Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Aromatherapy (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Best oils/incense/scents for the promotion of happiness? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=83118)

celest 16-07-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serrao
I think it is perfectly normal for a humanbeing to have interests, hobby's and passions.
Those are things that makes us different from "lower" lifeforms.
I, myself, can feel really happy when busy with science and technology (but this is a spiritual forum so I never mentioned it).
Architecture is also a hobby of mine.
Bodily exercise can feel really fulfilling too.

I really don't understand why an interest in aromatherapy can be seen as a pitfall in Life.

Who said it is a pitfall Serrao ? I like you have hobbies which I enjoy, life is for enjoying, there's enough misery in the world, lets be happy :D as long as our hobbies don't turn into attachments.

VinceField 18-07-2015 01:25 PM

There is nothing wrong with aromatherapy in and of itself. The problem arises when a person believes that it is going to make them a happier person. Such a person is looking for happiness in the wrong places.

A nice aroma may bring temporary enjoyment, but then what happens when the scent dies out? You're back to square one. There is little to no long term benefit. There will probably be a yearning for more pleasing scents, a craving, and potential attachment issues may arise.

I've found that focusing my efforts in cultivating a true and lasting happiness that is independent of sense pleasures has given rise to a much greater happiness and sense of fulfillment than when I was chasing happiness in that which is impermanent. There is a saying in Buddhism- "Sacrifice lesser happiness for a greater happiness."

skunk 22-07-2015 08:11 PM

Strongly drawn to having Himalayan Salt Lamps.

Renewal, like a good lightning storm brings.

Miss Hepburn 22-07-2015 11:36 PM

Well, if happiness is not being bitten by mosquitoes!!!!

Then, basil, lemongrass and geranium ess oils in either
shea butter or coconut oil! :D

Minerva 30-07-2015 02:08 AM

I use a mini-diffuser filled with Bergamot. When I am crabby or upset I turn my diffuser on and my mood eventually lightens up.

annabelle239 14-08-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VinceField
This is an utterly misguided question. If you think a smell is going to bring you happiness, you seriously need to rethink what true happiness actually is. The most appealing smell in the world will never bring true happiness. Neither will anything you can taste, touch, hear, or see. True happiness lies beyond the ego's desires for sensory pleasure.

Are you ok? Because you sincerely don't seem a very happy person yourself.

VinceField 14-08-2015 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle239
Are you ok? Because you sincerely don't seem a very happy person yourself.

How is that?

BigJohn 25-09-2018 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfgaze
My favorite incense scent is called 'Superhit', by Nag Champa brand... It has a very sweet, pleasant aroma... Stimulating but not too strong.....

I get high burning this wonderful incense.

Green.Heals 11-11-2018 07:01 AM

My happiness oils, are my calming oils; or almost sedative... :tongue:

Tansy, Fennel, and Red Mandarin, Lavendar

Blood Orange makes me really happy. It kinda perks me up, it smells like candy to me. Also another reason from time to time Lemongrass does the same thing for me.

Green.Heals 11-11-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well, if happiness is not being bitten by mosquitoes!!!!

Then, basil, lemongrass and geranium ess oils in either
shea butter or coconut oil! :D

I second Basil. It is also very nice.