am not mistaken one of the qualities attached to it is love...:wink:

goddess9 06-10-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feralfae

That's what I was trying to convey when speaking about quartz...don't dislike it, just not drawn to it. My boyfriend seems to draw it out like a magnet. We got a mystery bag and we did a cute little "exercise" where we closed our eyes and picked out the ones that felt right. He got 90% of the quartz!

Rose quartz...I want to like it, I have a piece of it. I totally understand what you mean. It looks lovely...but I can't put my finger on it. :confused2:

Kristin050585 06-10-2011 01:01 AM

Mine tends to be ruby, most topaz, peridot, rose quartz. i think that may be it. I tend to be much more attracted to rarer stones.