Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Afterlife and desires (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129939)

iamthat 15-06-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah nam
What some call the "Afterlife" is not Schlaraffenland

Excellent. I have learned a new word. :smile:

Peace.

Rickswordfish 15-06-2019 06:35 PM

WOULD SOMEONE JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION��

iamthat 15-06-2019 08:47 PM

As JosephineBloggs says, you seem to be very demanding which may discourage people from making the effort to reply.

You come out with very vague questions, and when we ask you to be more specific so we can respond you do not bother to do so, but just demand that someone answer your question.

Let us try again. You ask if all your desires will be fulfilled in the afterlife.
Are you talking about desires related to the physical body - food, drink, sex, playing the perfect round of golf?
Or are you talking about emotional desires for love and companionship?
Or creative desires for artistic expression?
Or mental desires for greater knowledge?
Or spiritual desires for greater wisdom?

If you just say all of the above, then people will give up because such topics have been covered many times in this forum.

If you are willing to make the effort to actually respond to what people say and be more specific, then someone might answer your question.

If you simply shout back in capital letters then it will turn people off, because you come across as rude and demanding and somewhat immature.

Over to you - this is a forum for discussion, so why not actually engage?

Peace.

Rickswordfish 15-06-2019 09:00 PM

It doesnt matter what my desires are, if i want it i should get it

iamthat 15-06-2019 09:19 PM

Maybe if you want it then you will get it. But do your desires involve other people? If so, then you require their cooperation.

And as the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Peace.

Rickswordfish 15-06-2019 10:17 PM

Ive heard people say that the afterlife is like a lucid dream shaped by our thoughts and desires

iamthat 15-06-2019 10:32 PM

We are told that the astral plane is very responsive to thought, and we can manifest whatever we think about. The physical plane is far more dense so manifestation requires more time and energy. But the nature of the astral plane means that anything we manifest requires a continued input of energy, otherwise it just fades away. Hence the astral plane is the plane of illusion.

This is the nature of desires. We can manifest what we want on the astral plane but having got it does not mean that we will be satisfied.

Peace.

Rickswordfish 15-06-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
We are told that the astral plane is very responsive to thought, and we can manifest whatever we think about. The physical plane is far more dense so manifestation requires more time and energy. But the nature of the astral plane means that anything we manifest requires a continued input of energy, otherwise it just fades away. Hence the astral plane is the plane of illusion.

This is the nature of desires. We can manifest what we want on the astral plane but having got it does not mean that we will be satisfied.

Peace.

Can we manifest lifeforms for company

Rah nam 16-06-2019 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickswordfish
Do we get whatever we want in the afterlife? What are the limits?

To answer your question we would have to clear up some misconceptions around the term "afterlife".
In my understanding there is no such thing as "afterlife".
We have existed before and will exist after we will leave this plane.
There are no wants, wants are part of this reality. We know what our path is, and act accordingly. Limits are determined by our level of vibration.

Rickswordfish 16-06-2019 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah nam
To answer your question we would have to clear up some misconceptions around the term "afterlife".
In my understanding there is no such thing as "afterlife".
We have existed before and will exist after we will leave this plane.
There are no wants, wants are part of this reality. We know what our path is, and act accordingly. Limits are determined by our level of vibration.

You dont know what the hell youre talking about