Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Past Lives & Reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A brief history of reincarnation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3944)

Gracey 04-10-2010 05:38 PM

A brief history of reincarnation

Reincarnation is the belief that the soul of ones spirit is born and reborn into the physical world. All reincarnate. Man has one spirit and one soul. The soul is born into a body while the spirit remains in the spiritual realm. When the soul awakens to its God self, the spirit evolves in the Spiritual realm. When one dies or ascends, the two will become one.

“The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.”
Paul, 1 Corinthians XV,45.

Reincarnation is an anglicized word of Latin decent meaning reinfleshment. All is said to reincarnate and all will evolve. Each of us carries the DNA of our ancestors. This allows us to tap into their memories. Buddhists believe that we relive our ancestors past over and over again; however, no soul is reborn twice. Tibetan Buddhists believe that it is our consciousness that is reborn,
If you cannot remember any past lives of your self or your ancestors, well the Kabala came up with the reason why. There is even physical proof of it and it is a night angel by the name of Layela who put it there. She invokes amnesia of your past lives by giving your soul a little pinch on the nose while applying pressure to the upper lip. This bears the mark of the Angels fingertip. You know it is the little indent between your nose and lip that everyone has that is the angles fingerprint.

The Hindu texts reveal that the soul will have many lives until it is awakened to the fact that all lives are in the present. The Goddess Kali is the one to guide you through the journey of life, death and rebirth. They say that our soul is experiencing all lifetimes at once. I suppose you can call this a genetic race DNA. With this being true, doppelgangers would be a good source to help you with life’s struggles concerning loved ones and enemies or just facing your own death.
Christians in ancient Rome <4th century AD> believed in reincarnation when the Emperor Constantine was in ruling; however his third wife who was a prostitute persuaded Constantine to remove reincarnation from Christianity because she was not interested in advocating any religion that would demote her in another life. Now Constantine believed in reincarnation <himself being Christ even> and was fearful for his sins, so he was the first roman Emperor to support religious freedom. His motivation was to stay on God’s good side for when he got to Heaven. By the time 787 AD rolled around, reincarnation and karma were ruled out completely by the Nicene Council. Modern Christians do not support the idea of reincarnation.

Karma is the balance of ones actions or lack of actions while alive. It is a link between you and another soul or even a group of souls. Your karmic debt will usually hit you like a tornado on a sunny day, but when you gain insight to the situation you will become neutral and then can move on.

“By means of thought, touch, sight and passions and by the abundance of food and drink there are birth and development of the (embodied) self. According to his deeds, the embodied self assumes successively various forms in various conditions.”
Shevetashvatara Upanishad 5,11.

There is what is called a boomerang reincarnation. This is where in one life you crippled someone and then the next life you are born crippled. It is not a punishment of sorts; it is merely a way to learn.

Another type is called organismic reincarnation. This is to say in one life you were a heavy smoker and then the next life you are born with asthma. Get it? When we are born, our soul has all memory of our existence and when we are born into another body, the soul imprints this information onto our new bodies and our cells have no choice than to react. If you become aware of yourself, you then have the power to over come this.

Another type is called symbolic reincarnation. Say in one life you chose not to see someone’s problems and then in the next you may be born blind. Again, this is not for punishment reasons. It is merely for the learning experience.
We can connect to others we have known from past lives in order to help each other through tough experiences or to remind us who we are as beings of the light. Soul space is when you communicate with other souls of a past life on the level of your highest self, your spirit. You will either love them or hate them as an instant recognition.

Most people will confuse this familiarity with romantic perceptions.

When you learn in the soul space of each other and take the good parts of each other into your own essence this is called soul space fragments.
Soul mates are people that you meet in life by the attraction of karma or destiny. These are the folks who help each other in life; their life’s usually run parallel in experiences, which gives them comfort in their friendship. Soul mates can be anyone from anywhere.

Back to the subject of reincarnation, I personally believe in reincarnation. Here are some ways to recognize the signs: birthmarks and deformities are results from traumatic or emotional past life experiences. Children are the ones who have the best chance of remembering them for they are fairly fresh from the other side. So pay attention to your kids when they speak and do not be afraid to ask them questions either.

Another way to recognize past lives is by speaking foreign languages in the dream state or awake and understanding it, but not knowing it in your present life.
Other ways to recognize past lives in the dream state is by major nature events, your in a different place or time, you may be dressed in clothing from another era or you may recognize material things from a past time period.
Another good way to recognize past lives is by the presence of any abilities that arise at a young age, such as musical, artistic or even visits from angels.

On the ninth of November 2008, I dreampt about my plant named Pete. He told me he will grow if I give him cold water and said he was on his last life. So in waking life, I gave him cold water and a baby plant sprouted next to him. In my dream, I saw the earth sprout and rumble, now I know why. So I researched if plants reincarnate and the Hindus say they do. Spirit starts out in rocks and minerals, to metals, to plant life, to invertebrates, to fish, to birds, then animals, then humans.

Animals and plants on the other hand manifest simultaneously through many animal bodies. It is called a group soul. Animal and plants are grouped in hundreds or thousands where as insects are grouped by the millions. When one of the group dies, they return to the spirit and reveal what they have learned to the rest of the spirit group. These three kingdoms have the option of becoming human.

Jesus said, “Lucky is the lion that the human will eat, so that the lion becomes human. And foul is the human that the lion will eat, and the lion still will become human.”
-The Gospel of Thomas.

Summerland 04-10-2010 07:14 PM

Gracey, that was beautifully written and very informative. It is basically the same understanding that I have of reincarnation. With the exceptions of plants and animals; I am not familar with that aspect.
But I do see aspects of karma working in my life on nearly a daily basis. And it appears that the balancing of karma is speeding up and coming due much more quickly.
Again, thanks for posting this. :hug3: :hug3:

Neville 04-10-2010 07:34 PM

an excellent and well researched article Gracey, Thanks for sharing :)

Gracey 05-10-2010 02:07 PM

Thanks! Here is the butterfly totem that I created that fits with this:

The totem of the Virtue angels is the butterfly. The butterfly is symbolic of the preparation of coming to into being, reincarnation, the power of the whirlwind, transmutation and magic. The egg stage is the idea or concept of coming to earth for an incarnation. The larva stage is the time when you and a Virtue angel review your chart. The cocoon stage is where you become in visual awareness of the physical below you in the spiritual realm. And the butterfly is the stage where you enter the physical world so you can discover your strength in your vulnerability and learn to trust your inner being.

Summerland 05-10-2010 09:39 PM

Gracey, I agree with the overall presentation that you give of reincarnation. And I am agreeing based on my own experiences of having been to Summerland, been in-between lives and memories of past lives. I recall deciding about coming back. Not all the details. I do recall a councli that talked with me after I reviewed my own life and knew of the things that I needed to work on. Our plans and expectations are usually more than we will be able to handle, but we are allowed wiggle room in a current reincarnation. And we post 'signs' along the way to let us know if we are on the right track. I believe some of the deja vu that we experience are due to those sign posts.
But of course, this is my belief and my memories. I don't recall being forced or co-erced to do anything; the choices were always mine ultimately.

Gracey 05-10-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerland
Graey, I agree with the overall presentation that you give of reincarnation. And I am agreeing based on my own experiences of having been to Summerlan, been in-between lives and memories of past lives. I recall deciding about coming back. Not all the details. I do recall a councli that talked with me after I reviewed my own life and knew of the things that I needed to work on. Our plans and expectations are usually more than we will be able to handle, but we are allowed wiggle room in a current reincarnation. And we post 'signs' along the way to let us know if we are on the right track. I believe some of the deja vu that we experience are due to those sign posts.
But of course, this is my belief and my memories. I don't recall being forced or co-erced to do anything; the choices were always mine ultimately.

thanks for sharing your experience, it is appreciated by me, i have come across others here who have had the same experience as you.

but for me, it was different. i remember very clearly before i was born, it was not my will to be born. i stood in front of "a light" "god" with great joy and he told me i was going to be born. there was no planning or counsling. i whinned, and then he showed me me in my moms womb. i felt dispair because i knew what hell it can be here on earth. and then in gods will i went to my mom's womb.

to me dejavu is an at the moment memory of what has allready happened. a higher awarness at that time.

Summerland 06-10-2010 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracey
thanks for sharing your experience, it is appreciated by me, i have come across others here who have had the same experience as you.

but for me, it was different. i remember very clearly before i was born, it was not my will to be born. i stood in front of "a light" "god" with great joy and he told me i was going to be born. there was no planning or counsling. i whinned, and then he showed me me in my moms womb. i felt dispair because i knew what hell it can be here on earth. and then in gods will i went to my mom's womb.

to me dejavu is an at the moment memory of what has allready happened. a higher awarness at that time.

Gracey, I find it amazing of how we all have different perspectives and that none of them are wrong. We are each such individuals that there isn't any way that our experiences can all be the same. If that was the case, then I would be very suspect of the sameness. Deja vu can also be that we jumped into our own future perhaps while astral traveling, and have retained that future memory.
The great thing is that nothing about spirituality is written in stone. Our beliefs change and grow just as we do.:hug3:

Rumar 06-10-2010 12:10 AM

We should go over reincarnation in all kinds of religions as well.
I believe in reincarnation from what I've read and watched on history channel.
Why would children have detailed memories of ancient medival castles? How would a child or a teenager have descriptions of people who weren't in available resources? There's books of people taking their children to psychiatrists because of the stories their children would tell them.

The goal here is to find out if you reincarnated before and how to trigger past life memories.

Gracey 06-10-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerland
Gracey, I find it amazing of how we all have different perspectives and that none of them are wrong. We are each such individuals that there isn't any way that our experiences can all be the same. If that was the case, then I would be very suspect of the sameness. Deja vu can also be that we jumped into our own future perhaps while astral traveling, and have retained that future memory.
The great thing is that nothing about spirituality is written in stone. Our beliefs change and grow just as we do.:hug3:

Cheers! :hug3:

Gracey 06-10-2010 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumar
We should go over reincarnation in all kinds of religions as well.
I believe in reincarnation from what I've read and watched on history channel.
Why would children have detailed memories of ancient medival castles? How would a child or a teenager have descriptions of people who weren't in available resources? There's books of people taking their children to psychiatrists because of the stories their children would tell them.

The goal here is to find out if you reincarnated before and how to trigger past life memories.

Hey Ruamr!

when my eldest son was just 4, that was many years ago, he told me that he remember him being the parent and me being the child. he said he was my uncle bill who died when i was just 16 and he knew nothing of him, but he went on to tell me things about what happened when i was a kid. life is pretty amazing, isn't it. :smile: and to tell ya the truth, i did not believe in reincarnation until that day.