Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   No Self Readings (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20560)

Tara 11-08-2011 09:39 AM

No Self Readings

I can't seem to do readings for myself. Only for others. Anyone else the same way?

(I think I'm just too critical for myself)

norseman 11-08-2011 09:50 AM

Reading for yourself, you will tend to be either worse possible case scenario or best possible case. It's inevitable :D

glpoisson 11-08-2011 10:06 AM

I have found that with Tarot I get different information than with intuitive reading. I have very limited practice with Tarot and not knowing the meanings of the cards other than looking them up helps me to have perspective and distance on the reading which increases the accuracy when I read for myself. I have a whole lot of practice with readings of the intuitive variety and find it hard to sort the truth out from the usual daily mind chatter when reading for myself. With others it is much easier, for some reason, to drop the background mind chatter and give the information they need.

Grant

NiteOwl 11-08-2011 07:07 PM

It's hard to stay neutral. Set an intention before you lay your cards to answer your question, and try reading it as if your friend is asking the question. When you take a step back, the meaning is easier to see.

Good luck and have fun!

Medium_Laura 11-08-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norseman
Reading for yourself, you will tend to be either worse possible case scenario or best possible case. It's inevitable :D

What Norseman said. :) I never do readings for myself.

abikisses 11-08-2011 07:16 PM

I personally believe that the whole point of having any spiritual 'gifts' is to use them to aid others. When you give you will receive. It is most common not to be able to read for the self. However when you are in a position to 'know thyself' you will not be requiring any readings. I'm working on it lol.

Blessings
Abi _/\_

Neville 11-08-2011 07:42 PM

It is notoriously difficult to remain objective when reading for one self, we try to make the reading fit us instinctively.

Docha 11-08-2011 08:00 PM

When reding for myself, I ask as I always do for everyone, what do I need to hear?

Then I read the book as if I had a reader in front of me. I don't need someone else to ask the right questions to get me thinking. If my question involves another I read as if I am reading for that other person.

It is difficult to be objective but its no different than reading someone else.

By helping yourself, you become better at helping others. :)

Medium_Laura 11-08-2011 08:07 PM

Docha you will still make the book meanings fit you. It's human nature.

Docha 11-08-2011 08:19 PM

Well yes, but you do the same for others...

No reading is purely objectional, intuition is personal.