Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Ayurveda (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   OIL PULLING (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26380)

Osian 28-11-2011 02:22 AM

OIL PULLING

Im on day two of oil pulling, can't wait to see if the results, it sounds amazing. Anyone on here uses it?

iolite 28-11-2011 02:50 AM

I've done it a time or two...just can't get into the routine of it. I really should give it a go again. What kind of oil do you pull with?

Osian 28-11-2011 11:02 PM

I'm using olive oil but tomorrow im picking up compressed sunflower oil or sesami.Also from what i gather it's really important to do it first thing in the morning and keep replacing the oil in your mouth every 4 minutes.

silent whisper 06-02-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horse lover
I'm using olive oil but tomorrow im picking up compressed sunflower oil or sesami.Also from what i gather it's really important to do it first thing in the morning and keep replacing the oil in your mouth every 4 minutes.

I have heard of it...what exactly does it do and how does it work if you dont mind me asking?

Osian 21-02-2012 09:19 AM

What does it do? Oilpulling heals “head-aches, bronchitis, tooth pain, thrombosis, eczema, ulcers and diseases of stomach, intestines, heart, blood, kidney, liver, lungs and women’s diseases. It heals diseases of nerves, paralysis, and encephalitis. It prevents the growth of malignant tumors, cuts and heals them. Chronic sleeplessness is cured.”The most obvious result of oil pulling is improved dental health. Teeth become whiter, gums pinker and healthier looking, and breath fresher. That alone makes it worthwhile. What is really remarkable is that the health benefits don't stop there. Many health problems, including those which medical science has yet to find cures for, are also improved or completely cured. Oil pulling has the potential to help with just about any illness or chronic condition.

How it works?
Oilpulling is an age old Ayurveda process, it works on the ROOT CAUSE and helps body in its healing process, hence takes significant amount of time in giving you the desired results. The time it takes depends on an individual. Hence don't expect a MAJIC PILL kind of treatment overnight.

amy green 02-09-2012 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silent whisper
I have heard of it...what exactly does it do and how does it work if you dont mind me asking?

I had to look it up! :smile: Apparently it involves swishing oil in the mouth.
Rinsing the mouth with 1 tablespoon oil for 15-20 minutes! (I confess that I don't have that much patience).

Sunflower 03-09-2012 12:02 PM

I didn't last long at this as I didn't like the feeling of the oil, yuck, but it does sound brilliant.

TahitianVanilla 15-09-2013 05:53 AM

I've tried this before. It really helped me a lot health and mind wise. I've been thinking about getting back into it. I really don't know why I stopped. I feel extremely "different" when using mouthwash such as Listerine. That's not a good different either.

Silver 15-09-2013 06:58 AM

I've heard coconut oil is good because of its special healing properties. I might try it.

thisisnotharmless 03-09-2014 12:58 AM

A lot of Ayurvedic practices have been backed up by science, but oil pulling isn't one of them. It's the kind of thing that was beneficial thousands of years ago when the practice was developed, but has been rendered obsolete. The only measurable benefit it's been shown to have is that it cleans your teeth and mouth, but it doesn't even do that as well as brushing and flossing.