Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Books (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Jack London (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107282)

Solarian 31-10-2016 04:47 AM

Jack London

Are there any Jack London fans out here?

I first knew of him back in the 6th grade when I read "White Fang" (my favourite of his) and it was definitely a spiritual experience for me. So much that I've read it again and again, gaining new insight each time that I didn't have the previous times of reading it. I saw nature differently, and the animalistic side of human nature much differently also.

"Call of the Wild" is another one I love. Jack London died too young, but his books on nature, wild life and instinct have completely impacted me in way that's life changing, more admirable. Thank you!

Explorer21 31-10-2016 12:46 PM

Solarian, I've been a Jack London fan since I was a teenager. "Call of the Wild" is one of my favorites. It's good to hear that Jack's novels have impacted you in a spiritual way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solarian
Are there any Jack London fans out here?

I first knew of him back in the 6th grade when I read "White Fang" (my favourite of his) and it was definitely a spiritual experience for me. So much that I've read it again and again, gaining new insight each time that I didn't have the previous times of reading it. I saw nature differently, and the animalistic side of human nature much differently also.

"Call of the Wild" is another one I love. Jack London died too young, but his books on nature, wild life and instinct have completely impacted me in way that's life changing, more admirable. Thank you!

Solarian 31-10-2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Explorer21
Solarian, I've been a Jack London fan since I was a teenager. "Call of the Wild" is one of my favorites. It's good to hear that Jack's novels have impacted you in a spiritual way.

I'm happy to hear you're a fan yourself :hug:

Tobi 01-11-2016 12:57 AM

Yes I always liked Jack London's books. White Fang....Call of the Wild....
It's nice to know he is not forgotten as a good writer even as time goes by.

Solarian 01-11-2016 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobi
Yes I always liked Jack London's books. White Fang....Call of the Wild....
It's nice to know he is not forgotten as a good writer even as time goes by.

I agree, Tobi! Let's not forget "Sea Wolf!"

SeekerOfKnowledge 14-07-2017 09:20 PM

I like The Star Rover (aka The Jacket).
A novel about reincarnation, written over a century ago...

Honza 12-11-2017 11:32 AM

Brings back old memories. Forgot all about him.

SierraNevadaStar 02-03-2018 04:59 PM

Yes! I am fan of Jack London's work and have read quite a bit of it. I even visited a house he lived in, in Oakland, California set (aptly enough) in Jack London Square.

Alice_1 22-05-2018 08:52 PM

I do adore his books. Good choice!